Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Pie's 7 Easy Steps to Bind Removal.

I'm surprised that there is no tutorial on how to remove old Bindings, thus many have asked how to remove.

So I've decided to make this tutorial is for those that can not remove those pesky previous bindings.

Steps to Removal:

1. Delete FAC6B533E4D245CE8B9A67DB1472B2B98F3F54FA.hfs located in the hfs folder of Vindictus.

2. Press back to go back to the whole contains of the Vindictus folder.

3. Find CurrentFile.txt and open and delete the log inside it.

4. Save.

5. Start Vindictus (let it patch first)

6. Open up the options.

7. Hit "OK"

There you have it. All those pesky binds are removed.
    Last edited by Pie; 06-01-2011 at 03:47 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pie For This Useful Post:

Chee12 (06-01-2011),cjrayne (02-24-2012),CurdledMilk (06-11-2011),jimil (06-09-2011),JudgeDeaths (06-11-2011),Pactolus (06-17-2011),silebah (06-05-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Eum, no, there is. o_O

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/267-vindic...hfs-files.html

Sticky. o.o Not exactly that title, but it's basically the same steps as you described.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwar4ever View Post
    Eum, no, there is. o_O

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/267-vindic...hfs-files.html

Sticky. o.o Not exactly that title, but it's basically the same steps as you described.
    I know that, but if you read it. It doesn't include the go to options and hit ok.
    That is the part that I had to answer for many questions about why the binds still work.
    If he updates that then I'll request close.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Read all through here and couldn't figure out why my binds stuck even after repatching the .hfs. [The ones I used aliases on didn't respond 'cause there was nothing to reference, but the ones that were direct commands stayed even though they were no longer in the files.]

Thank you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Oh, well I thought that was self explanatory. Since you are binding new keys, pressing options again will execute one of the .cfg presets, which has the command unbindall associated with it.

I don't know, it's just been getting to the point where every tiny detail is explained, and I don't see the point. xD

Y'know, alternatively, why don't you make it so that if you press a key, all the binds appear, and then if you press another key, it unbinds them and replaces them with their original functions? Seems like a better solution to include in your PieBundle instead of having to go through the patch process again. More work for you, I'm sure, but it's a more elegant solution.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Oh, well I thought that was self explanatory. Since you are binding new keys, pressing options again will execute one of the .cfg presets, which has the command unbindall associated with it.

I don't know, it's just been getting to the point where every tiny detail is explained, and I don't see the point. xD

Y'know, alternatively, why don't you make it so that if you press a key, all the binds appear, and then if you press another key, it unbinds them and replaces them with their original functions? Seems like a better solution to include in your PieBundle instead of having to go through the patch process again. More work for you, I'm sure, but it's a more elegant solution.
    Yeah I guess I could. But maybe after Karok update

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

For me:

unbind key
    unbind "key"

never works for me. Am I doing it wrong? Or is it just bad luck on my part lol.

Unbind all - Does work for me though, but then that just requires going to options anyways to restore essential binds like movement.
    PLAYING RIFT!

Thanks
    should have read this before i deleted all the hfs files

Thanks
    xD I am sorry but finding if there is a reversal to a hack FROM the site you got it should be one of the first things you do before deleting a bunch of stuff.