Thanks

What is an HFS hack and How do you use it?

I tried reading the zipflip tutorial but I honestly have no clue of what to do after saving a name on notepad. The quotes confuse me and I have no idea what an HFS is or how to find the files. If anyone can message me or tell me here I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    First off it's not a hack but rather a modification to the file.
    There is a tutorial on what HFS is, but honestly you don't need to know to make mods.
    The hfs files are located in your Vindictus folder labeled "hfs".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePie550 View Post
    First off it's not a hack but rather a modification to the file.
    There is a tutorial on what HFS is, but honestly you don't need to know to make mods.
    The hfs files are located in your Vindictus folder labeled "hfs".
    My Vindictus folder only has folders labeled "screen shot" "report error" and "video capture". Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    That's the wrong place. You are currently looking at the document one.
    Find your Nexon Folder.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluusion View Post
    My Vindictus folder only has folders labeled "screen shot" "report error" and "video capture". Am I looking in the wrong place?
    I found Nexon under the start menu and when I open its folder it only contains the vindictus internet shortcut

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I found Nexon under the start menu and when I open its folder it only contains the vindictus internet shortcut
    No. You have to open up "computer" then "C:" then "Nexon" should be on that section.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePie550 View Post
    No. You have to open up "computer" then "C:" then "Nexon" should be on that section.
    Ohh I see. Sorry for the trouble I dont think hacking/modifying is for me :'D Im 2 dum, but thanks D";

Thanks
    There are a bunch of premade ones you should try using if it's too confusing for you to edit them yourself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I tried reading the zipflip tutorial but I honestly have no clue of what to do after saving a name on notepad. The quotes confuse me and I have no idea what an HFS is or how to find the files. If anyone can message me or tell me here I'd really appreciate it.
    Its simple and easy. I recommend using The Pie Bundle in the hacks section (its stickied so ez to find). Once you download it extract to files anywhere. Bring up that Nexon Folder like pie stated above. Find HFS folder then just drag the hfs you extracted from the pie bundle. This was a pretty sloppy reply but i hope you learned something from it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HaxAttaxxx View Post
    Its simple and easy. I recommend using The Pie Bundle in the hacks section (its stickied so ez to find). Once you download it extract to files anywhere. Bring up that Nexon Folder like pie stated above. Find HFS folder then just drag the hfs you extracted from the pie bundle. This was a pretty sloppy reply but i hope you learned something from it.
    Oh I did not see that thanks o_o But you lost me at "extract to files anywhere". Extract the whole folder?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Extract files one by one. There are a few archives included in one archive so you need to extract twice. And the place it at C:\program files\Nexon\Vindictus\hfs or C:\Nexon\Vindictus\hfs where your game was installed.

NOT at the C:\documents and settings\... !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I just hope with future HS updates ,hfs file mods aren't detected.Like in korea
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    If you need a keybinds done ill do it for ya, just look for my thread in the release section.
    Don't give up on learning how to mod hfs files, it really is an easy process once you do it successfully the first time. here are a few simple steps.
    1) download the tools from this thread and extract to your desktop.
    2) COPY and paste the hfs of your choice from your c/nexon/vindictus/en-us/hfs/ folder to the vzipflip folder.
    3) run "unHFS_All.bat", wait
    4) open the .rar file and edit the files inside using notepad.
    5) click save when done and the winrar will ask if you want to update the archive, click yes.
    6) make sure the rar doesn't have a little "_" at the end of it. If it does, delete the "_".
    7) double click "ReHFS_File.bat" type the name of the rar file (include the extension .rar) and press enter.
    8) Look in your "C:\" folder and see the modified hfs file you made! Again, delete the "_" fro the name.
    9) Open the hfs folder, find the file you first copied, rename the extension to .bkup then copy and past the modified hfs file into the hfs folder and enjoy!

fit that all into less then 10 steps wow. Hope it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXTornadoXx
    You really have a great personality
    I've never met a person like you, who can give me guidance on things and also give me alot of support. I'm glad that I met you, really glad
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Corinthians 13:11
    When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child.
    But, when I became a man, I put childish things away.