Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Just think, we can see Eagle Nebula & the Pillars of Creation today, but today, they do possibly not exist
    Previously Armalite42

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    Just think, we can see Eagle Nebula & the Pillars of Creation today, but today, they do possibly not exist
    That actually brings up an interesting point, that numerical time is only a way for humans to make sense of the universe. When we look at outer parts of the universe, we see into the past since that info took so long to reach us. When we look at the sun we see 8 seconds into the "past".

Since light has a finite speed, we never see what is going on at the exact same point in space-time that we are standing in. Whether it's 2 milliseconds or 2 billion years, we always see the past relative to us.

You could say that the concept of the "present" is an illusion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Slap View Post

That actually brings up an interesting point, that numerical time is only a way for humans to make sense of the universe. When we look at outer parts of the universe, we see into the past since that info took so long to reach us. When we look at the sun we see 8 seconds into the "past".

Since light has a finite speed, we never see what is going on at the exact same point in space-time that we are standing in. Whether it's 2 milliseconds or 2 billion years, we always see the past relative to us.

You could say that the concept of the "present" is an illusion.
    This is the point I was going to make.. In this sense the past/present/future are all the same and existing simultaneously. Which is pretty much what lends to the idea that time travel could actually be possible.
    PLAYING RIFT!

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    If we can conquer FTL travel, the in a sense, time travel is possible.

Logically, the future is written, but not seen. e.g. if you were to argue that it is my decision to fist pump (*fist pumps*) then that was going to happen because of the argument that was brought up, and you only did it to argue against it.

Similar to saying there is a reason for everything.

Time can have other paths, but if they are not taken, they never existed...?
    Previously Armalite42

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Einstein himself said that nothing in the laws of physics prevents time travel. For time travel that will transcend a long period of time over a short duration, this would take massive quantities of energy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Time travel is possible there's worm holes all around us, some through time some through space however there so small that nothing could pass through them other then atoms, this is how time is made. now as for say if we had a machine that would expand a wormhole so that we could go through it the problem with going back in time is that the static radiation would loop back and forth causing the worm hole to become unstable and making it crush on it's self. now time travel into the future might be possible however we would need to posses the technology to grab a wormhole and expand it 1000000000000000000000000000000x it's normal size

Yall need to do your home work when you debate i swear..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aonix View Post
    Time travel is possible there's worm holes all around us, some through time some through space however there so small that nothing could pass through them other then atoms, this is how time is made. now as for say if we had a machine that would expand a wormhole so that we could go through it the problem with going back in time is that the static radiation would loop back and forth causing the worm hole to become unstable and making it crush on it's self. now time travel into the future might be possible however we would need to posses the technology to grab a wormhole and expand it 1000000000000000000000000000000x it's normal size

Yall need to do your home work when you debate i swear..
    Umm since when is it confirmed that wormholes exist indefinitely? We have never observed anything that would be identified as a wormhole. Although the math of General Relativity allows for one, I believe it is more to do with wishful thinking. They serve no purpose. You are merely talking in a theoretical sense. Space and time, according to Einstein, is a single concept, spacetime. We created the concept of time so nothing really makes it...so you were either talking theoretically or you are the one that needs to do your homework.

Regardless, the likeliness of using wormholes is very unlikely due to the massive amounts of energy required for one to even be big enough to fit a pin head. Time travel to the past is not possible. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Einstein2.0; 08-09-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Caltech -Theoretical physics

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Why do you all act like you know what time traveling is. If it was so easy to understand, then i think astrophysicist's and scientists would of done something by now.
    [IMG]https://i813.photobucke*****m/albums/zz59/chrisngo9/tumblr_lrque018xH1qfpm9co1_500.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I really wish time traveling would work. I hope it does work somehow, somewhere.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Yo View Post
    Why do you all act like you know what time traveling is. If it was so easy to understand, then i think astrophysicist's and scientists would of done something by now.
    We are all speaking in a theoretical sense about time travel and the way one might obtain it should we come to a point where our technology enables to do such. It's easy to understand that should you travel near the speed of light, time slows down for you therefore making you experience time dilation and get you to the future much faster then it actually felt like (eg Real = 1 year, Experienced = 1 week) that's time travel through suspended animation. An easy concept to grasp, not easy to do. It is more of a thought experiment. So understanding the different ways one might obtain is easy enough to do, being able to accomplish it is where "Theoretical Physicists" are stuck at (Astro referring to stars and space in general, same physics but applied in a different field although one in that field might still be able to conjure up a workable theory.)
    Caltech -Theoretical physics

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein2.0 View Post
    We are all speaking in a theoretical sense about time travel and the way one might obtain it should we come to a point where our technology enables to do such. It's easy to understand that should you travel near the speed of light, time slows down for you therefore making you experience time dilation and get you to the future much faster then it actually felt like (eg Real = 1 year, Experienced = 1 week) that's time travel through suspended animation. An easy concept to grasp, not easy to do. It is more of a thought experiment. So understanding the different ways one might obtain is easy enough to do, being able to accomplish it is where "Theoretical Physicists" are stuck at (Astro referring to stars and space in general, same physics but applied in a different field although one in that field might still be able to conjure up a workable theory.)
    Thanks for the Science lesson, Einstein.
    [IMG]https://i813.photobucke*****m/albums/zz59/chrisngo9/tumblr_lrque018xH1qfpm9co1_500.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post
    Ever thought that the people who time travel are invisible because they are viewing us from another dimension?
    One way mirror
    They are watching you...
    I should probably cover myself up then

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Yo View Post
    They can understand it, but doing something about it is a completely different story, because currently FTL travel is impossible.
    Previously Armalite42

Thanks
    Well if Time travel did exist It would be hard to get to(you need money) and if you do go to the past and tell your self all this shit you will cause a paradox and mess up The world.

[IMG]https://thetomsk*****m/skarage.png[/IMG]
    I currently don't have xBox live....ill try to renew it...
    If you need help with hacks or what to get started with them and dont know what the F*#k is happening Feel free to send me a message via: PM or VM
    Or message me at Gr1mCrEEpEr@live.com (i might not reply here because i dont check it offten..)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I think time travel is IMPOSSIBLE , THE USA Government would be all over it as they are all over any thing else in the world .
    Just... lol.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast