Thanks

How to purposely disable the Nexon Messenger

Well, I've been doing this for a while now and I figure i oughta go ahead and share it. What is the Nexon Messenger, you may ask? Basically, when you log into Vindictus your not just logging into the game itself, your actually logging into several little applications at once. Nexon's messenger, nexon's friend list manager, the guild manager, etc. All of these have to synch properly for you to fully log in. Why would you want ti disable the Nexon Messenger? Because it handles your friends list, it lets you see your friends online, it lets your friends see you online and it handles those annoying little popups when you start boats or gain a level that has busted so many exploiters. Now, I don't suppose you've logged in before... gotten an authentication or a server error, and immediately retried and it worked, then when you logged into the game it said you weren't logged into the Nexon Messenger or something. If you also noticed, your friends list and guild list appeared empty when this happened. Friends can't tell your online unless they whisper you. Doing this intentionally is actually pretty simple.

tl;dr

Go into your vindictus folder, the path should be something like (directory)/Nexon/Vindictus/en-us. Find an executable called NMservice. Stash it away somewhere else (for when you feel like having "friends". =P) Log into the game as normal. You'll get a bunch of "failed to log in" errors, however you will go into the game. You'll notice you do not have a friends list and you are not in a guild. This is normal. Now you can play without fear of your friends catching you or even knowing your online. (unless you bump into them in world of course.) Not a good idea to try adding people or joining/leaving a guild at this time.

I should include, even though this is fairly obvious, but some people are thick... if you want to log in as normal with your friends list and everything, just move the NMservice back into the en-us folder.
    Last edited by Divinnity; 07-25-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: In case there are some derps abroad...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Divinnity For This Useful Post:

happytreefriends (10-08-2011),HaxAttaxxx (07-25-2011),Rolloz (07-25-2011)

Thanks
    Has been posted several times before <:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicdel View Post
    Has been posted several times before <:
    Eh... I didnt really know how to do it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloz View Post
    Eh... I didnt really know how to do it.
    Meh, the tutorial isnt bad

Thanks
    you could also just rename nmservice til u wanna restart it... i just name it "nmservicees" instead, same effect.

Thanks
    Mhm, that works too. But this is easier for some people, you also don't want someone accidently deleting it or changing the file name extentsion. =P and @Nicdel Didn't see any other tutorials so i thought I'd post, apologies. Still nice to help though. ^^ I'm working on compiling a list of ways to reduce lag and increase framerate as well, which im sure has been posted a hundred times, but meh. New guides are always good. I just have to gather up all the files and crap i use first so i can either attatch them or link to their official sites.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    The only annoying thing is the pesy Unable to Log in thing. Really annoying when it pops up while youa re fighting.

Thanks
    Yeap, but i figure if your using this your cheating anyway, so what does it matter if you get hit a few times because of the popups?
    Besides, it adds a few seconds to your clear time which helps you stay off the highscore lists.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinnity View Post
    Mhm, that works too. But this is easier for some people, you also don't want someone accidently deleting it or changing the file name extentsion. =P and @Nicdel Didn't see any other tutorials so i thought I'd post, apologies. Still nice to help though. ^^ I'm working on compiling a list of ways to reduce lag and increase framerate as well, which im sure has been posted a hundred times, but meh. New guides are always good. I just have to gather up all the files and crap i use first so i can either attatch them or link to their official sites.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/437-vindic...messenger.html

Took me a grand total of 5 second to find.
    PLAYING RIFT!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/437-vindic...messenger.html

Took me a grand total of 5 second to find.
    You forgot, using the search bar requires r9 in that skill.