Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Muslims says that bible is Is Corrupted?

Many great MUSLIM teachers DO NOT believe the Bible has been corrupted and ACCEPT the authenticity of our PRESENT New Testament texts.

Ali al-Tabari (died 855) accepted the Gospel texts
    Amr al-Ghakhiz (869) " " " "
    BUKHARI (810-870) " " " " (he gathered some of the earliest tradition of Islam quoted the Quran itself to support his belief in the text of the Bible Sura 3:72,78)
    Al-Mas’udi (956) " " " "
    Abu Ali Husain Bin Sina (1037)" " "
    AL-GHAZZALI (1111) " " " " (probably the greatest Muslim scholar he lived after Ibn-Khazem but did not accept his teachings)
    Ibn-Khaldun (1406) " " " " " " (he lived after Ibn-Khazem but did not accept his teachings but rather believed the earlier Islamic teachers.)
    Sir Sayyid Ahmad Khan, founder of the Aligarh College "In the opinion of us Mohammedans it is not proved that corruption (tahrif-i-lafzi)...was practiced."
    Fakhruddin Razi, on the authority of Ibn Abbas, a nephew of Muhammed, "The Jews and early Christians were suspected of altering the text of the Taurat and Injil; but in the opinion of eminent doctors and theologians it was not practicable thus to corrupt the text, because those Scriptures were generally known and widely circulated, having been handed down from generation to generation."

i got the source from-Christians Answer Muslims, Gerhard Nehls, 1992 Can We Trust the Bible?, J Wijngaard Quran, A. Yusuf Ali Kitab al-Asnam, Ibn al-Kalbi, 1952 Sahih al Bukhari, 6th ed. 1986 The Islamic Christian Controversy, LCA 1996

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by -ECsTaSY- View Post
    Many great MUSLIM teachers DO NOT believe the Bible has been corrupted and ACCEPT the authenticity of our PRESENT New Testament texts.

Ali al-Tabari (died 855) accepted the Gospel texts
    Amr al-Ghakhiz (869) " " " "
    BUKHARI (810-870) " " " " (he gathered some of the earliest tradition of Islam quoted the Quran itself to support his belief in the text of the Bible Sura 3:72,78)
    Al-Mas’udi (956) " " " "
    Abu Ali Husain Bin Sina (1037)" " "
    AL-GHAZZALI (1111) " " " " (probably the greatest Muslim scholar he lived after Ibn-Khazem but did not accept his teachings)
    Ibn-Khaldun (1406) " " " " " " (he lived after Ibn-Khazem but did not accept his teachings but rather believed the earlier Islamic teachers.)
    Sir Sayyid Ahmad Khan, founder of the Aligarh College "In the opinion of us Mohammedans it is not proved that corruption (tahrif-i-lafzi)...was practiced."
    Fakhruddin Razi, on the authority of Ibn Abbas, a nephew of Muhammed, "The Jews and early Christians were suspected of altering the text of the Taurat and Injil; but in the opinion of eminent doctors and theologians it was not practicable thus to corrupt the text, because those Scriptures were generally known and widely circulated, having been handed down from generation to generation."

i got the source from-Christians Answer Muslims, Gerhard Nehls, 1992 Can We Trust the Bible?, J Wijngaard Quran, A. Yusuf Ali Kitab al-Asnam, Ibn al-Kalbi, 1952 Sahih al Bukhari, 6th ed. 1986 The Islamic Christian Controversy, LCA 1996
    Some things might not be corrupted but in the end, it's still corrupted.
    And where can i get a Bible for god sake? Can i just go to the church as a Muslim and say, can i get a bible? If not, can i buy it?

Which door do i need to enter? The huge big door? It's closed?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by lies' View Post
    And where can i get a Bible for god sake? Can i just go to the church as a Muslim and say, can i get a bible? If not, can i buy it?

You can buy them almost anywhere.......

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Which version?, Bible is modified by lots of people, people change it as they like and mess with gods words
    It takes skill to build an empire. It takes an idiot to maintain it.
    [IMG]https://i1191.photobucke*****m/albums/z466/EvlMaster/audi-r8-v12-tdi-le-mans-concept-4-1.gif[/IMG]

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post
    Which version?, Bible is modified by lots of people, people change it as they like and mess with gods words
    We live in 2012, I doubt any version is exactly the same as the original.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

They say the bible is corrupted because the bible has been changed in order to fit the needs of the people (christians) whereas the Quran had never been changed ever since it was written.Its pretty much as simple as that, Quran - word of God and bible - changed by priests and such to fit the needs of the current christians.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortopedia View Post

They say the bible is corrupted because the bible has been changed in order to fit the needs of the people (christians) whereas the Quran had never been changed ever since it was written.Its pretty much as simple as that, Quran - word of God and bible - changed by priests and such to fit the needs of the current christians.
    The problem with that however, is that we do not know for a fact that the Qur'an hasn't been altered in any way. There's no proof it hasn't, considering the texts aren't nearly as old as the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Islamic religion is based around what one man was told to him by god, whereas the bible has so many different parts (when I say bible I do not mean the translated/updated version, going back to the original Arabic texts) written in so many different Era's by different people, making a complete story. A muslims number one defense used every time they are called out on the Qur'an is "it was never modified", making me believe it's just a scapegoat at this point

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortopedia View Post

Because Quran is the words of the god, and god made it fits every time and every generation,
    You say that bible was modifided by priests to fit the time they live in?, this mean that god don't know what will happen in the future and need help from priests, this mean that the god is weak?, Quran is the only book that contain everything for every generation
    It takes skill to build an empire. It takes an idiot to maintain it.
    [IMG]https://i1191.photobucke*****m/albums/z466/EvlMaster/audi-r8-v12-tdi-le-mans-concept-4-1.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

You see this is what people kind of forget.

There is still the bible in old text, in old language. But to "keep with the times"(since no one speaks old english anymore) it has been translated.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Its very painful to read the entire old english bible, as much of the wording is not used too often in modern society. Replacing Thy neighbor with your neighbor isn't too much but it goes a long way in the end.

Thanks

You see this is what people kind of forget.

There is still the bible in old text, in old language. But to "keep with the times"(since no one speaks old english anymore) it has been translated.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Its very painful to read the entire old english bible, as much of the wording is not used too often in modern society. Replacing Thy neighbor with your neighbor isn't too much but it goes a long way in the end.
    There's a difference between different translations and different versions. I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by lies' View Post

That made my day. too funny, you have to be kidding when you say bibles are only at churches... just saw one for sale at target, buy 2 get 1 free
    [IMG]https://i565.photobucke*****m/albums/ss95/raphaterz/268713_251040024922933_251038344923101_1074261_315 5911_n.jpg[/IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/dirtynig

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Nah I Would Rather Read Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    This is a riveting tale chap..but explain this to me.

Why does it state in multiple passages in the Quran that it was in fact corrupted?

No just estimate of Allah do they make when they say: "Nothing doth Allah send down to man (by way of revelation)" Say: "Who then sent down the Book which Moses brought?- a light and guidance to man: But ye make it into (separate) sheets for show, while ye conceal much (of its contents): therein were ye taught that which ye knew not- neither ye nor your fathers." Say: "Allah (sent it down)": Then leave them to plunge in vain discourse and trifling. (Quran 6:91)

But because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard; they change the words from their (right) places and forget a good part of the message that was sent them, nor wilt thou cease to find them- barring a few - ever bent on (new) deceits: but forgive them, and overlook (their misdeeds): for Allah loveth those who are kind. From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done. (Quran 5:13-14)

Last edited by Ethereal; 10-18-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    It is corrupted. I doubt that you can find a real Bible today.

Thanks
    Nah i dont really care how it is

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast