Thread: AMERICA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Way to try to discredit us when on the same source you provided your country ranks #27
    I don't quite recall ever mentioning Slovenia being the best or something nor did I ever even promote it as an exemplary country.

"Entertainment-The action of providing or being provided with amusement or enjoyment."

Goodfellas, The godfather, Forrest Gump. All great movies I don't know what more to say.
    If movie production becomes the parameter for judging a country's entertainment, then I might as well give up.

Global Firepower - 2011 World Military Strength Ranking
    6 out of the top ten are pro-U.S, Who is this 3rd Asian superpower? If you say NK I will face palm.
    I never took alliances into account, I was just stating that the USA's military domination isn't as great as one might think. It's not what it was after WWII.

Most European country's were under a dictatorship at one point or another America has always been free.
    Granted, the US did practically start democracy. But if history is to become a way of judging countries, we might as well start hating on everyone.

What do you mean "religious bashing" all the religious people in my town are friendly. We got a Christian church down the street from me. A few Muslims here. And hell we even got a Jew or two. We all live in peace.
    Do you have any clue to what extent religion is incorporated in the USA's educational system, politics, etc.?

We can support a larger population BUT if they all rush in at the same time we can't keep up with housing and food. Look at the immigration wave in the 20's here in America. Too many immigrants came in a small amount of time and a lot were left homeless and starving because we simply couldn't produce enough food, and build enough houses.

What you were saying certainly seemed like bitching to me.
    I might just as well leave the debate section until the summer's over or until people start realizing that providing contrasting arguments isn't bitching.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    I don't quite recall ever mentioning Slovenia being the best or something nor did I ever even promote it as an exemplary country.

If movie production becomes the parameter for judging a country's entertainment, then I might as well give up.

I never took alliances into account, I was just stating that the USA's military domination isn't as great as one might think. It's not what it was after WWII.

Granted, the US did practically start democracy. But if history is to become a way of judging countries, we might as well start hating on everyone.

Do you have any clue to what extent religion is incorporated in the USA's educational system, politics, etc.?

I might just as well leave the debate section until the summer's over or until people start realizing that providing contrasting arguments isn't bitching.
    Neither did I, but you made it look as if we had a bad quality of life.

How do you judge entertainment then?

We are still #1

Not much, when we learned about religion in high school we studied how they were made, what they did, where they are today. That's it, there is no "religious bashing"

There's a difference between "contrasting arguments" and bashing, you were bashing us.
    Last edited by nevs666; 08-07-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Define "entertainment" and do provide at least some links to back that up, I sincerely doubt that's true
    A simple alliance of three Asian superpowers > American military
    If by freedom you mean religion bashing everything about - sure. More often than not European countries end up being on top of indexes relating to freedom or overall wellbeing.

And no, standards of living can be just as high in countries with larger populations provided that the country is able to support the larger population in the same manner as is the smaller one supported.

And I'm not bitching about America, I'm more than happy to admit that it's most definitely one of the best countries to live in, most likely the most influential & powerful one in the "western world" and most certainly the one I would love to end up in. I just don't really like the clearly fucked up & trigger-happy yahoo view RJ was presenting.
    Entertainment?

Music, Video games, movies, etc. etc.

No denying that America's entertainment industry is #1 in sales and such. But quality is always opinionated. I prefer japanese anime to american tv, but thats just me.

Freedom i'd say is better in America because of opportunities and less governmental interference vs. Europe. However in Asia you can start up a country a lot easier, but the censorpship of random content is outrageous.

Freedom is really specific for which, as restrictions/regulations are neccesary but sometimes overdone.

America's military is probably #1 by its own, although with the addition of such massive scale weapons / no new massive war upon which developement rapidly occurs, it can only be said that as first strike, America is probably #1.

Economy........somehow America defies logic with debt.

I wouldn't say America is #1, I wouldn't say any country is, but its deffinitely at the top.
    Last edited by Empire; 08-08-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Entertainment?

Music, Video games, movies, etc. etc.

No denying that America's entertainment industry is #1 in sales and such. But quality is always opinionated. I prefer japanese anime to american tv, but thats just me.
    No denying that, but production/sales can't be objectively considered a measure of a country's entertainment.

Freedom i'd say is better in America because of opportunities and less governmental interference vs. Europe. However in Asia you can start up a country a lot easier, but the censorpship of random content is outrageous.

Freedom is really specific for which, as restrictions/regulations are neccesary but sometimes overdone.
    Whilst America may be one of the countries that can be considered to have great civil rights and all, its economical & political scene don't quite reflect the freedom several other countries have. Not to mention that it still doesn't have the same degree of media freedom as several other countries (a few European ones included).

Also note that you can't compare the US to EU or Europe, we aren't united in the same manner nor do we even have the same laws. There may be some guidelines, set rules etc. but for the most part each country follows its own system leading to a plethora of different laws affecting freedom. Overall though, I believe that there aren't that few indexes with at least a few European countries rival the US levels of different "freedoms", quite a few times also surpassing them. Not saying the US isn't somewhere on top though, ofc it is.

America's military is probably #1 by its own, although with the addition of such massive scale weapons / no new massive war upon which developement rapidly occurs, it can only be said that as first strike, America is probably #1.
    I completely agree with that...

Economy........somehow America defies logic with debt.

I wouldn't say America is #1, I wouldn't say any country is, but its deffinitely at the top.
    ...and with that. Though it's on at the top by itself, as many indexes would suggest

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    @Registration there isn't very many, "raised to hate," nationalities in america. The closest thing is raised to hate illegal aliens imo. I mean there are issues we are very divided on, but we actually love Russian accents (or at least the people around me do) xD. I read your post in a Russian accent lolz. One of the things that is most unethical/horrible/if there is a hell I hope you go there, thing to imo is raise brainwash children to have convictions based on stereotypes which only flourish do the to the general stupidity of humanity as a whole. At least that's one thing you and I have in common. Have the consolation of knowing the people you're around are just as stupid as the people I'm around and obviously you shouldn't let them influence your judgment. .
    Last edited by tdct; 08-07-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Registration View Post
    Even at school we were taught to hate the U.S. (as well as you were taught to hate us)
    The Soviet Union collapsed but the hatred remained
    Not unique to you
    We have been taught to hate the American way of life
    Now I hate
    1) The administration of U.S. President
    2) American Flag
    3) U.S. Army
    4) CIA
    5) $ U.S. (a few years ago gave up the personal use of the currency)
    6) People who eat excessively and weigh a lot like a tractor))
    7) Democracy
    8) McDonald's (several times trying different stuff and do not understand how you can have - it's not real food), fried paper aramatizatorami)))
    9) U.S. Foreign Policy
    10) I hate the idiots who write to me in response (Write correctly) I'm tired to repeat that I use Google =)

But do not you get upset))))
    Personally, people (the people of America) I have to you do not have any hatred (because sometimes there a website ,,,,, bully for fun) =)
    Do you have a good thing)))
    1) American shoes (bought from us is very difficult - but very high quality shoes and comfortable - but terribly expensive)
    2) Music (I listen to songs with beautiful music) Good suzyki you do not have much - but it is
    3) Movies I love movies where )))))))))))))))))) U.S. president to save the planet and head to passers meteorites fall ,,,,, and an old movie (not threatened the southern center - Drinking Your Juice in their own quarter) )))))))))))) Just the sight of these two black guys laugh )))))))
    4) American cars 1980 production (like this technique)
    5) Friends on the Internet (especially on YouTube) It is often possible to meet outgoing Americans (the same age 25-35 years) with whom you can talk
    Why is this so? I hate the U.S., but I like you (the people with whom I communicate) =)

Additional Details

I also have friends in the network of Iran in Afghanistan Germany Brazil iPochti all countries of the former USSR))))

Ace Rimmer Bad idea))) I'm afraid I can not find a job and you will be on a more gangster)))
    I am 33 I am an old =)

Sons Of Plunder
    Parentheses separate proposals
    Without them, Google makes a lot of mistakes and the translation makes no sense =)
    Put the bracket - it's faster than a dot or a comma
    Difficult for us to switch (you forgot we have a keyboard with two languages ​​English
    Never through out my schooling have I ever been taught to hate another country or culture. I don't know what they teach in your schools, but if they are teaching children to hate America for no reason then your education system needs to be overhauled.

Half the reasons you listed are complete bs. The "American flag"? "Democracy"? Are you serious?

In short this thread is a fail.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    I hope a Koala gives you chlamydia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123