Thread: CA review

Thanks

CA review

GamerZines: The free-to-play market has changed massively since Combat Arms was launched in 2008. How is the game coping with the competitive shift?
    Andrew Lee, leader of the Combat Arms team: There were tremendous changes to the free-to-play market but there are no major changes in the perspective of the development team, who put effort to continuously provide our users with fun and exciting contents. The development team deeply thinks to make contents that our users would enjoy with consistency.
    GZ: Do you think players expect more from a free experience than they used to?
    AL: The users, first, think of the enjoyable experience before selecting a game. Then, they consider whether it is free or charged. Despite the expensive price that is required for a certain game, a user will select the game due to the thoughts of being satisfied with the game. The users expect content that could give them both satisfaction and entertainment.
    GZ: How does the new daily job system ensure players keep coming back?
    AL: The daily job system is a content designed to ensure users to play with a purpose and to enjoy by receiving rewards. If yesterday's Combat Arms was fun, then would not today's Combat Arms be equally enjoyable as well?
    GZ: What measures are NEXON Europe adopting to ensure the shop prices for items aren't judged unacceptable by players? What sort of items can be bought in the store?
    AL: The store has diverse items from guns to characters, gears, and so on. The price of each item is decided by the level that is appropriate to the local version.
    GZ: How does the European version of Combat Arms differ from North America's?
    AL: They are slightly different due to the cultural difference. The names of the items may be slightly different, and specialized items are included according to the version.
    GZ: There are already a plethora of game-types in Combat Arms, but are there any new offerings in the pipeline?
    AL: Of Course. A new mode called Hired Guns has been added this month. We have put our best efforts to create Hired Guns, which is different from the previous modes, for our users to enjoy. I hope our users find it enjoyable.
    GZ: The FPS market is dominated by technological advances such as Battlefield's destructible environments or Call of Duty's emulation of a cinematic experience. How do you ensure that Combat Arms remains relevant as these advancements continue to progress?
    AL: Introducing new technology is important, but I think the fun factor of the game is equally important. For example, new games applied such technologies to maximize the fun and entertainment, but I do not think technology always came first. Likewise, Combat Arms will add necessary technologies by including new fun factors and improvements of previous contents that fit the needs of our users.
    GZ: How do you decide which real-world weapons make it into the game and which ones don't?
    AL: We add real-world weapons and maps as a priority that our users might enjoy in various levels. Since providing various weapons is a characteristic of Combat Arms, we are putting our efforts into adding diverse weapons into the game.
    GZ: What's the next big 'thing' for Combat Arms?
    AL: Fire team mode and differentiated fire team mode will be released, as well as maps used for tournaments. In order for our users to have an enjoyable playing environment, the development team is putting their efforts in preparing the major updates. Look out for various contents through the monthly updates as well.
    GZ: Thanks for your time!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Nice C+P bro.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    TL;DR
    gogogogoggo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    More fireteam, awesome. And turnement based maps sounds good to me. If only they would make destructable enviroment.
    Last edited by spidermanftw; 08-07-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    Im your firendly neighborhood spiderman!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spidermanftw View Post
    More fireteam, awesome. And turnement based maps sounds good to me. If only they would make destructable enviroment.
    Or at least some destructible walls. That would be enough to satisfy me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Mind spreading out the lines out..?
    But, pretty boring either way
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    nice lines

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToLove View Post
    Or at least some destructible walls. That would be enough to satisfy me.
    walls not really, shoulder peekable stuff yes. I just want to blow up that box by the box in oil rig (not the coke machine one, the one that nexowns you sometimes)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spidermanftw View Post
    walls not really, shoulder peekable stuff yes. I just want to blow up that box by the box in oil rig (not the coke machine one, the one that nexowns you sometimes)
    or the ones in death room. just blow them up with nades so people wont crouch behind it. but id still like a few destructible walls.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToLove View Post
    or the ones in death room. just blow them up with nades so people wont crouch behind it. but id still like a few destructible walls.
    yeah, I know what you mean. It is fun to blow up a wall with rocket launcher to kill someone in bfbc2.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    tl;dr
    At least c+p something shorter

Donator Since: 12/08/2011
    Minion Since: 04/10/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    I'd love destructable stuff like on ps Red Faction!!!