Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    well there's also the ideas of non-subscription 1 time buy (guild wars) but the idea @xiacross had for number 3 is right on the money the games whole method is to give you an enjoyable game, hope you get addicted to it, and spend all your cash on it so that you can say you spent money on a game to seem better than everyone else
    personally the fact that we exist at all (this is a hacking forum do we really have the right to judge?) shows that the game has terrible maintenance, the fact that an entirely organized hacking group can exist and rebel against the games groups WITHOUT getting caught just shows that they have little idea what to do about it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    nobody replies to my long ass post
    *ignored

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed☠☣ View Post
    No nx doesn't op vindictus much they have re spawn but we dont
    dude what the hell are you talking about seriously.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleuserconten*****m/-2mhYwvrrFYs/TYWT-Bg-6PI/AAAAAAAAARM/khuTJxUqQu0/s320/tumblr_ku2f2t1Y9p1qaqo0wo1_400.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xiacross View Post
    I am inspiring to be a game designer and want to start my own game company someday. So I am actually learning alot playing different mmos from different companys.

From my observations I find:
    1. Most game companies (free to plays I mean not Blizzard) strives on micro transactions. Its free to play, they gotta make their money somehow. What do you think goes into the budget of developing vindictus, mabinogi, maplestory and all the other games they make.

2. Nexon is usually "good" at making the games themselves. I mean in terms of graphics and combat feel, vindictus is one of the best free to plays I seen as of yet. Also maplestory was one of the first MMORPGS that got big, mabinogi fantasy life has very unique game play at its time.

3. Where they LACK is MAINTAINENCE, security, and customer support. Because simply its cost efficient. Why spend millions of dollars maintaining a game already finished, when you can spend that money going to make a NEW launch where all the playesr will go wow I want to play, and than play it, and pay for all the NX shit they they offer, than complain in a few weeks time of the game launch when hackers hacked into it and nexon turns their heads.

Honestly free to play = little to no maintainence cuz its cost efficient. Subscription games actually make enough money from subscription to cover costs of maintainence (and they will need to or else people will STOP subscribing) and also budget for a new release.

Vindictus is only good because Nexon is using the source engine, which is VERY easy to work with. Everything was done for them, they just needed to change the gameplay and graphics, as well as add a few models and textures.

MapleStory was good because it was a fairly new design for a mmorpg side-scroller. Without the fanbase from that one game, none of the other games would be here now from Nexon, nor be as popular.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    I didn't read all the post, but really? A discussion of Nexon's reputation on a hacking forum?

The only possible way for Nexon NA to get decent reputation is to patch all the current commands and mercilessly permanently ban every single hacker and botter.

I hack a lot for my own convenience, but I will still admit that we are contributing to the game's downfall at the end of the day.
    Yes I eat your brain.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Closing, this was rather off-topic from the beginning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12