Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Exclamation Anyone do any Packet Editing here?

I looked at the TCP traffic from my network and the crossfire servers and collected a great deal of Packet Hex/Memory Dumps.

Most of them include useless information like peoples user names:
    Here is a TCP Stream Example in ASCII:
    combat!........................................... ...........................................R...... .....................#..............:GeNeRaLs:.... .................................................. .".0.th3_solider...........Prepare for combat!........................................... ...........................................R...... ...............d.....A............................ .................................................. .....hitman_shaw...........Think you stand a chance?........................................... ..................................t..Q............ .....W.rl.S.xy.................................... ....................&..c.[WK]*FreeDDy....................t..Q.................[R]eCoNeCT........................................... ............)....johnnyrock19....................t ..Q............................................... ........................................Estufah... .........................R........................ .................[L]atino$............................................ .................juandapos.............This means war!...................................

Couldn't I just capture GP/ZP packet data, modify the information, and send the modified GP/ZP packet back to the crossfire server?

This would allow me to get unlimited amounts of GP/ZP and also give me access to the games other on-server data as well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    It's like 100% sure that GP and ZP is server side.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    well isnt that illegal ?
    Joined MPGH: 07/08/09

i used to tell arrow to the knee jokes then i died due to blood loss from takeing tomany arrows to the knee at once
    A network problem caused by you? What did you do? Trip over the cable?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ugotmad? View Post
    It's like 100% sure that GP and ZP is server side.
    2 Things:

1. This is a website about hacking things. Your going to find things that are considered legal and things that aren't.

2. Everyone already knows GP/ZP is sever sided. However, when you are given GP (Ex: from completing a match) the server sends out commands/info in the form of packets in order to allocate your given amount of GP. Capturing these packets, modifying them, and sending them back could provide you with anything you want (a trillion GP?).

I already have IP anoutomizers, clouds, VPN's, and proxies set up. Or I could go to a publicly available computer and do it there. But at this point I'm not worried about being caught. lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by domer View Post
    2. Everyone already knows GP/ZP is sever sided. However, when you are given GP (Ex: from completing a match) the server sends out commands/info in the form of packets in order to allocate your given amount of GP. Capturing these packets, modifying them, and sending them back could provide you with anything you want (a trillion GP?).
    sorry, no

i've done extensive packet editing with cf though

but gp/zp stuff isn't going to happen

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    If you have supposedly done "extensive packet editing" why don't you tell me here or PM me on what kind of Encryption the packet utilized?

Because, you would know that packets sent to and from the Crossfire Servers are under a special type of packet encryption. Right? O_O

Estimated 87.9% chance you have no clue what your even talking about.
    Last edited by domer; 09-20-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by domer View Post
    If you have supposedly done "extensive packet editing" why don't you tell me here or PM me on what kind of Encryption the packet utilized?

Because, you would know that packets sent to and from the Crossfire Servers are under a special type of packet encryption. Right? O_O

Estimated 87.9% chance you have no clue what your even talking about.
    Encrypted? They're all plaintext bro (with one or two exceptions). The HGWC and XTrap stuff is all encrypted/obfuscated, but I have no interest in that and have not done any real analysis on it.

And I do know what I'm talking about -- I've written a proxy for CF that sits in between the client and server and gives me lots of new features the game ought to have... about 3.5k lines of code so far.

I also have extensive documentation on loads of the packets. Here are sample screenshots of just one of the various areas I've worked on. I've blocked out parts but I may release the full docs at some point, who knows

Some packet-based stuff I've made for the lulz:
    OfflineFire - Local server for Cross Fire - YouTube
    [CF] i like friends - YouTube
    Last edited by chesterccc; 09-20-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thumbs up

Yes! I fooled you into releasing some actual information! Maybe I already knew who you were before I posted lol

I've only recently began analyzing some of your youtube videos but I hate dealing with network/server based programming.

I've developed a couple of V.I.P hacks and a bypass that will never be able to be patched. But your work seems far more impressive in the fields of network/server communication.

Unfortunately, the really good information is usually hidden in packets and can't be accessed (like a .dll file can) so I started Packet Editing. I'm surprised there isn't any Encryption on the main line packets. Many online games have begun to encrypt most of there packets coming in and out.

Maybe we could share some in-depth information in the future. Sometimes you gotta watch-out cause Z8/G4 box people are watching this website like a hawk.

Thanks
    Yeah, I did find it a bit surprising that 99% of the netcode is unencrypted. They did end up sticking some weird encryption on outgoing chat messages, which is a bit of a bummer as I'm crap at breaking encryption

Don't really care if Z8 closes my account either; I don't buy ZP or anything so really I have nothing to lose account-wise. I would hope that they would realize that a lot of the work I did was actually done to keep cheaters out of my rooms

In a game like CF I work at a network level because of all the silly (useless) protection they slap on the game to try and stop people from making cheats. In most other games (which don't have these ridiculous borderline rootkit so-called "anticheats") I do get a bit dirty with assembly, but it's just too much of a pain in the ass in CF

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    lol . I was sure the packets were encrypted and attempted to do a test on it. So I put a filter on and only looked for my Out-Going Chat Messages in the CF chatbox.

It looked as though there was some kind of Encryption/Obfuscation on it. I just made the mistake of assuming it was on everything

There is, however, some kind of server security program that I found. Lemme PM you about it.