Thread: Offsets

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Question Offsets

Can someone post ProcessEventOffset,ObjectsOffset,NamesOffset?
    Or tell me how to find them
    Last edited by Margherita; 09-25-2011 at 04:07 PM.
    https://facebook.com/******
    https://niteg*****m/

[img]https://niteg*****m/rafw1.jpg[/img]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    what's an offset?

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Typically there are two approaches to such tasks. For simplicity, let us consider a game with an integer amount of "health" for the player.

The first is to manipulate the process memory while the program is running. This is good for finding known values. When you have 100 health in a game, search the memory space for 100 (most likely as an integer) and record every location it is found. Then when your health changes to 99, cross-search those same locations to see which have changed appropriately. Continue until you have narrowed down the precise location(s) of the health variable. In most modern games what you will actually find is a dynamically allocated memory address that is part of a struct. That struct will be referenced by a pointer within the program, you then have to search within the program memory for values that may be a pointer to the space near the health variable, and repeat the narrowing-down process over multiple game runs to establish the position of the pointer to the data that you want. This is the method most useful for classic PC and console games, particularly any game where the memory space is small and easy to manipulate.

The second method requires you to disassemble the application binary (I use IDA Pro for this), then locate functions that are known to use the data that you want. For example, say you see "Health: 99" on the screen. Search the binary for the "Health: " string, then find references to that string (you will likely find a call to sprintf or similar) and see what other memory locations those same functions reference, this will usually lead you to the "health" variable or the struct containing it. This is the method most common in more modern games, with massive memory spaces and more advanced programming practices.

Source:
    reverse engineering - Finding and using memory offsets in an existing program? - Stack Overflow

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    /Solved ^
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA