The way you play it which is what this is about your reasons are good. However I differ to you. I find that MW2 is that balanced. Sure most guns have up and downs but some have more or less than others.
For example there is the obvious one of the UMP45 with silencer. Low recoil. High Damage. Good clip. Good portability. Good reload.

In Black ops I play Hardcore most of the time with my friends now so Ghost isn't too much of a problem. For Perk 1 I use Flack Jacket 90% of the time. Because I play search and destroy lot you can stand on claymores without dying and because it's hardcore you don't have to worry about spy planes. However I do normally use the spyplane killstreak but I never fully rely on it due to the amount of people using ghost.
In my opinion Black ops is more balanced that MW2. It's about finding the weaknesses of what you're up against. The only real weakness to noob tubes in MW2 is close range with a shotgun or a really small gap to see out of with a sniper. The UMP in good hands is unbeatable long or short range.

I do find that getting killstreaks in MW2 was more rewarding. Although I have been shot down more times in black ops than MW2 (Ratio not actually)

I Love the MW2 Campaign and The Multiplayer I could play for ages but just recently It has gotten too boring for me