Thanks

Learning C++ and Java Programming

I'm starting to go through some Java tutorials to write code for other things. I was going to learn Java, and after I got a solid idea of the Java language, learn C++ to avoid confusion and allow for better understanding of the C++ language.

My question is, will learning Java help me understand C++ any better? If not, then I'll just study them both at the same time.

By the way, I have almost no coding experience at all, other than a decent background with BBcode and HTML.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I learned java before C++ myself. Java will help you with some minor concepts and basic C-style syntax. The main thing with C++ is you will have to do memory management, you have pointers, structs, graphics, etc, and you will need to understand how compilers work. Unlike Java's compile once, run anywhere scheme, C++ needs to be built for a particular platform (Operating System). I would highly recommend checking out thenewboston on youtube for basic java and C++ tutorials.

Thank you for wanting to learn instead of just C&P code off of others like 90% of people who visit these forums. It will be a difficult road, but well worth it! C++ is a lot of fun once you break the "I can't" barrier.
    Last edited by mountainjew; 10-18-2011 at 07:38 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountainjew For This Useful Post:

KawaiiSlut (10-18-2011),MyLazySundays (10-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    its really not complicated to code java or c++ although i think starting off with java is easier as i did myself java you just have to try and practice and you will get good at it if you are dedicated

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ************* View Post
    I'm starting to go through some Java tutorials to write code for other things. I was going to learn Java, and after I got a solid idea of the Java language, learn C++ to avoid confusion and allow for better understanding of the C++ language.

My question is, will learning Java help me understand C++ any better? If not, then I'll just study them both at the same time.

By the way, I have almost no coding experience at all, other than a decent background with BBcode and HTML.
    I would recommend learning Java first. It is a great learning tool to force you to understand Object Oriented programming (You HAVE to use it in Java ). This will help you learn C++, as it is basically C + OOP. I find C++ to be the better language overall, though. A wise man once said, "Saying that Java is good because it works on all platforms is like saying anal sex is good because it works on all genders." (You can probably tell that I am not a huge fan of Java)