Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post
    You're so autistic. Adult=grown man who's been through childhood, which shapes your adulthood. Child=young person who's learning how to live. If you don't reinforce positivity and push away negativity at all costs, you're fucking up their adulthood. You're not scaring anything. You use a belt. On their ass. You don't beat them with all of your might you fucking retard. Scars is abuse. I learned this shit in elementary school.
    Fixed that analogy up a bit after you quoted me. There's other ways to teach your kids. And where the fuck do you even begin to think that hitting your children "reinforces positivity"?

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/dis...hit-your-child
    Read up, get educated.
    Last edited by Blitz; 11-05-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Fixed that analogy up a bit after you quoted me. There's other ways to teach your kids. And where the fuck do you even begin to think that hitting your children "reinforces positivity"?

10 Reasons Not to Hit Your Child | Ask Dr. Sears®
    Read up, get educated.
    Dun feel like viewing your obvious mistakes.

There's obviously other ways to teach them, but seeing how most of these white kids are nowadays, they should've gotten a belt. They wouldn't have done half the shit they're doing now if they had gotten their ass whipped.

Getting a belt to the ass shows authority. Lack of authority = anarchy = doing whatever the fuck you want to do. You do what you're told to do. You're told to do the right thing, but if your parents have no authority over you, you just shrug it off and continue fucking up.

I never said it specifically reinforces positivity, it more so pushes the negativity out. When you fuck up bad, you get the belt.

I don't understand how this makes no sense to you.

Thanks
    Dun feel like viewing your obvious mistakes.

There's obviously other ways to teach them, but seeing how most of these white kids are nowadays, they should've gotten a belt. They wouldn't have done half the shit they're doing now if they had gotten their ass whipped.

Getting a belt to the ass shows authority. Lack of authority = anarchy = doing whatever the fuck you want to do. You do what you're told to do. You're told to do the right thing, but if your parents have no authority over you, you just shrug it off and continue fucking up.

I never said it specifically reinforces positivity, it more so pushes the negativity out. When you fuck up bad, you get the belt.

I don't understand how this makes no sense to you.
    It makes perfect sense, you were treated this way as a child so you believe that it's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by J William
    They wouldn't have done half the shit they're doing now if they had gotten their ass whipped.
    That link I gave you is based on actual studies, you have your information backwards.

In a prospective study spanning nineteen years, researchers found that children who were raised in homes with a lot of corporal punishment, turned out to be more antisocial and egocentric, and that physical violence became the accepted norm for these children when they became teenagers and adults.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    It makes perfect sense, you were treated this way as a child so you believe that it's normal.

That link I gave you is based on actual studies, you have your information backwards.
    And you were treated like a pussy would.

Hitting promotes hitting... well fights are normal among all children to adults. I don't understand why this would be particularly negative.

Hitting doesn't devalue the child. What's said afterward devalues the child. Hitting is the repercussions for bad behavior

Hitting doesn't devalue the parent at all. It makes them recognized. Derp.

Hitting may lead to abuse. That's where bad parenting comes into play. Being a role model on moderation and knowing the limits. Also, keyword, may. It's not a definite, so it's not a valid point.

Hitting DEFINITELY improves behavior. It teaches them not to do that thing they were punished for again. That's the point.

Who gives a fuck about biblicality.

Hitting promotes anger? Really? In parents- They're mad as fuck already, there's not really much rage that can be added. In children- No shit. Your ass shouldn't have been doing whatever you did anyway, you knew the consequences. You wanted to be brave and do it anyway.

Hitting brings back bad memories? Uh, failing school because you were never disciplined to do good brings bad memories. The only bad memories you get is those of what you did wrong. Thinking "Fuck, I shouldn't have done that..." is all you get.

Spanking does work, dumbass. I would be hanging with a different crowd smoking weed right now if it didn't.

Seeing how they can't count to 10 kinda makes me doubt everything they have to offer.

Not all children need to be spanked. Some understand what they did wrong and express themselves accordingly, but most kids are stubborn and need thorough reinforcement to follow through with what they know is right.

You shouldn't pass judgement on something you don't understand. I understand both sides. I used to be spanked. Grade A student in all. Now I slack like fuck because my parents are more laxed, like the white kids.

Bed time for me, because I was raised to not stay up late as fuck and wake up at 5pm. I'll check back in the AM.

Thanks
    And you were treated like a pussy would.
    My father hit me once... ONCE.

Hitting promotes hitting... well fights are normal among all children to adults. I don't understand why this would be particularly negative.
    Physical violence in General is totally barbaric, at least one of the parties involved would have to be incredibly immature for a fight to be initiated.

Hitting doesn't devalue the child. What's said afterward devalues the child. Hitting is the repercussions for bad behavior
    That's just false and is proven so in the argument that you are responding to.

Hitting doesn't devalue the parent at all. It makes them recognized. Derp.
    Once again, your response to an argument backed with tons of evidence is "HURR NO IT DOESNT"

Hitting may lead to abuse. That's where bad parenting comes into play. Being a role model on moderation and knowing the limits. Also, keyword, may. It's not a definite, so it's not a valid point.
    That is the worst logic I've ever heard. Shooting someone may kill them, "herp derp keyword may it won't definitely kill them so it's not a valid point! daslfjhskdhfskhfdjh"

Hitting DEFINITELY improves behavior. It teaches them not to do that thing they were punished for again. That's the point.
    It can just as easily cause misbehavior.

Who gives a fuck about biblicality.
    It is an excuse used by some who condone this type of punishment, however it is a complete misinterpretation.

Hitting promotes anger? Really? In parents- They're mad as fuck already, there's not really much rage that can be added. In children- No shit. Your ass shouldn't have been doing whatever you did anyway, you knew the consequences. You wanted to be brave and do it anyway.
    If you get that worked up over a child making a simple mistake then you do not deserve to have kids. You have anger management issues and if that reflects on your children you should be locked up.

Hitting brings back bad memories? Uh, failing school because you were never disciplined to do good brings bad memories. The only bad memories you get is those of what you did wrong. Thinking "Fuck, I shouldn't have done that..." is all you get.
    The argument you are replying to held completely valid points. Memories of being abused very well could tarnish what would have otherwise seemed a very pleasant childhood.

Spanking does work, dumbass. I would be hanging with a different crowd smoking weed right now if it didn't.
    While there are studies that disprove the effectiveness of spanking, even if it does work it could have been substituted with a less violent and potentially more effective method of raising you.

Seeing how they can't count to 10 kinda makes me doubt everything they have to offer.
    "ABUSIVE HITTING HAS BAD LONG-TERM EFFECTS " was the ninth point, it just wasn't numbered.

Not all children need to be spanked. Some understand what they did wrong and express themselves accordingly, but most kids are stubborn and need thorough reinforcement to follow through with what they know is right.
    Once again, there are several more effective ways to do this.

You shouldn't pass judgement on something you don't understand. I understand both sides. I used to be spanked. Grade A student in all. Now I slack like fuck because my parents are more laxed, like the white kids.
    I've experienced both of these roles in my life, I've also experienced a role that you haven't. I've been self raised and self taught for a large majority of my life.

Bed time for me, because I was raised to not stay up late as fuck and wake up at 5pm. I'll check back in the AM.
    Actually, I wake up more at 7-8pmish now. See you within the next 24 hours!
    Replies are in green.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Replies are in green.
    Didn't even see a reply that even made me think he was wrong

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    She was pirating games, I would have beat her too.
    Shut the fuck up. I am a fucking sociopath because of this kind of shit. This isn't discipline, it is abuse, plain and simple. She deserved to get beaten in such a manor for downloading games?

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

Shut the fuck up. I am a fucking sociopath because of this kind of shit. This isn't discipline, it is abuse, plain and simple. She deserved to get beaten in such a manor for downloading games?
    She wasn't just 'downloading games'
    She was stealing them

Threadstarter
    I need about tree fiddy
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    What the fuck? I posted the video but got a request timeout error because MPGH was being laggy. Does this thread not have an original post?
    hijaked yo thread like a bawss.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    I don't see why it's such a big deal, whether she has cerebral palsy or not. Its not abuse, its discipline.
    That's the truth right there.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Love View Post

Didn't even see a reply that even made me think he was wrong

^

I don't see anything factual in your responses, so it's opinion based.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    It's abuse

Thanks

She was stealing them
    I know for a fact that you all pirate content off of the internet. Don't come on here talking about how it's stealing and it's immoral, then say children should be beaten for it. Fucking hypocrites.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

She was stealing them
    And thus deserved to be brutally beaten. There are other ways to discipline a child.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    I know for a fact that you all pirate content off of the internet. Don't come on here talking about how it's stealing and it's immoral, then say children should be beaten for it. Fucking hypocrites.
    Never said i don't download stuff off the internet
    What you're saying there is that I said that I don't steal

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast