Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Does the Wii run on Linux?

Blogger Kiyoshi Saruwatari claims that Nintendo's upcoming Wii console runs on the open source Linux operating system. According to Saruwatari, who claims to be a Nintendo insider, the company reduced development costs by leveraging open source software and incorporating a Linux kernel into the Wii software platform. A wide variety of additional features like web browsing, video playback, file management, and emulation all run on Nintendo's custom Linux operating system, which uses a proprietary interface. Unlike the other specialized software components, the actual games will not run under the Linux platform, and can be played without booting Linux if the user holds down the "A" button while the Wii is starting up.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Yeah, I heard a while back about Wii running Linux, must have something to do with the PS3 running it. :\

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    If the PS3 runs linux, then it's not worth buying, because for the price that Sony is charging for that ugly fuckin chocolate hotdog that does the same thing as the PS2 aside from Blu-Ray and wireless controllers, we should be getting Windows XP Gamers Edition with that fucker.

EDIT: Sorry if this is a double post, I clicked the post button but it told me
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.
    so I went back and clicked it again, because I didn't see my message pop up on the screen

Thanks
    lolol triple post

Thanks
    Shush, you bewb. I said it was teh accident.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Timebeast
    If the PS3 runs linux, then it's not worth buying, because for the price that Sony is charging for that ugly fuckin chocolate hotdog that does the same thing as the PS2 aside from Blu-Ray and wireless controllers, we should be getting Windows XP Gamers Edition with that fucker.

EDIT: Sorry if this is a double post, I clicked the post button but it told me
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.
    so I went back and clicked it again, because I didn't see my message pop up on the screen

no, running on linux could be a good thing, since it is an open ended OS unlike windows, making changes to suite the ps3 would be VERY easy, and the psm3 mag has tested the ps3, showed a video of start up, keep in mind that it was NOT THE FINAL VERSION, but it ran on the same configuration as the psp, i dont think sony would be that stupid to do that on the final version, but if they do, ps3 better be kick ass, but if you are a true gamer, you should be getting all three new systems
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thing is, I won't have to pay 4 games. =)

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Why not, Arun?

Thanks
    that takes thinking