Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

How to have some fun with changemap

So basically, after playing around with a few commands, I found out that the changemap command works beautifully as well. So I tried to fiddle with it a bit, and found a couple of cool but also kinda worthless uses for it.

NOTE: I ONLY TESTED THIS ON EU. I CANNOT GUARANTEE THIS WORKS ON NA!

- How to use the changemap command

It's no use to know what's possible with this command if you don't know how to use it. Use it like this:
    changemap "mapname"
    You can find all the mapnames in your "en-EU\maps\graphs" or "en-US\maps\graphs".

Example: changemap 01a

- Fight any mob in any map.

This is a bit tricky.

1. Start a mission which has the mobs you want to fight in it.
    2. Now use changemap "mapname"
    3. Once you get into the map, where normally the mobs will spawn, the mobs in your originally loaded map will show up instead

Fun example: Start the White Tyrant Challenge, and switch to whatever map. You can fight the bear in any location this way. Blood lord works this same way as well. Or any boss which you encounter in the first room, for that matter.

Just remember that this is fairly limited because it only uses the first wave of spawns. This does not work for an entire map long as far as I know. Does need some extra testing though. If you do this with the Red Tyrant etc. however, the battle will be counted as finished, so be sure to start this while using commands to bypass the leaderboard!

- Enter the tutorial level with your current character + equipment

1. Use "changemap tutorial"
    2. You'll be teleported into the cutscene and can run around in the prologue level now

NOTE: If you use this command while you were in the town, you can run around but not use any of your weapons. This also makes it so you cannot proceed through the tutorial level. However, if you start the mission from a boat, you'll be able to do this. But I didn't come any further than the part where you have to pick up Tieve so far, but you might have better luck.

- Use your weapons in town

1. Start a boat to whatever mission
    2. Use the command "changemap t01"
    3. You'll now be in the town map and you can run around using every weapon you could use on the boat as well.

NOTE: Be careful with this, this will make it so you have to restart/reconnect after you did this, because there is no way you can get outside this 'boat status'. Entering any shop will make you get stuck in it as well (although another changemap will get you out of there).

[img]https://i191.photobucke*****m/albums/z245/aMannus/2011_11_18_0000.png[/img] <-- Shows up as town number when doing this, lol

- Make yourself invisible in town (ACTUALLY USEFUL!)

1. While you're in town, use the command "changemap t01"
    2. Now you're in a town map where nobody can see you
    3. Use this so you can run around naked without drawing unwanted attention

IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you go to any other map and go back into the town again, you'll be in the real deal again. So don't think you can run around naked without drawing attention without being a bit careful. Don't use this trick if you're not sure when it works or not.

There's like 50 other things you can do with changemap, but I suggest people to experiment with this themselves. It's really fun to do this because it gives you the opportunity to create situations which are normally impossible in a legit way. It might be useful for learning the maps itself as well, in case you are deciding on making a speedrun of a certain level and want to know where you can wallstrafe or whatever.
    Last edited by aMannus; 11-17-2011 at 07:20 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aMannus For This Useful Post:

___guilherme___ (11-20-2011)

Thanks
    Well, I knew this since I started playing Vindictus, guess the rest of MPGH didnt. Nice tutorial.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Well, I knew this since I started playing Vindictus, guess the rest of MPGH didnt. Nice tutorial.
    Yes, I'm quite sure a lot of people did know about this command already, and also knew the things you could do with it. But me, for one, only started playing around with the commands that weren't discussed publicly that much. So I figured, maybe it's still helpful for some. I had some fun times playing around with it anyway, so I don't really care either way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    So which one take me directly to Heavy Warrior, so I can farm for Heavy Warrior's Hammer Fragment?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorx2010 View Post
    So which one take me directly to Heavy Warrior, so I can farm for Heavy Warrior's Hammer Fragment?
    Only the battle.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorx2010 View Post
    If you would've read it more throuroughly, you would've seen that the only mobs that will spawn are the mobs that normally spawn in the battle you start. Thus, as Nico said, you can only make Heavy Warrior spawn somewhere else if he's encountered as the first mob in a battle, and start that battle and changemap into whatever.

What you want is impossible in any way that is publicly known. If there's any other way, I do not know.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I don't read. I just glance over everything really quick. 08b is the map btw. Too bad tho.

Well, it doesn't matter anyways. I'm getting closer to getting enough fragments. 7/12 atm. Just doing quick speed thru the level again and again and again.

Then I'm done with this stupid mission forever.