Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid

Question Building a computer.

Hey guys my computer has gone bonkers recently so I've decided to build my own.
    I'm kinda lost in all of the different options and just wanted some help deciding.
    I've got a budget here so no top of the line stuff my current pc has integrated graphics so anything is better.
    I think I might get an ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1 GB, it's around $140 on Amazon. If you know of any better cards for around the same price let me know. I`m sort of leaning towards a NVIDIA card because i`ve heard alot of good things. I don`t know what type of processor, motherboard, network card, or anything like that to get. Any help appreciated

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    You don't need a network card unless your computer is too far from router to use a cable.
    If you wanna save money, buy AMD CPU and motherboards.
    They're pretty good, but Intel is better but heaps more expensive.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Tell us your budget and you'll get a build suggestion

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Oglog40 (12-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Well I definitly want to keep it under 1000. I decided on this tower Canada Computers | Cases | NZXT Guardian 921 RB Crafted Series Gaming Case with Blue LED and i have been looking at amd processors and this is the cheapest but I don't really know anything about them so I don't know if it's crap or not. Canada Computers | CPU | AMD Athlon II X2 260 (65W) Dual-Core Socket AM3, 3.2GHz, 2MB L3 Cache, 45nm (ADX260OCGMBOX) also I decided on this graphics card Amazon.com: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Video Card with VGA/DVI/HDMI, ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5: Electronics unless theres a better one for the same price. I also don't plan on over clocking or anything like that. I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a motherboard so any help there is really appreciated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Oglog40 View Post
    Well I definitly want to keep it under 1000. I decided on this tower Canada Computers | Cases | NZXT Guardian 921 RB Crafted Series Gaming Case with Blue LED and i have been looking at amd processors and this is the cheapest but I don't really know anything about them so I don't know if it's crap or not. Canada Computers | CPU | AMD Athlon II X2 260 (65W) Dual-Core Socket AM3, 3.2GHz, 2MB L3 Cache, 45nm (ADX260OCGMBOX) also I decided on this graphics card Amazon.com: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Video Card with VGA/DVI/HDMI, ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5: Electronics unless theres a better one for the same price. I also don't plan on over clocking or anything like that. I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a motherboard so any help there is really appreciated.
    What the fuck?
    Athlon II is so old.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    900 bucks at newegg.ca for a sexy build. Latest AMD CPU and a better gfx card (560 Ti, practically it's a 570 with a few cores removed). You might want to hop to the AMD gfx card wagon though, just saying

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Oglog40 (12-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    @Sir Ragealot - like I said man I know nothing about that kind of stuff

@Alen - Thanks a lot i'll definitely look into that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    So I have been looking into the computer parts you mentioned and I have been reading reviews on the AMD FX-4100 and a lot of the reviews are talking about finding a motherboard that will support it. I was just wondering if you were certain that it would work with the AMD Motherboard you recommended?

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    So I have been looking into the computer parts you mentioned and I have been reading reviews on the AMD FX-4100 and a lot of the reviews are talking about finding a motherboard that will support it. I was just wondering if you were certain that it would work with the AMD Motherboard you recommended?

Thanks
    Yes...
    It's AMD AM3+ socket...
    Last edited by Stevenom; 12-08-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Thanks
    The 990fx chipset is pretty much the higher-end chipset for mainstream use, it supports both the FX cpus and all the other "new" goodies.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Oglog40 (12-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thanks a lot for the help guys, So i decided on all the parts you recommended @Alen except for the hard drive because I already have one. I am also wondering if I needed the 750w power supply or could i get another cheaper tower with the power supply already included? Like this one here Newegg.ca - RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEBP 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply or this one Canada Computers | Cases | NZXT Guardian 921 RB Crafted Series Gaming Case with Blue LED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thanks a lot for the help guys, So i decided on all the parts you recommended @Alen except for the hard drive because I already have one. I am also wondering if I needed the 750w power supply or could i get another cheaper tower with the power supply already included? Like this one here Newegg.ca - RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEBP 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply or this one Canada Computers | Cases | NZXT Guardian 921 RB Crafted Series Gaming Case with Blue LED
    You can easily get something less powerful, though I dunno whether I would trust a random 500W PSU to do the job. In all honesty I would rather get something that can do 600W, just to be on the safe side (though theoretically you shouldn't really surpass 400W-ish).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Oglog40 (12-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    So do you recommend I surpass 400w power supply or play it safe?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    So do you recommend I surpass 400w power supply or play it safe?
    I recommend you get at least 600W or so, 400W-ish is how much such a PC could approximately draw.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Oglog40 (12-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thanks I'll look into that I think I'm going to go with this case unless it wouldnt fit all the parts or something like that, thanks alot too you've been a huge help!

Canada Computers | Cases | NZXT Phantom BLACK w/GREEN Enthusiast Full Tower Case (NZXTPHAN003GR)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast