Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Is there a line?

Watching SNL with katy perry.

She continually makes fun of other artist during the show, most of who are here competitors in the business. I really don't care for her or the competitors music, but...........there is a line isn't there? Its like if the ceo of coke came out and was in a skit against pepsi. Its pretty disgusting to me that SNL has already fallen this far, but even more so when its just pathetically making fun of other people. I mean the dog skit this week was pathetic.

Should SNL allow musical artist to be in skits that directly make fun of their competitors?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    That's what Saturday Night live does...
    If they allow making in fun of the President of the United states and other politicians,
    what makes you think they care about some shitty pop artists?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Its totally different, no one on SNL is running for president.

Thats the difference.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Its totally different, no one on SNL is running for president.

Thats the difference.
    Ok..and I'm pretty sure no one on SNL are pop stars either, so why would they be excluded from the banter?
    SNL makes in fun of pretty much anything that has become popular in mass media, including the Penn. state incident and other racey subjects.
    If you watch most late night comedy the hosts/stars are usually cracking jokes at someones expense, that's just part of the game..nothing new.

Should there be a line? No. If people can't take a joke, they should probably remove the stick from their asses and learn to laugh more.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Its fine if one of the snl cast does it. But when another pop star does it...

Honestly idgaf what they make fun of, snl sucks nowadays anyway. But having one pop star being allowed to make fun of others? Isn't that the line?

Might as well have coke adds dissing pepsi.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Honestly idgaf what they make fun of, snl sucks nowadays anyway. But having one pop star being allowed to make fun of others? Isn't that the line?

They already have those...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    There's no such thing as a "line" anymore sadly. Slander is completely allowed nowadays. It's not a good tactic, guaranteed after that airing of SNL her sales and hits on her videos dropped. Most people hate it when others slander their competitors, hence the reason why running candidates don't blatantly say the other person running for office is terrible, they just use words that make them sound smart. I don't know if KP did this, but I do know that her music sucksss

There should be a line in my opinion. Bad talking other artists won't get her more sales, or make her shit music any better.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Eminem got rich doing it..as did numerous rappers, it's not like it's anything new.
    Problems with the 1st amendment?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Eminem got rich doing it..as did numerous rappers, it's not like it's anything new.
    Problems with the 1st amendment?
    Mmm I have no problem during song or something calling someone out. But going on a show and just doing HURR DURR comedy against another artist.......

There should be a line at least, if nothing for the show to get better and stop being shit. Also, they should stop the stupid otaku skit, bleh. Only anime fans would get that and even then its shitty.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Mmm I have no problem during song or something calling someone out. But going on a show and just doing HURR DURR comedy against another artist.......

There should be a line at least, if nothing for the show to get better and stop being shit. Also, they should stop the stupid otaku skit, bleh. Only anime fans would get that and even then its shitty.
    The only time I think there should be a line, is if it gets taken serious by one of the parties and violence ensues.
    Good example would be the Tupac and Biggie incident. They just took shit way too far.
    Besides that, there really isn't much that can be done without imposing on someones freedom of speech.
    Morals are something that have been fading from society in the last few decades..
    The majority of pop stars only care about their own fame and money..