Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Exclamation 3-Part Guide from 0 to Max mesos

Introduction
    Alright guys, let me start off by saying that this guide is very long and very in depth. Most prices in this guide are going to be for the world El Nido, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue. IF YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE BANK, YOU NEED TO TAKE 10 MINUTES OUT OF YOUR DAY TO READ THE ENTIRE GUIDE (take notes if you have to)!!! Not all ideas present in this guide are entirely mine. Credit goes to TheDaBoki and Veontheif. Their informative videos can be found here:

TheDaBoki -

VeonThief -

If you don't really feel like watching the 36 min of video listed above, I have written a more condensed version that basically hits on all the major points on how to rack up your mesos. As a nightlord, this is especially helpful, but for anyone who just wants to gear up their character and make good money, just read below.

Step 1 (0 mesos - 300m)
    We are going to start this guide assuming you have no money at all, completely unfunded and a total meso noob. Before we can even start, it is HIGHLY recommended that you get a basic store permit. It is 1.8k nx in the cash shop and lasts for 90 days. You can technically still do this without it, but it isn't practical. You can set this up in the Free Market and sell items for less tax while afk at school/sleeping/masturbating (we all do this, this just allows us to play maple at the same time).

The next thing you are going to need to do is quest a little bit. One i recommend is Subani's Legacy (level 36) quest in NLC. For this quest you kill some monsters in Big Ben, it takes like 10 minutes and you get 60% Glove for Att scroll as a reward, which you can sell for 8-10m (Prices may vary depending on what world you are on, I'm on El Nido). I recommend doing this for all characters you have. Another quest to do is Alcaster's quests in El Nath. Once completed, you can buy all cures and summoning rocks for 5k each. You can then turn around and sell those in your shop for as much as 8k each depending on what world you are on. If you have a 16 slot shop, that's 4.8 mil profit just from doing nothing. Even if you sell them for 6k each that's still 1.6 mil in like 20 minutes.

Next is mining. Mining, mining, mining. Even if you are level 30, go to Ardent Mill and enter the secret mine and mine Brown Veins for bronze and addy ores. You can then turn those into plates and sell them conservatively for 500k each in the free market. For this you should make as many characters as you can and have them all mine bronze and addy ores. You should be able to mine about 60 ores, making 20 plates per character. For each character that you have, that's 10m a day just from 10 minutes of mining. If you have 6 characters like I do, that's at least 60 mil a day. I did this for 5 days and made 300m, so this is highly recommended.

Bossing! If you are 120+, feel free to go bossing every once in a while. If I get bored, I will go hunt random boss monsters like Mannon and Griffey and get Mystery Mastery Books, which sell for around 15m and they are dropped often. Zakum is also an easy way to get good mastery books so you don't end up spending a fortune on them, thus saving you money. A meso saved is a meso earned.

Finally, for those maplers level 90+, you can go to Triple Remos in Magatia and farm them for an Angelic Blessing recipe. If you don't already have it, go ahead and craft one for yourself, you only need level 4 accessory crafting and it is easy to get the materials. The ring gives a +5 wea/mag att buff. If you really need the mesos or you already have the ring, you can sell it in the free market for around 200m.
    At level 120+, you can farm for the Angelic Blessing recipe at Master Death Teddies in Ludibrium. This can take anywhere from 1-6 hours, depending on your luck, but again, it sells for 200m so it is definitely worth the effort. I got mine in under 2 hours.

Step 2: Merching (300m-500m+)

If you ask anyone, merching is probably the most painfully boring thing in maplestory, but if done right, you can turn 300m to 500+ mil in a day. Merching is basically buying things cheap, and selling them for a profit. For example, you may see someone selling 10 att Work Gloves for 175m, but you know that you can get at least 200m for them. In this scenario, you would buy them and try to get rid of them as fast as possible. This also works for other scrolled and potential equips that you can make a profit off of. Merching takes a lot of practice. You need to hang in the free market a lot to keep track of which items are selling for how much. Once you begin to get familiar with the prices, merching will become much easier.

If you get bored with merching, you can always go hunt Angelic Blessing Recipes at Master Death Teddies, continue mining for that extra 60m per day (keep in mind it only takes 10 minutes in secret mine to get 10m worth of plates, so you are getting 1m per minute), or bossing.

Step 3: Scrolling (500m+ to Max Mesos)
    A lot of people have a fear of scrolling. It is in a sense, gambling. But, when you have over 500m, the statistics work in your favor. For this, we are going to scroll Work Gloves with 60% glove for attack scrolls. Make sure to pick your main character as your scrolling character, because the more you scroll, the more your diligence personality trait goes up. When your diligence trait goes up, you actually gain extra % of landing a successful scroll. For example, level 40 diligence skill is equal to +4% scrolling success rate. You may think "oh its just 4%" but in the long run, 4% makes a world of difference. First, we need to set a limit so we don't blow all our mesos in one day. Lets say we will buy 10 60% glove att scrolls each day, so that is around 100m. You want to be aiming for a 10 att work glove or 8 att minimum. If you get a fail within the first 3 scrolls, stop that glove and move on to the next one. If you get 3 successes and 1 fail, then go for the last one to get an 8 att for some profit.

Let me break this down for you a bit more. It is a beautiful Saturday morning and we have 3 clean work gloves and 10 60% glove for att scrolls. We scroll the first one, fail. Move on to the next. Scroll it and it works 2 times but fails the 3rd. Move on to the next one. This time you get lucky and all 5 work. You are left with 2 worthless work gloves, a 60% glove for att scroll, and a 10 att work glove. You spent 100m on the scrolls, and made 200m on the work glove, doubling your investment.

You will not make a profit each and every time doing this. That is why we have a limit of 10 scrolls per day. However, over a long period of time, the money averages out so that you end up making an overall profit. Keep in mind, even if we get two 8 att work gloves, we still made a profit. In rare cases you may get two 10 att wgs, and quadruple your money. If you keep at it and raise your diligence, you will become more and more successful with scrolling, just make sure you know when to stop (10 per day).

*Keep in mind this isn't limited to work gloves, you can do it with other equips as well.

Step 4: NX Merching *Optional*

Once you have max mesos, you start to sell 10 att work gloves in the MTS and gain a little bit of nx. Merching in MTS isn't too different from merching in the free market, but the currency is different and the items are generally much more valuable. Basically look around at prices for different items, buy low and re-sell high. Again, you want to try to sell as fast as possible since prices in maplestory often fluctuate. Be careful, since you are dealing with real money, and be very smart in your transactions. If done successfully, you can build up enough nx to then cube all your gear for better potentials, like turning a 3-line 9% att red craven into a 15% att red craven and so on.

If you want to see how this is done, check out this video by Fleyz4305:

One last thing...make absolutely sure you finish the Silent Crusade quest line, and here is why.

Silent Crusade: Upon completing this quest line, you get two rings that give +2 wea/mag att, and you can buy shoulder pads that give +2 wea/mag att for 7.5m! You can then purchase scrolls for these shoulder pads for 10m each, which award +2 wea/mag att upon success. It has three slots so you can potentially get +8 wea/mag att shoulder pads.

Also, many people are not familiar with the crusader codex system. In your monster book, you can gain certain sets by collecting all the monster cards dropped by certain monsters. For the silent crusade set, you have to collect cards from 23 different bosses that can be killed through entering monster portals in various maps. If you pick up the cards dropped by monsters during the silent crusade qeust line, you only have to go hunt a few easy monsters in Victoria Island to complete the set. Once completed, you select "use set effect" and it gives your crusader codex book and epic potential of 1% all stats, and ignore 15% wea/mag def. This is highly useful and if you don't have it, I recommend getting it. It took me 3 hours total to complete this and it was well worth my time!!!

Anyway, I sincerely hope all of you try these methods out. If you really stick with it, you can be rolling in mesos within a couple weeks. I started with 3mil total between my level 142 Bishop and 148 Night lord. Within the first week, I gained 300mil from mining and another 200m from an Angelic blessing recipe I found. After merching the next week, I doubled my money by merching equips, mastery books, and scrolls. And in my third week, I began scrolling Work Gloves and made max mesos for my first time ever, plus an extra bil. Mad props to TheDaBoki, VeonThief, and Fleyz4305 for their awesome insight on making mesos. I hope you guys all take this advice seriously, and if you have any other suggestions feel free to comment below ^^
    Last edited by xypher94; 01-09-2012 at 09:38 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xypher94 For This Useful Post:

Blitz (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    Incredible first post. Did you actually write this?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blitz For This Useful Post:

xypher94 (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thanks! Yes I did actually write this. The videos had good information but I just wanted to condense and organize it a bit more, as well as provide some personal insight.
    Last edited by xypher94; 01-10-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xypher94 View Post
    Thanks! Yes I did actually write this. The videos had good information but I just wanted to condense and organize it a bit more, as well as provide some personal insight.
    I see. Very useful content here. I actually stopped playing MapleStory a long time ago, but who knows, maybe I'll give this whole money making business a try soon.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    I see. Very useful content here. I actually stopped playing MapleStory a long time ago, but who knows, maybe I'll give this whole money making business a try soon.
    If you do decide to give it a shot, let me know how it works out for you. I'd be interested to see if it works as well for other people as it did for me!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Not bad of a guide :3

Taking advice and going to go sell plates.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Wow that's impressive nice work.
    [IMG]https://i453.photobucke*****m/albums/qq251/mt10587/hitsugaya-taicho-toushirou-hitsugaya-26580494-1032-1484.png[/IMG]
    Please Thank And Add Reputation To Me If I Helped You.
    [IMG]https://i453.photobucke*****m/albums/qq251/mt10587/hitsugaya-taicho-toushirou-hitsugaya-26580494-1032-1484.png[/IMG]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Toshiro Hitsugaya For This Useful Post:

xypher94 (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Not bad of a guide :3

Taking advice and going to go sell plates.
    Thanks , I hope you make a ton of money!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    'wow.. very well done :P will it work in ems as well?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmog17 View Post
    'wow.. very well done :P will it work in ems as well?
    Of course it will. Mesos are mesos.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    thanks for this!
    "You said 'I love you', and I said too.
    The only difference is, I didn't lie to you."

Successful Trades: 204
    Middle Man'd: 67
    BLACKLIST: