Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Lightbulb {Complete} Beginners Guide To Hacking

Side Note: Just thought this might help some of the people/beginners out there, took a while, but it turned out pretty good I think
    {Complete} Beginners Guide To Hacking

I. Hello/About
    A. Welcome
    B. Common terms

II. Memory Hacking & Cheat Engine
    A. Memory Hacking
    1. What is memory hacking?
    2. How is it done?
    3. Where do people come up with these hacks?
    4. Where can I learn to make my own hacks?

B. Cheat Engine
    1. What is Cheat Engine?
    2. Where can I get Cheat Engine?
    3. How Do I configure Cheat Engine?
    4. What can/can't I do with Cheat Engine?
    5. CTs, scripts, and the address list. (How do I use a script/CT?)
    III. DLL Hacks & Winject & Other Injectors
    A. DLL hacks
    1. What are they?
    2. How do I use them?
    3. What can they do?
    4. How can I make sure they are safe?

B. Winject & Other Injectors
    1. What is a DLL injector?
    2. How can I inject a DLL into MapleStory? (Winject How-To)
    3. Common Problems
    IV. Bypassing The Checks
    A. What is HackShield?
    B. What is a CRC?
    C. How can I bypass these checks?

V. Programming and beyond (C++/C#/Delphi/etc.)
    A. What is programming?
    B. What can I do with programming?
    C. Where can I learn to program?
    D. Programming Resources

VI. Special Thanks/Conclusion

I. Hello/About

A. Welcome
    First of all, thank you for choosing to read this guide. I'll assume you are a complete novice that has no idea where to start. Yes I know where you're coming from and how difficult it is, and have recently realized how hard it was to get my feet on the ground. This guide is designed to both teach you how to use hacks and to also understand how they work so you can further your knowledge in game hacking. I (personally) suggest reading this front to back or not reading it at all. No skimming, unless you're at least going to read whole sections at the time.

Before you begin, I would suggest downloading the following files. They will (most likely) be extremely useful in your hacking "career."

• WinRAR: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files
    • C++ 2008 Runtime: 32-bit 64-bit• C++ 2010 Runtime: 32-bit 64-bit• .NET Framework: Version 4.0 (I would suggest downloading all versions as they are required by various programs)
    • An Anti-Virus and/or FireWall• Cheat Engine (see below for link)• Winject (see below for link)
    B. Common Terms
    The following terms will be used throughout this guide, so please get familiar with their meanings now (although you can always refer back to this section later).

CE - Cheat Engine
    UCE - Undetected Cheat Engine
    MS - MapleStory
    CRC - Cyclic Redundancy Check (note the "Check" part, more on this later)
    AA - Auto Assembler
    CT - Cheat Table
    ASM - Assembly (language of CE AA scripts)

II. Memory Hacking & Cheat Engine
    A. Memory Hacking
    1. What is Memory Hacking?
    Memory hacking, a well known technique by most (hopefully all) MS hackers. Memory hacking is the first and most used method of hacking MS, it is also the post powerful. Memory hacking involves modifying the game's memory which in turn alters the game play. This is how many cheats such as monster vacuum's, godmodes, fly hack, and other cheats are made

2. How is it done?
    Memory hacking is usually accomplished by using every hacker's best tool, Cheat Engine. It is also commonly done by creating a DLL file that is injected into the game process (more on this later). A less-commonly used method is done by other executable programs (EXEs), but that is usually harder to bypass so it is not as common.

3. What can they do?
    Memory editing can do whatever your mind can imagine... well mostly everything. Anything from monster vacuums, godmodes (can't be hit by monsters), game exploits, packet editing (modifying the data sent to the game server), and more can be done with memory edits. Although many will disagree with me (I can see it already), Cheat Engine is probably the most powerful tool in hacking. Too all those folk who brag "Packet editors are way better than CE" just remember what a very intelligent hacker once said (darkbyte), "Cheat Engine can do everything a packet editor can... and more."

3. Where do people come up with these hacks?
    I'm not going to far into detail here, but usually hacks are found by searching for a value (example, the amount of ammo in a pistol), finding out what modifies that value, and modifying the ASM to modify the outcome (infinite ammo). You'll learn about this the more you hack (hopefully).

4. Where can I learn to make my own hacks?
    I wouldn't worry about this yet, but you can look at other scripts and learn how they work. It also helps to learn assembly. Reading old tutorials (even on updating scripts, pointers, finding pointers, anything) is great.
    B. Cheat Engine (CE)
    1. What is Cheat Engine?
    Cheat Engine is your best friend. It lets you search for addresses, modify game memory, and basically overall just hack in general.
    2. Where can I get Cheat Engine?
    Get it from it's homepage, here.
    Never get it ANYWHERE else.
    3. How Do I configure Cheat Engine?
    Since I'm so kind I uploaded the settings to here. If you are planning on bypassing HackShield (see later), you may want to enable the following settings:
    4. What can/can't I do with Cheat Engine?

• You CAN enable/disable hacks at the play screen.• You CAN search for values in the game.• You CAN modify the game's instructions• You CAN'T use CE in-game unless you have a bypass (see below).• You CAN'T packet edit (not directly at least) with CE.• You CAN'T expect to learn how to use it in 5 minutes.
    • You CAN'T use it to press keys (for botting and such)•
    You CAN'T use it to inject DLLs into the game 5. CTs, scripts, and the address list. (How do I use a script/CT?)
    AA scripts, the public's long time favorite friend. AA scripts are the most common type of hacks available online. How do you use this might you ask? Well let's explain:
    1. Open CE, then open MS. If you're using my CE settings, it will auto-attach to MapleStory.exe. If not, go back to CE and click the glowing computer icon in the top left. Select MapleStory.exe from the process list and hit "Open."

2a. To load a CT, click the folder (by the computer), browse for it, and hit open. The scripts will appear in the address list below.

2b. To assign a script to the address list, first copy it to your clipboard. Next, click "Memory View" in CE, then navigate to Tools -> Auto Assemble (or press Ctrl+A while in the memory viewer). Paste the script in the dialog below, and navigate to File -> Assign to current cheat table.

3. When you're done, you can (optionally) save your CT by pressing the floppy disk icon (next to the computer icon) and typing in a name.
    PRO-TIP: Rename the hacks by double-clicking them in the address list.

4. To enable/disable hacks, simply click the check box next to hack (checked = enabled).

5. Close CE before you press "Play!" (unless you have a bypass), and hack away!

Another useful feature of CE is the ability to monitor values at certain addresses. Here's a short tutorial on how to add an address and a pointer.

1. Attach CE to MS (see above).

2. Press "Add Address Manually" in CE.

3a. If you're not adding a pointer, simply type in the address, description (name, ex: Current HP), and select the data type. The data type is usually 4byte, with double being the second most common. Press "OK."

3b. If you are adding a pointer, fill in the description, and select the data type. Tick the check box marked "Pointer." Fill the the base address in the box on the left, and press "Add" for each offset in the pointer. Next, fill in the offsets in the boxes on the right (starting at the bottom). When finished, press "OK."

III. DLL Hacks & Winject & Other Injectors
    A. DLL hacks
    1. What are they?
    DLL hacks are programs compiled (created into) a DLL file, which is then injected into the game process to modify the game memory.

2. How do I use them?
    You use them by first injecting them into the game (see below). Some will provide dialogs to change settings or enable/disable things while in-game. Others will simply perform their job when injected and do nothing more (bypasses for example).

3. What can they do?
    They can do everything AA scripts can do, and more. They provide a user interface so things can be enabled or disabled while in-game. They can display visual data such as pointers and what not, and also press keys for you, allowing you to bot while not on the computer.

4. How can I make sure they are safe?
    First of all, if you don't trust it, don't download it. ****** requires all releases to be approved by a mod, so most malicious things never even make it in contact with the public. To be safe, always scan your DLL file with VirusTotal, Jotti VirusScan, Kaspersky, or whatever floats your boat.
    B. Winject & Other Injectors
    1. What is a DLL injector?
    A DLL injector is a program designed to inject (or load) a DLL into another process. This is how all DLL hacks are loaded into the game process. I do this using Winject, a simple DLL injector often used.
    2. How can I inject a DLL into MapleStory? (Winject How-To)
    There are many different types of injectors and all require a different method to use them.
    3. Common Problems

• Error: "... is already injected or loaded into process.exe..."• Solution: Your DLL is already injected! Close the process and re-open it to inject the file again.
    • Error: "Both injection-methods failed!"• Solution: Either the DLL wasn't compiled correctly or you are missing a required library (such as a C++ runtime) to use the file. Check with the author/source to see what files are required and install them.
    IV. Bypassing The Checks
    A. What is HackShield?
    Ahnlab's HackShield is the notorious rival of MS's old anti-cheat we all knew as nProtect GameGuard. It scans for known cheats (such as CE, Winject, etc.) and closes the game process when it detects them. It also blocks the use of several hacking-related functions which makes many hacks useless without a bypass.

B. What is a CRC?
    A CRC is a check ran by both HackShield and MS to check for modifications to the game memory. It constantly monitors the memory and if it detects any alterations, it closes the game process.

C. How can I bypass these checks?
    In order to use memory hacking, this check must be relocated to a copy of the game memory that is free of alterations. There is USUALLY a public DLL file out to bypass these checks. Also, there are sometimes AA scripts that will bypass them, too. At times, there are also HackShield bypass's that become public. This will allow you to use CE while in-game, which is a great thing.
    V. Programming and Beyond (C++/C#/Delphi/etc.)
    A. What is programming?

Computer programming (often shortened to programming or coding) is the process of designing, writing, testing, debugging / troubleshooting, and maintaining the source code of computer programs. This source code is written in a programming language.

B. What can I do with programming?
    Using programming you can create your own hacks, bots, and other utilities. Also please do not forget, YOU CAN USE PROGRAMMING FOR THINGS OUTSIDE OF MAPLESTORY HACKING! And yes, it was completely necessary to put that in caps.

C. Where can I learn to program?
    Books are usually your best bet, ask other people for suggestions on books as I've only read one book on C++: Accelerated C++. I'd recommend it for beginners as it outlines almost if not every aspect of Pure C++. After you learn the basics, you can move on to learning about the Windows API (you'll learn what this is once you learn to program) and finally onto game hacking.

D. Programming Resources
    Here's some of the resources used:

My C++ Sources (Also includes Kitterz Trainer Source
    Microsoft Developer Network (Reference & Tutorials for WinAPI

•Thanks to unkowN- for pointing out grammer errors, screen shots & giving me the inspiration for making this tut, oh and also helping me put all this together. Your awesome!
    Last edited by MagixAries; 02-12-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    "You said 'I love you', and I said too.
    The only difference is, I didn't lie to you."

Successful Trades: 204
    Middle Man'd: 67
    BLACKLIST:
    Stevie9090, ProHackTB, combatarms1993, sp33dkill3r,
    Markalot, Yomo710, -Nice-, kernie891
    /Add me on MSN \: x7sinsx@live.com

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MagixAries For This Useful Post:

-MODZ- (07-01-2013),Cosmo_ (11-18-2014),EpicG0d (02-26-2012),everlegend (03-05-2012),JDooDoo (09-17-2015),Leosanity (04-03-2013),lucasdrache (06-19-2015),LuciferzFury (05-01-2014),molot (04-11-2015),TastyCookieez (06-12-2012),Youtro (02-27-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Looks like a good guide. Good work.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Looks like a good guide. Good work.
    Thank you!

BLACKLIST:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MagixAries For This Useful Post:

zackhaikal (04-22-2013)

Thanks
    I think the CE is outdated.. I went to the link and it gave me a totally different CE then from the pictures

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by xingale View Post
    I think the CE is outdated.. I went to the link and it gave me a totally different CE then from the pictures
    Its just the computer interface.

@MagixAries
    What OS are you using?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My OS is Window 7 :]

BLACKLIST:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by MagixAries View Post
    My OS is Window 7 :]
    Are these Screen Shots yours or leeched?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

Are these Screen Shots yours or leeched?
    screenshots provided by unkowN-, so I guess it's leeched ..? I gave credits too tho

BLACKLIST:

Thanks
    I have windows 7 too, could you provide me with some screenshots please

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by xingale View Post
    I have windows 7 too, could you provide me with some screenshots please
    Dude their right there.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    your CE is kinda old... doesn't have it in CE 6.1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    @Blitz make this sticky!!! and eh should get more thanks
    THANK ME IF I HELPED YOU!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicG0d View Post
    @Blitz make this sticky!!! and eh should get more thanks
    Eh, disagree. It's a little hard to follow, even for me (and I already know this stuff).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Eh, disagree. It's a little hard to follow, even for me (and I already know this stuff).
    well i want to make a new nx account and stuff and hack so i can get like 3 lvl 200, how lognm should that take with the bots out now? and could u help me do it?
    THANK ME IF I HELPED YOU!!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicG0d View Post
    well i want to make a new nx account and stuff and hack so i can get like 3 lvl 200, how lognm should that take with the bots out now? and could u help me do it?
    It will take a very long time since legit takes long as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast