Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Are you kidding me right now?

I never denied talking about Islam in general..nor did I deny talking about sects.
Islamic sects are not simply "denominations," if that word is understood to mean various valid approaches to the same religion. Members of one Islamic group do not usually recognize members of other groups as fellow Muslims, and open conflict between sects is not uncommon.

example: Ibadi Muslims‎,Kharijites‎, Quranist Muslims‎ , Shi'a Muslims‎, Sufis‎, Sunni Muslims‎

So basically you're telling me because I didn't state something about them in the OP,
that I'm not allowed to discuss them later on in an argument when it's presented to me?
That seems pretty ridiculous.

Now, just because there are different sects or groups of Muslims doesn't mean that the Qur'ran itself is completely different.
It means that they practice in a different way. So I am again talking about Islam as a whole too.
Do you get it now? Do you see how I can discuss both sects and Islam as whole and not be contradicting myself like you say?
So what's your point? What's your argument? Islam is not peaceful because the Qur'ran supposedly advocates violence? What's the point of bringing up different sects if your just going to say the Qur'ran is essentially the same for different sects?