Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Personally, in my own opinion: Freedom and Rights are completely fictional.

But for the sake of YOUR point and not just dismissing it, I went on as if they were. You have to understand, what you are saying is that someone is making laws and such with malicious intent.

This leaves two options for my response:

1. No they aren't. They are not so much as trying to take away your freedom like some evil mastermind, as they are protecting the special interest groups. Even then it is really just in response to certain activities or events that took place. They are not totally out of the blue here(random). You see playing this out as some sort of government plot to restrict the "freedoms" of all the citizens.....is a bit well, wrong. It goes without saying that they need not even use these laws to do anything they want anyway, so its not like they actually need to make them. Also, the "bit by bit" theory is so pointless its based on a theory that the government will slowly bit by bit take away our freedoms. Not true, i mean for the longest time, centuries, america has been getting more equality for the greater majority of its people.

2. Yeah they totally are!!! *do nothing just like you* ok well that was fun.
    Once again, you're taking everything I post out of context and attempting to paint a different picture.
    Freedom is as real as people want it to be. If you just sit back and don't do anything to draw attention to real issues,
    that's when things such as freedom begin to get exploited.
    We have all seen what more government does to other countries.
    It's our job as Americans to preserve what makes America great in the first place.
    Also, you don't have a clue about what I do.You just assume that I sit around and do nothing.
    That couldn't be any further from the truth. That's all. I'm done here.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-27-2012 at 02:31 PM.