Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazk's Alt View Post

Well it's not running.
    Didn't know what word to use.
    I train on a eliptical machine. Shit changes drastically
    For chest and biceps, lifting weight and push ups.
    For triceps i do some "Funds" No idea how that's called in english
    Abs, the basis abs.
    Legs, elipictal and 1 time every month sit ups
    Cardio with the eliptical
    Squats are much better for your legs, trust. You might not want to start with weights 'cause it may stunt your growth, but they're plenty good. Your abs aren't bad so what you're doing musn't be too bad, but if you don't balance out your workout, you may end up looking like an inverted pyramid. It isn't so bad if you're absolutely massive, but I wouldn't suggest it 'cause your legs will make you look fucked up.
    Also, if you want to get bigger faster, bulk in addition to taking protein shakes. This will help you gain mass fast which you will, if you don't slack off, turn into muscle.

Donator Since: 12/08/2011
    Minion Since: 04/10/2012

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronyxjr. View Post

Squats are much better for your legs, trust. You might not want to start with weights 'cause it may stunt your growth, but they're plenty good. Your abs aren't bad so what you're doing musn't be too bad, but if you don't balance out your workout, you may end up looking like an inverted pyramid. It isn't so bad if you're absolutely massive, but I wouldn't suggest it 'cause your legs will make you look fucked up.
    Also, if you want to get bigger faster, bulk in addition to taking protein shakes. This will help you gain mass fast which you will, if you don't slack off, turn into muscle.
    have you seen those big bulky upper body guys with tight little skinny jeans with little legs? make me lol everytime

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post

have you seen those big bulky upper body guys with tight little skinny jeans with little legs? make me lol everytime
    I had a Geo teacher like that... He was MASSIVE tho. You laugh at him, you die

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post

I had a Geo teacher like that... He was MASSIVE tho. You laugh at him, you die

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'm 20, skinny as fuck, weigh 54kg (119lb) and I'm about 5"9. Problem?

Threadstarter
    Time for a true display of skills
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Seems like i'll discontinue lifting... sight gotta do more push ups.
    In the photo you can see a 8-pack abs, well they're only 6 the 2 remaining are my ribs.
    Haven't thought that... but ill increase my hands strenght
    Improve and contribute to the LoL section, anything you do could save it.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazk's Alt View Post
    Seems like i'll discontinue lifting... sight gotta do more push ups.
    In the photo you can see a 8-pack abs, well they're only 6 the 2 remaining are my ribs.
    Haven't thought that... but ill increase my hands strenght
    So much derp in this thread. Nothing is wrong with lifting, as long as you don't do dead lifts. It doesn't stunt your growth, and if you know you limits, do the exercises correctly, follow a set routine, and have a good diet, you will see good results very fast. Ideally, you should be going to the gym 3x a week. Your muscles should have at least 48hrs of rest to recuperate after each session. Break upper body and lower body exercises into separate days. I do my upper body, all of my back and traps; arms, this includes deltoids, triceps and biceps and forearms; as well as pecs, abs and obliques. And I usually split all that into 2 sessions, front and back, and on the 3rd day I do my legs. I personally do 3-5 sets of 10 of the weight I would normally do, and occasionally the last rep will be a slightly heavier weight with only 5 reps.

KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Seriously, don't fuck around. Make sure you are doing an exercise correctly. If you fuck up this may result in permanent injury. Nothing is wrong with pushing yourself, but if you start feeling actual pain, drop everything. Some exercises put a lot of pressure on your joints, and you don;t wanna go and fuck those up. If you don't know how to do an exercise or a machine properly, have someone show you. Also keep yourself hydrated, bring a bottle of water and drink it in small sips every now and then to make sure your mouth stays wet. Increase your weight by one interval, whatever it maybe from machine to machine, and by 5 pounds with free weights, every month. If you feel like having one of those burnout sessions where you push yourself beyond your normal limits, do one of those only once a month.

As for diet, I can't say anything specific because diets will vary from individual to individual. However, you should increase your caloric intake, as well as your protein consumption. Your body needs fuel and raw material to repair it's injured muscles. If their isn't enough lying around, your body will cannibalize it's own muscles, you will literally burn yourself out and lose muscle mass. But don't go overboard and start consuming massive amounts of carbs and protein. Excess shit will be converted to fat. That said, I drink a protein shake after my sessions, I read somewhere that a shake an hour before and half an hour after a session increases muscle gain by something like 84%. Here's a neat accurate little calculator that will actually give you a diet outline, give your BMI, and fat percentage.

Diet Calculator, Body Fat Calculator

TL;DR: Get your skinny little ass to the gym but follow strict guidelines and safety precautions or you'll end up like that black dude in Final Destination who got his head crushed between 2 plates, because putting swords in the gym is a great fucking idea.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

Jazk (02-23-2012)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345