Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Unhappy Games making Internet Lag

Recently, I have been experiencing this issue on my computer D: Sometimes when I play, I get disconnected from the game and everything internet related lags, to the point that websites on my browser doesn't even load anymore, even google.com

Closing the said game seems to fix this, like return Internet connectivity, but the only way to fix it entirely is to reboot the computer. Computer was just reformatted last week, so its still fairly clean.

Granted that I have a fairly ancient computer, Athlon II X2 ~ 9500GT >w<; Is it possible that the game is lagging my computer too much that its affecting my Internet connection? Would Upgrading my processor/video card fix this problem? D:

Lastly, weirdly it only happens like one or two times a day!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I doubt this is related to hardware in any way, most likely there are some software issues at play here. Also what game would it be, I've heard of some pretty bandwidth demanding ones, but none to the point that you would begin lagging like mad.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    So far it happened on Mabinogi and Vindictus. I think it causes my wireless to crash and I get this little yellow triangle saying "No Internet Access" whenever I try to play those games. My computer won't even pick up on my router until I reboot. Weirdly the connection is fine until I start playing these games.

I can also attest that it is not router related as every other wireless device can see my router, and my computer can be less than a foot away and not be able to even detect it. I've updated my drivers as I initially thought this was the issue...but that does seem to have helped either. Wired connections seem to work fine, as long as they are hooked up prior to the connection loss, because once thats down the laptop won't recognize the ethernet cord.

Its really so weird that its been bugging me all day now x_x~
    Last edited by Scarinthesky; 02-27-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I'm not sure how Nexon handles game distribution, but you might be having issues with btdna sharing stuff whilst you're playing or something. If there's a btdna.exe process running, kill it and see if it helps. It's just a random guess, I have no clue how either of those games could affect your internet performance, save for their common installer that uses btdna, afaik. You might want to ask in the Vindictus section for help, maybe someone else has experienced this too

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    found something that may be cause it, i looked up my router's log files and found these..

Mar 1 11:48:08 PING-FLOODING flooding attack from WAN (ip:93.88.27.197) detected.
    Mar 1 11:48:02 PING-FLOODING flooding attack from WAN (ip:182.72.170.30) detected.
    Mar 1 11:47:59 PING-FLOODING flooding attack from WAN (ip:115.186.106.196detected.

And alot more different IPs from Ukraine, Russia, India and USA~ So far, I run ever anti malware, virus, spyware I can get and changed my IP, and never got a connection drop.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarinthesky View Post
    found something that may be cause it, i looked up my router's log files and found these..

Mar 1 11:48:08 PING-FLOODING flooding attack from WAN (ip:93.88.27.197) detected.
    Mar 1 11:48:02 PING-FLOODING flooding attack from WAN (ip:182.72.170.30) detected.
    Mar 1 11:47:59 PING-FLOODING flooding attack from WAN (ip:115.186.106.196detected.

And alot more different IPs from Ukraine, Russia, India and USA~ So far, I run ever anti malware, virus, spyware I can get and changed my IP, and never got a connection drop.
    Just read you should disable 'ICMP' on your router, also, scan your PC for Malware.

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Heyo, just like to update and maybe to help someone who suffers the same issues x_x~ After days of like gaming lag which almost made me buy a new computer, I finally figured it out.

First, I changed the program on my router to DD-RWT (a friend suggested)
    Secondly, I disabled my router's connection application on my computer and just started to use the windows default one.

Seems to have fixed all my wireless issues! yay! :3