Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Advanced Navi Spriting

Now, the entire time i've been on the internet, I've seen ALOT of bad editing, no offence. To me, it doesnt mean you sUckz0rz, but it means you need help. Thats why i'm here.

This is probobally the ONLY good sprite tutorial for megaman exe sprites specifically.

Today, you (the viewer) and I are going to make a TaurusFire BN sprite. Seem hard? NO WAY! It just takes patience. For me it would only take about...idk 10 mins. Well heres the rules for spriting.

-A GOOD SPRITE ALWAYS TAKES TIME TO MAKE! If you make a sprite in about 2 mins, then Im sure its poorly worked on

-FIND A PERMENANT RESOURCE! You NEED to find a place to get your sprites from. Doesnt exactly have to be a permenant resource, but you know what I mean. For starters, I suggest Sprites Inc. Good place for ANY megaman sprites, well, at least OFFICIAL sprites. If you need more places e.g. Megaman.exe MM8 style pm me and I'll find the custom you want.

-Finally, NO-ONE IS PERFECT. Lets face it, this is the real world, your sprite is not gonna be like you want it to be ALWAYS.

TIEM TOZ MAKE ZE SPRITEZORZ! FIRST! Lets get a gutsman sheet. Yes, remember? TaurusFire. Personally he is one of my favorite bosses. #1 is Gspark.

Getting The Sheet

Okay so go ahead and coppy teh sprite sheet from the database.

Paste it in and you have this.

Now. We dont need the entire sheet, so keep only the first battle sprite.

Recolouring

Easiest and fastest part. Its pretty funny how some people think it takes a long time to recolor. So. Heres my little trick to doing it in easy steps.

-Make a palette. IMPORTANT!!! YOU NEED A PALETTE SO YOUR CHARACTER DOESNT LOOK LIKE CRAP! This can get confusing for new people, pay attention.

Take note of gutsman's colors. Use the TurkeyBaster (the little color copy tool) and slect gutsman colors in order from lightest to darkest. Copy the color, then make a colored square of it (a small one) with the paintbrush tool. Do this for all of his colors. When your done you should endup with this.

Note the random squares, thats a palette.

Now the boring part

-Making Custom colors

Now heres the part I really hate doing, its esy to do, but boring to do. Also, when making palettes for black characters gets VERY frustrating because some colors can overlap which makes yur character look like he has bad shading. If your making a black chaacter I suggest you use dark blue. Well any ways .

Yeah. Go to the taskbar of paint, click colors click edit colors, and select the darkest red, after that click define custom colors and drag it to make it darker. Then click add to custom colors, one of the white squares should be taken by the color you made. Make red colors to replace the yellows. You SHOULD end up with this.

Now heres the concept.

You are making colors to REPLACE the original ones. The yellow colors are going to be replaced by the red ones. Now, the yellow has 1 more color than your red palette, so use the darkest gray to replace the darkest yellow. So now, heres the other part that gets confusing.

-Final Touch. When your COMPLETELY done with the red palette, time for the recolouring.

Now. Use the color select tool and RIGHT CLICK on the lightest yellow in the yellow palette. Then select your lightest red in the red palette.

PAY ATTENTION! Now, you must select ALL of gutsman and click Edit>Cut.

DONT WORRY. Now click the Paint bucket tool, and fill in the yellow square with the lightest red.

Next You MUST look at the side bar. Click Edit>Paste first, then look at the sidebar. At the bottom of all the tools you seel two pictures, one with shapes and dotted lines and one with the same thing except white BG.CLICK THE SECOND ONE THEN PASTE GUTSMAN'S SPRITE COMPLETELEY OVER THE SQUARE!

Here some helping pics.

Now keep repeating for all the yellow until the yellow is no more!

Heres what you should have

Now we've finally got that over with

Final Part-CUSTOM EDITZ!!!!

As you see, many people make their navis the easy way, getting different parts of a different sprite, pasting it on to the main sprite, then recoloring. If you want to do something like that, just paste another sprite sheet, select the part you want, and paste it on the sprite your editing, remember the select box!

Now. Thats an easy way to make a cool character.

But here is the hardest way. It may be hard, but if you try your best, you WILL pwn and your character will be badass! >

I shouldnt really have an explanation for this, but just in case your stupid XD (JK) use the pencil tool to draw out the horns and fire and add your little effects!

When your done, if you tried your hardest, you sohuld come out with something like this.

(I used heatmans flaming hands, took some of the fire and pasted it to gutsman's hands. Smart eh?) Honestly, I really DIDNT try my hardest on this, thats why it came out a bit funny. Meh. I bet if I did it would look ALOT better.

Here are some tips for custom edits.

-When you mess up press ctrl+z. It will undo your mistake, but remember, it only undos 3 mistakes, so try not to push your self.

-NO-ONE IS PERFECT- Even I, a pro spriter myself makes mistakes sometimes, but remember, when you hit a wall, you step aside and move on.

-HAVE FUN! Spriting is a great way to kill time if your bored!

Guide Written by The_Box/Gbahole1

© To Navi Creator Network V4, or Area Zero Forums, not to be used on other websites unless permitted by me!

Not by me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    That looks VERY confusing.. lol

Thanks
    I didnt read every part, but isnt this basically just taking a sprite and re-coloring it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    That what it looks like to me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Yeah. Just for the beginners who would take a brush and try to recolour it retartedly.

I'll post another simple tutorial, hold on...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    lol i guess u gotta start iff somewere

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Yup. Anyone reading this please also refer to the other tutorial I posted here.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi,
    thanks a just too caught up in your own little world to admit it.just like you ignored my claims of you being a shitty host by saying negative and giving a silly explaintion

Thanks
    woah, BPK. Ur talking serious now. dang.

Thanks
    where can i get some of those Lil Wayne sprites?