Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Exclamation EVALUATE MY POSSIBLE RIG!

Sup, so in a few months my family and I are moving to a new house my dad's been building, and my dad had decided it's finally time to get rid of this prehistoric HP laptop. I'm, of course, planning my new rig already, but as I know junk shit about PC's, I've come to you, loyal MPGH'ers to fill up my knowledge. "Tell me everything you know and you won't die."

Peripherals:

Monitor 22'' LED SAMSUNG S22A300N LS22A300NS, 5ms, 250cd/m2, 5000000:1, D-SUB
    Keyboard GENIUS Gaming KB-G235, black, USB
    Speakers LOGITECH LS11, 2.0, black
    Mouse LOGITECH LS1, Acid black, laser, USB

Components:

Dust filter DIVERSE, aluminium, 92mm
    Power 600W, LC POWER Pro Line Series, ATX, v2.3, 135mm vent.
    Network Card PCI, D-LINK DGE-528T, 10/100/1000Mbps, for wired network
    Silencer SCYTHE SCDS-1000-L, self-sticking rubber for housing vibration reduction
    Housing COOLERMASTER Centurion 5 II, RC-502-KKN1, MIDI, black, no PS
    Memory PC-10666, 8 GB, G.SKILL Ripjaws X series, F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL, DDR3 1333MHz, 2x4GB
    Cooler ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 13 Pro, s. 775/1155/1156/1366/754/939/AM2/AM2+/AM3
    Proccessor AMD FX X4 4100 BOX, AM3+, 3.6GHz, 12MB cache, Quad Core
    HDD 1000.0 GB WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Green, SATA3, 64MB cache, 7200 spins/min
    Graphics Card PCI-E XFX AMD RADEON HD 6870, 2GB DDR5, HDMI, DualDVI, 2xDP
    Sound Card PCI, ASUS Xonar DG 5.1
    DVD+-RW LG GH22NS, 22x, SATA, Dual layer, black
    Motherboard ASROCK 990FX EXTREME3, AMD 990FX/SB950, DDR3, S-ATA, RAID, G-LAN, PCI-E, CrossFireX, SLI, eSATA, USB 3.0, ATX, S. AM3 / AM3+

Notes:
    #1 Keep in mind I'm a total noob at PC parts so anything you ask me will probably go down with an idiotic answer.
    #2 Tell me what I should change (or what doesn't fit/work together).
    #3 If you'd like something changed, give advice of another part, keeping the price difference reasonable.
    #4 All these parts would be completely new, not used.
    #5 The price I'd pay for all of these would be $1,435.59 (I don't know if the parts fit the price, read #1).
    #6 Tell me how long this rig would last untill I'd have to play new games at med-low specs.
    #7 Tell me wether current games are playable at max settings.

@Alen Let's see pro minds at work.

Thank you all in advance!
    Last edited by ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y; 02-29-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'll keep adding when I think of stuff.

First thing is first, I recommend you get a higher watt PSU. 700+ should suffice.

What fans come with the case? Are you planning on buying any extra ones?

Your case only has space for one additional fan. :\

@Chuck
    Last edited by Chester Bennington; 02-29-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I wouldn't use that processor. The reviews and statistics place the performance of most bulldozer CPUs almost equal and sometimes lower then regular Phenom II's. I would suggest going for the AMD x4 945 or 955; which are both really decent mid-range processors and would be better then the one you have listed. If you wanna spend an extra 50$ or so, you could go to a AMD x6 1090T. Phenom has really good performance to budget ratios. Bulldozer was a major flop tbh.

also @Chester Bennington is right about getting a better PSU, at least a 700w or maybe 750w. That way you can run a CrossfireX rig or update to a 6970.
    Last edited by P4N1K; 02-29-2012 at 08:11 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to P4N1K For This Useful Post:

ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (02-29-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Bennington View Post
    I'll keep adding when I think of stuff.

First thing is first, I recommend you get a higher watt PSU. 700+ should suffice.

What fans come with the case? Are you planning on buying any extra ones?
    Housing COOLERMASTER Centurion 5 II, RC-502-KKN1, MIDI, black, no PS
    Cooler ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 13 Pro, s. 775/1155/1156/1366/754/939/AM2/AM2+/AM3

This is all I see on cooling, but if it needs something more I'll be sure to add it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45 (B3) ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: Patriot G Series Sector 5 Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 2GB Video Card
    Case: Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

Unless you're planning to use multiple GPUs, etc, a 650W PSU should be adequate-- upgrade that a bit. With that price range, you might want to consider upgrading your CPU to something a bit better (are you looking at an AMD system?).. maybe an i5-2500 or with your budget, a i7-2600. You should definitely upgrade your GPU to at least a 6970.

You don't really need a sound card.. you wont notice any difference or you wont care. Invest the money in better performance.

Post back if you change anything.

EDIT: Do some research first. Try upgrading your specs as much as possible to meet your price range. Choose the CPU first, then MOBO, etc.
    Last edited by Analog65; 02-29-2012 at 08:27 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Analog65 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog65 View Post

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45 (B3) ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: Patriot G Series Sector 5 Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 2GB Video Card
    Case: Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

Unless you're planning to use multiple GPUs, etc, a 650W PSU should be adequate-- upgrade that a bit. With that price range, you might want to consider upgrading your CPU to something a bit better (are you looking at an AMD system?).. maybe an i5-2500 or with your budget, a i7-2600. You should definitely upgrade your GPU to at least a 6970.

You don't really need a sound card.. you wont notice any difference or you wont care. Invest the money in better performance.

Post back if you change anything.
    Well said but if he should upgrade his processor and GFX card then he should invest in a CPU that is more than 650+.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester Bennington For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Bennington View Post

Well said but if he should upgrade his processor and GFX card then he should invest in a CPU that is more than 650+.
    Yeah, a 700W PSU would be a good idea, but nothing more. If you mean 650$, an i7-2600K is way more than plenty.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    What are you going to do with your pc?
    Pure gaming?
    Multimedia?
    Mix?

Also, if gaming, what games and such.

Im not the pro-est at hardware and shit but i think the FX fails [i've seen many reviews/opinions] - swap it for a phenom II x4? or some shit, idk, ask Alen
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post

It's funny how everyone comes to MPGH with their problems

Fuck her and get it over with..
    Press that 'Thanks' button below this if I helped you in my post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    With around 1100€ to spend you can do far better imo.

> Screen

- HD (anything less nowadays is pointless)
    - okay specs, nothing special

> Mouse

- My fav budget mouse

> Speakers, headphones, keyboard etc.
    - get anything cheap from a local store

> Dust filter
    lolwat? Most cases come with a filter of a sort, it's pointless wasting money for extra shit. Just clean out your PC every now and then

> PSU

LC Power is a great budget PSU brand, though I opted for this one just because it was the first search result. Since LC Power is most likely cheaper, get it. You might want to look at a modular PSU if you want better cable management (this one isn't, but I'm too lazy to find one myself - you can google yourself).

> Network card
    Fuck that, use the integrated one

> Rubber padding
    lolwat[2]? Screw that.

> Case

Fuck CM, Core 3000 is my love for med towers.

> RAM

A bit better than what you picked, 1600MHz CL9 is the sweet price/performance spot imo

> CPU cooling
    I personally prefer either a Noctua NH-D14, Prolimatech's Mega Shadow or Megahalems with some fast fans (Kaze Jyunis are cheap and have great airflow), or a Tuniq Tower 120. LC-based solutions from Corsair are pretty cool too, such as the H100.

> CPU

Intel. You've got the money, go for it.

> HDD

Fuck power saving HDDs, go for something with performance. WD Caviar Black / Samsung Spinpoint F3 are my recommendations.

> GFX

No way will you buy anything less than a 6950 2GB for that kinda money. No way. You could even do better, but I don't really see the point in getting anything stronger right now. Oh and unlock it to the 6970.

> Sound card
    Unless you really need the sound amped or you're an audiophile, stick with integrated sound. Otherwise Sonar Essence STX.

> DVD drive
    You don't need it. Trust me.

> Mobo

Asrock's Extreme3 / Extreme4 boards are always a cheap way to get lots of good features.

Price for this stuff would probably come in the 1100 euro zone, depends where you get them. Prices listed are from mylemon.at, though you can get a better deal elsewhere (I just really love mylemon because the cart is displayed so nicely :3). The unlocked 6950 should perform pretty much as a 6970, so check benchmarks if you want a realistic view on performance. Needless to say you can expect to be playing most games on high quality and a HD resolution, though some more demanding titles might require you to lower the res a bit or lower the quality a bit if you want a constant 60+ fps.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    With around 1100€ to spend you can do far better imo.

> Screen

- HD (anything less nowadays is pointless)
    - okay specs, nothing special

> Mouse

- My fav budget mouse

> Speakers, headphones, keyboard etc.
    - get anything cheap from a local store

> Dust filter
    lolwat? Most cases come with a filter of a sort, it's pointless wasting money for extra shit. Just clean out your PC every now and then

> PSU

LC Power is a great budget PSU brand, though I opted for this one just because it was the first search result. Since LC Power is most likely cheaper, get it. You might want to look at a modular PSU if you want better cable management (this one isn't, but I'm too lazy to find one myself - you can google yourself).

> Network card
    Fuck that, use the integrated one

> Rubber padding
    lolwat[2]? Screw that.

> Case

Fuck CM, Core 3000 is my love for med towers.

> RAM

A bit better than what you picked, 1600MHz CL9 is the sweet price/performance spot imo

> CPU cooling
    I personally prefer either a Noctua NH-D14, Prolimatech's Mega Shadow or Megahalems with some fast fans (Kaze Jyunis are cheap and have great airflow), or a Tuniq Tower 120. LC-based solutions from Corsair are pretty cool too, such as the H100.

> CPU

Intel. You've got the money, go for it.

> HDD

Fuck power saving HDDs, go for something with performance. WD Caviar Black / Samsung Spinpoint F3 are my recommendations.

> GFX

No way will you buy anything less than a 6950 2GB for that kinda money. No way. You could even do better, but I don't really see the point in getting anything stronger right now. Oh and unlock it to the 6970.

> Sound card
    Unless you really need the sound amped or you're an audiophile, stick with integrated sound. Otherwise Sonar Essence STX.

> DVD drive
    You don't need it. Trust me.

> Mobo

Asrock's Extreme3 / Extreme4 boards are always a cheap way to get lots of good features.

Price for this stuff would probably come in the 1100 euro zone, depends where you get them. Prices listed are from mylemon.at, though you can get a better deal elsewhere (I just really love mylemon because the cart is displayed so nicely :3). The unlocked 6950 should perform pretty much as a 6970, so check benchmarks if you want a realistic view on performance. Needless to say you can expect to be playing most games on high quality and a HD resolution, though some more demanding titles might require you to lower the res a bit or lower the quality a bit if you want a constant 60+ fps.
    @Alen Okay, this is pretty much what I was looking for. I too like websites with good UI, it makes it esier to find sexy stuff. But my biggest problem is that this company probably has no stores in Croatia, and I can't seem to get my parents to pay with credit cards. Do these guys offer pay at delivery or something? Do they even deliver internationally?! I got all my shit from links.hr.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

PS how do I change the language of this fuckhead?

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

PS PS How big is the difference between i5 and i7 Intel CPU's?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Go with the 6970, not the 6950. Also, DO NOT save on the PSU... get something better.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Holy fuck. This price range is killing me. Croatian prices, drop!
    Last edited by ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y; 02-29-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    @Alen Okay, this is pretty much what I was looking for. I too like websites with good UI, it makes it esier to find sexy stuff. But my biggest problem is that this company probably has no stores in Croatia, and I can't seem to get my parents to pay with credit cards. Do these guys offer pay at delivery or something? Do they even deliver internationally?! I got all my shit from links.hr.
    Nope, you gotta pay first. If you don't wanna pay with your cc I'm pretty sure they accept bank transfers, which could be considered safer. They're 100% legit and deliver within Europe, you can check specific shipping rates on their faq page or w/e.

PS how do I change the language of this fuckhead?
    You can't, why? Don't know German?

Seriously though, it's not hard to get around even if you don't know German. If nothing else just tr

PS PS How big is the difference between i5 and i7 Intel CPU's?
    Too small to really notice when gaming. Definitely too small to warrant getting an i7 too. The i5 2500k is not only one beast of a CPU, but is unlocked to allow for quite a bit of ocing.

Go with the 6970, not the 6950. Also, DO NOT save on the PSU... get something better.
    Yet the unlocked 6950 routinely matches and outperforms the 6970 for some fucking reason. Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Unlocked to HD 6970 :: TweakTown USA Edition

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Too small to really notice when gaming. Definitely too small to warrant getting an i7 too. The i5 2500k is not only one beast of a CPU, but is unlocked to allow for quite a bit of ocing.
    If gaming is the main purpose for this, then an i5-2500K would probably be a better choice.. I use many very CPU intensive software therefore giving a better 'reason' for the 2600 (I have unlocked 2600K). If he doesn't plan to overclock, then a i5-2500 would be a better choice not to spend extra for something unneeded. With that budget, i'd still say go with the 2600.

Interesting article about the GPUs.. if this is the case, then a 6950 would be a better choice.
    Last edited by Analog65; 02-29-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    If gaming is the main purpose for this, then an i5-2500K would probably be a better choice.. I use many very CPU intensive software therefore giving a better 'reason' for the 2600 (I have unlocked 2600K). If he doesn't plan to overclock, then a i5-2500 would be a better choice not to spend extra for something unneeded. With that budget, i'd still say go with the 2600.

Interesting article about the GPUs.. if this is the case, then a 6950 would be a better choice.
    There is minimal, practically non-existent difference between the 2500 and 2600 when it comes to gaming. Definitely not worth paying for the 2600, since it will mean drastically lowering the quality of the other components.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast