Thread: MPGH COTM #3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

Mazes.. sounds interesting. Anything else yo have in mind, bush?
    Group building? I'd like to see some awesome collabs from the users, or perhaps a challenge map with extreme survival and limited time to build the best thing possible.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Group building? I'd like to see some awesome collabs from the users, or perhaps a challenge map with extreme survival and limited time to build the best thing possible.
    Would like a challenge map.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    some ideas that i found:

Epic Ships

Every decent Minecraft map/server needs at least one epic ship. Be it based off a video game model or an originally-constructed vehicle, there’s nothing quite as impressive as one of these bad boys.

For extra effect, use some mods to allow this ship to be fully functional!

Pixel Art Library

One of the many arts encouraged by Minecraft is pixel, and that can be seen in most maps around the world. But why stop at just a few characters? Try recreating an entire library of characters (you could even recreate an entire scene from a video game) in your world: if two heads are better than one, what are thirty?

Interactive Scenes

Don’t feel the need to stop at pixel art, either. Why not go the distance (and surrender your life) by recreating an entire scene from a video game or movie? Even with the help of some friends you’re looking at a long time building, but the results are incredibly amazing, so it’s always worth looking at.

Transport Infrastructures

The underground/tube/subway is a pretty useful thing. The whole railway things works wonders when it comes to moving from one place to another. Despite its setting in a somewhat primitive era, Minecraft allows use the use of rails, making infrastructure for fast transport not only possible, but quite easy to create and maintain.

The best way to do this is to have multiple stations and link them all with a few separate lines. By doing this, you’re making creation of new areas much easier.

Once again, a few mods here cant further enhance the experience - including some which boost minecarts and others which stop them; fantastic for stations.

Cities

Street lights flickering on every street, ultra-modern skyscrapers blocking your view of the night sky. This creates a surreal feeling in the real world, which can also be achieved in Minecraft. Building an entire city is incredibly satisfying and seems to fill your world with a sense of bustling activity.

Gigantic Castle

Given the availability of different blocks in this game, it should come as no surprise that most buildings are either houses made from wood, or castles made from cobblestone. But castles are supposed to be magnificent, imposing and luxurious - three things most Minecraft castles are not

There should be plenty of work put into one of these. Guards towers should dominate the boundaries of the buildings, giving you a good view of surrounding landscapes and potential threats. There should be a high number of rooms: a master bedroom, living area and servants’ quarters all come stock-standard with this type of building, and how you fill the remaining space is completely up to you!

Redstone Devices

Redstone is one of the most versatile concepts in this title. It can be used for nearly any purpose, so studying its uses is a must if you want to truly have the coolest stuff around.

Once you have grasped the basics, you’ll be able to move on to more adventurous projects. Something like a TNT cannon is daunting at first, but is cool and only the beginning of what one can achieve with this electricity-like substrance. Someone has already had success building a fully functional computer - why not go one better and build a gaming console playable within Minecraft?

Traps!

Using your acquired knowledge of redstone (above), you should have no problems building traps. What happens after an enemy is trapped is up to you, but placing traps around your buildings will prove invaluable in the process of protecting your property.

Venice

With boats floating down the beautiful canals; floating buildings joining the stars in the night sky and wonderful sights like the Rialto Bridge, Venice is one of the most lively and desired destinations on the planet, and rightly so. However in many attempts by the Minecraft community, the magic of this place has not yet been captured in block-form.

Imagine this: automated music-boxes imitating gondola operators, blaring out the tune of That’s Amore! Boats float around on their own and players can pick any one they want in order to tour the city as they will. After getting mobbed in a dark water-alley by a zombie, you sit down to some traditional Italian mushroom stew in order to recover hearts.
    Mechanically-powered Rubik's Cube

Many times in this game we have seen coloured wool used to create a Rubik’s Cube, but only one which is stationary and does nothing more than please the eye. But can you picture a real, solve-able Rubik’s Cube which uses the recently-added pistons to provide players with in-game entertainment like no other?
    Animations

Also reliant on the newly-implemented pistons feature is this nifty idea which will completely reinvent the way players look at the game. Pixel art is not new in this building game, but now we have the ability set up entire animations with an efficient set up, so why not give it a go?

Interactive games

The game-within-a-game paradox has been done many times before, but not yet in Minecraft. While on basic things can be achieved at the moment, there’s no denying that pistons could play a role in creating an entirely new level of interactivity in the game. Could you imagine playing Pacman but running away from creepers, instead of ghosts? With enough thought and planning, this may already be possible!

Bouncing Buildings

Party time? Why not rock your buildings in Minecraft using pistons to ensure all your guests have a good time! Throw in some flashing lights using pistons and torches and you’re all set.

Pokedex

Perhaps one of the most extreme and lengthiest projects we’ll ever suggest, this creation would be a replica of the device seen in the popular Pokémon series, only mega-sized. An underground network of pistons and pixel art would have you push a button to scroll through each of the 649 Pokémon in existence. Brave enough to tackle this RSI-inducing task?

Bridges

We’ve seen bridges which infinitely produce concrete and extend their length automatically, but that’s SO March! Why has nobody made bridges with pistons so that they raise and lower themselves in order to let water-traffic through? If you want to be sneaky, try hiding your wiring in the frame and support-beams of your bridge.

Self-exploding Creeper idols

Creeper idols are old news. But with pistons, it’s possible to have one whose body parts go flying, only to reassemble. For extra effect, have it stand alongside a building which also takes some damage. If you think you’re efficient with all the elements of redstone, this project may be one for you!
    But wouldn’t it be worth it to see a giant Creeper explode and not ruin all your hard work!?!

Game world

Building a level from your favourite game or even the entire game world is nothing new, but it is a concept which continues to amaze all us game nerds around the world. The possibilities are endless, and just about any game world can be reproduced in beautiful block form. Not to mention, the addition of several awesome redstone components has made it possible to bring to life all the mechanics from a given title.
    Heck, why not jump on our server, Gibson, today, and build us part of your favourite game, of any era.

Television

Given that a functioning computer has already been built, there’s no denying the possibility of connecting a complicated back end with coloured wool to create a television! It wouldn’t be easy, but if we have learnt anything since Minecraft’s birth, it’s that players will go to extraordinary lengths to do something new!
    Be creative as possible with traps: cacti, TNT and pitfalls have been overused to death, so try something new!

Just make sure you don’t trap yourself when setting traps up!
    Last edited by tzele; 03-17-2012 at 03:29 AM.
    Positions:
    Minecraft Wiki Editor: 27/1/2013 - ...
    Badges:

Leecher: 0 ✔
    Choob: 25 ✔
    Newbie: 50 ✔
    Member: 100 ✔
    Advanced Member: 150 ✔
    Dual-Keyboard Member: 250 x
    Expert Member: 500 x
    Bobo's Trainer: 750 x
    MPGH Expert: 1000 x
    Synthetic Hacker: 1250 x
    Blackhat Hacker: 1500 x
    Whitehat Hacker: 2000 x
    Bobo's Guardian: 2500 x
    Upcoming MPGHiean: 3000 x
    MPGH Addict: 3500 x
    MPGHiean: 4000 x
    MPGH Knight: 4500 x
    MPGH Lord: 5000 x
    MPGH Champion: 5500 x
    MPGH King: 6000 x
    MPGH Legend: 6500 x
    MPGH God: 7000 x
    MPGH God II: 7500 x
    MPGH God III: 8000 x
    MPGH God IV: 8500 x
    MPGH God V: 9000 x
    Arun's Slave: 9500 x
    Dave's Slave: 10000 x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

Would like a challenge map.
    now i wanna make a challenge map maze
    TROLL MATH
    14 posts per thread per hour, even at 1 thread an hour in 5 hours, general trolling time, thats 70 posts, and seeing as i try to run it at about 3 threads at a time, then i can make 210 posts in a day which means in 10 days i could be back to where i am if i started a new account, lol so in theory in a month id have 6k posts, in 2 months id have 12k, in 3 months 18k, in 4 months id have 24k and i could have the highest post count on the forum

14*3*5*10*3*4=highest post count on the forums in 4 months

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by RedThunder View Post

now i wanna make a challenge map maze
    I'm sure you could whip up something neat bush. lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    so are you still letting him decide, it almost seems like hes stalling
    Last edited by RedThunder; 03-17-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    TROLL MATH
    14 posts per thread per hour, even at 1 thread an hour in 5 hours, general trolling time, thats 70 posts, and seeing as i try to run it at about 3 threads at a time, then i can make 210 posts in a day which means in 10 days i could be back to where i am if i started a new account, lol so in theory in a month id have 6k posts, in 2 months id have 12k, in 3 months 18k, in 4 months id have 24k and i could have the highest post count on the forum

Thanks
    so are you still letting him decide, it almost seems like hes stalling
    Now now let's not jump to conclusions.
    And hopefully he'll pick a suggestion soon. @Jack

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Sorry guys. I've been busy with robotics for the better part of the week. Uhm, if texture packs are too hard, I kind of like the ships idea. Make your biggest, best ship. It can be flying, floating, diving, whatever. Again, I apologize on my late response. Good luck to all!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    thats gonna take a while, not many ppl are gonna do it, or if they do theres gonna be 1 thats just amazing and a bunch of so so designs
    TROLL MATH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Im DOWN WITH THIS SHIT.......DAMMMIT, my latest build is 4 days old and i just did the walls, rules says must have 5 screens showing steps.... DAMMIT
    Oh Well, I'll try to start a new one.... hmmm

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Sorry for bumping this thread.
    I know you minions will choose the "thing to build".
    But I think a Castle will be very awesome, because everybody can do it.
    Just a wanderer from the beginnings of this site.
    An old Combat Arms' sections active member and hacker (just what I thought when I was a child).

My IM doesn't work. Send me a private message instead.

Name changes:
    bruno2204
    The Rev.
    BioHuman
    Element™

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by BioHuman View Post
    Sorry for bumping this thread.
    I know you minions will choose the "thing to build".
    But I think a Castle will be very awesome, because everybody can do it.
    jack picked boats as the theme didnt he
    TROLL MATH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

jack picked boats as the theme didnt he
    lolol I haven't see.
    So OK ;D
    Last edited by Templar; 03-24-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Just a wanderer from the beginnings of this site.
    An old Combat Arms' sections active member and hacker (just what I thought when I was a child).

My IM doesn't work. Send me a private message instead.

Name changes:
    bruno2204
    The Rev.
    BioHuman
    Element™

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12