Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

# 1 Weapon Balance Suggestions [Release, Easter]

Quick Summary of Weapon Systems.

Assault Rifle - It has been considerably nerfed since Open Beta. However, to say it is under powered now, IMHO, is over-exaggerating the problem. It lacks the range it once had, and it cannot compete with the Burst Rifle -- the reason being is the total Damage Per Second output it has. All around, it is still usable. EDIT: In relation to the Burst Rifle, the Assault Rifle is now the underdog.

Balancing Ideas as follows -
    With all due sincerity, I would suggest giving it slight initial hipfire buff, and major max hip fire buff. The range needs to be at default, 75/140. Minimum damage being 30 at any given range. Damage drop-off needs to be far more severe.

Burst Rifle - Without a doubt, this has Overpowered written all over it [see what I did there?]. It deals far too much Damage Per Second, and has a ludicrous hip firing, and silly max Aim Down Sight spread. You can two-burst every build in the game. If you want to win, you have to use it. Reminds me of wannabe console MLG pros on Halo and CoD. Two major nerfs are needed, with one trait remaining intact.

These are -
    Reducing the Base Damage to 51 and Max to 56. Severely nerfing the Max Hipfire Spread, and adding a much longer burst-delay when it is being hip-fired (optional). It should, however, keep the 3-shot laser grouping for the first burst. This is what gives accurate agents a benefit on the battlefield, yet it should start gaining huge spread when being spammed. Minimum damage at any given range should be randomly between 20 and 18 It isn't meant to be an assault rifle.

Combat Rifle - It's like your friendly neighbourhood pest. Some say it is the most Overpowered thing in the game, but it is truly a skill-based weapon. Most MLG/eSL try-hards will never use it due to it not being spammable. However, it shines in the accuracy and range department. It does need two small buffs to make it far more friendly to those who've sworn never to buy it again.

These are -
    Increasing the Base Damage by 8, and giving it a Max of 99 damage. It should most certainly keep the first-shot spread as 0, but it should have the next shot as 0.10, adding only 0.4 per shot. It should be a laser. Finally, a small range buff by atleast 10 and a minimum damage of 70 per shot would make it very popular. Also, a 2.15x headshot multiplier would encourage accuracy.

SMG - easily the best CQC weapon in Blacklight, in the right hands. It lacks the long-range muscle and it should be so. It spits bullets in a very predictable recoil pattern, and is extremely noob friendly. It only needs a few small buffs to make it shine.

This is -
    Add at the very least, 49/100 range as default. The initial shot should have a spread of 0.15, so that it doesn't make it feel unreliable. The minimum damage needs a severe buff, atleast 25. The reason being, it feels as if rounds lack any punch at range, and you should be able to annoy enemies at range [but not kill instantly] to bring them closer. Why would they come closer if they know you will barely hurt them at range. EDIT: Possible small hipfire buff.

I would love to discuss the Bolt-action and LMG and HAR (please remove the first shot donkey-kick recoil) -- but with all due respect for Zombie, I feel they're perfectly balanced.

The secondaries need no discussion, except for the fact that Machine Pistol and Shotgun SECONDARIES need severe run nerfs, because they are primaries on their own. The option to use the Shotgun/MP as a primary should be given, and with this small buffs such as damage and ammo capacity, nothing more.

Miscellaneous Balances-
    The HE grenades needs a max damage of 99 and an increased radius.
    The frag grenade should stay as it is.
    The Heal Injector should have an near-instant replenishment when healing teammates, and finally it should be available as LEVEL 1!
    The Barricade when deployed should start to open up after 1000 points of damage.
    The Explosive Ammo should increase respawn timing by 4 seconds, and decrease revival time by 1.5 seconds. You CAN be revived.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT MISC. NERF, the Special Ammo needs to have a VERY slow burn in time so that players can heal.

Thanks
    I know what nerfed means. What do you mean by buff? have a better explanation of what your talking about, please. What file are you modifying to do this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doucherag View Post
    I know what nerfed means. What do you mean by buff? have a better explanation of what your talking about, please. What file are you modifying to do this?
    Buffed as in the developers gave the weapon(s) more damage.
    Nerfed as in the developers gave the weapon(s) less damage.

Thanks
    and anything changed?