Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    its not a matter of religion its in the person it self... we are human beings, we are all the same, but different beliefs. so i say respect each other...lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bri62042788 View Post
    its not a matter of religion its in the person it self... we are human beings, we are all the same, but different beliefs. so i say respect each other...lol
    So hypothetically speaking let us say therebis a religion that revolves around killing random people in the street, the entire religion is based around murder, and people follow it because it is "their belief", should we accept that? If someone does not murder random people are they truly a believer of said religion? No, the entire debate here is based around one person trying to sanctify something that is purely describe in his holy text as violent, meanwhile attempting to throw a rebuttal one after another towards us with insults. If anything, you should tell the "believer" to accept the fact that we do not believe in his shotty religion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    We should not talk about religions

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KratosPower View Post
    We should not talk about religions
    Then you're in the wrong section bud.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

So hypothetically speaking let us say therebis a religion that revolves around killing random people in the street, the entire religion is based around murder, and people follow it because it is "their belief", should we accept that? If someone does not murder random people are they truly a believer of said religion? No, the entire debate here is based around one person trying to sanctify something that is purely describe in his holy text as violent, meanwhile attempting to throw a rebuttal one after another towards us with insults. If anything, you should tell the "believer" to accept the fact that we do not believe in his shotty religion.
    People generally take what they want from the religion.(what reflects their own beliefs).

In the torah/old testament, God pretty much says "commit genocide because that piece-o-land is yours". But jews typically don't reflect that in their lives.

Same thing with most other religions, there is usually a certain part which they avoid because it does not go along with their pre-existing views. Islams war for example. Most muslims don't believe that part simply because it does not reflect what they think on the subject.

:/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

People generally take what they want from the religion.(what reflects their own beliefs).

In the torah/old testament, God pretty much says "commit genocide because that piece-o-land is yours". But jews typically don't reflect that in their lives.

Same thing with most other religions, there is usually a certain part which they avoid because it does not go along with their pre-existing views. Islams war for example. Most muslims don't believe that part simply because it does not reflect what they think on the subject.

:/
    It's sad because it really shows they have no character. They're willing to blindly believe something a man started as most likely a con without question and don't even fully fulfill (IMO) their obligations to said blind following. If you ask me, that makes that person a pussy, but you are right my friend, sadly people do this and still attempt to throw out what little intelligence they have when someone is against their beliefs.

Tl;dr= y'all are pussies (excluding Empire and a few select others).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

It's sad because it really shows they have no character. They're willing to blindly believe something a man started as most likely a con without question and don't even fully fulfill (IMO) their obligations to said blind following. If you ask me, that makes that person a pussy, but you are right my friend, sadly people do this and still attempt to throw out what little intelligence they have when someone is against their beliefs.

Tl;dr= y'all are pussies (excluding Empire and a few select others).
    It's the Holy Book equivalent of quote mining. Just cherry pick the ideals, and morals that fit with your character, and offload everything that contradicts that as metaphorical narratives for the people of that time. Blind hypocrisy at its best.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (08-19-2012)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345