Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

The Big Bad Team Battle [Voting Thread]

Thanks for participating everyone.
    A 3 man vote team will choose the winners.
    Forgive me if I volunteer you for the act, but we need your expertise.

@Matt
    @+dd.Shift
    @pain

Are the 3 we decided were best fitted to judge this battle.
    Anyone else feel free to post opinions and what not, but the 3 judges have the final word.

Team ETHALICRW:

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/DSC_4307.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i597.photobucke*****m/albums/tt55/Domesplitter/3wayherp2.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://www.**********/image/1984781/7hLn6.png[/IMG]

TEAM DOCERORY:

[IMG]https://i868.photobucke*****m/albums/ab249/xSkriim/dark_planet_crop.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i1114.photobucke*****m/albums/k538/ImminentJM/startedandwasliekwaitandthenicontinuedandfinish.pn g[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/acid.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Feels good to be one of the titans again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ethereal (01-25-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    IMO TEAM DOCERORY won

overall quality was lot better

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I don't care who wins, seeing how damn awesome all through pieces are is amazing. Return to glory days!

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrcrw View Post
    I don't care who wins, seeing how damn awesome all through pieces are is amazing. Return to glory days!
    Couldn't agree more. That and going against a good team makes you work harder..
    I shit canned like 3 tags before going with the one entered. Anyway, I'm pretty impressed with everyone's work.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    fuck, these are all really good

and im not sure how to judge photography.. zzz
    [IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/blackorbs_zps443616a7.png[/IMG]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to +dd.Shift For This Useful Post:

ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (01-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'll try my VERY best at what I deem fit to win.

Eth's Team

1. I'll just say I know that there were things that were out of your control to take this picture, but I still have to slam it for the things in it.The two poles in the water look weird and out of place. If they weren't there, it would look a lot more amazing. Technically, you could have tried to do it in PS, but it might have either fucked it up, or make it look even more amazing. If you were trying to preserve the way you only used the camera to take this, then fine. That speck in the middle, slightly to the left, is also annoying my slightly. It MIGHT look a bit more plain without the pole and speck, or it might look better. I can't tell at this point. Nevertheless, it's a good shot. The colors blend very well together and give it a really refreshing look with the slight orange and the coolness of the photo makes it all that much better. The rocks in front make the photo less empty, so that's a good thing.

2. If you were going to replicate both sides together, and only have one side B&W, it would have been a good idea to keep them both symmetric. The smudges at the bottom make it slightly odd, since the rest of the piece is symmetrical. The coloring is good, yet they don't go together all that well. Some parts of it have complimenting colors, others had odd colors. Pixely, I can't argue about that, except I could ask for a bigger sized piece. The actual art in it, however, is well done. The birds, skulls, maybe not the multiple triforces as much, but still greatly done.

3. Well, shit. Never seen anything like this before, so it's hard to question it. Placement of everything is pretty well done. Blending could use work, such as those wires near his legs. They don't look like they're supposed to be there. A closer look to it shows it. The green patch beneath it is really making it so I bash it more. Why is it there? Why is it just a big bulging patch of light green? I question it. The colors in general of this piece is really great. Transitions go well, colors are something I've never seen done before oddly enough, and it really intrigues me. I like it.

Doc's Team

1. Like I said before, the lights that hit some points of the piece just doesn't look like it should be there. Even if it should, it looks very unnatural. The first thing that I look to, is the upper left. I know that's not the focus of it, but for some reason, that's just where my eyes are headed towards. Since that's where it's going, I take a closer look. The smoke effect looks really weird in this kind of theme. Space stocks, yes, there's smoke and stuff, whatever that fog is, but this looks like something you'd get from on the Earth. Ignoring the rest of those facts, it's a great piece you did. It feels like I'm in space, and the rocks seem very naturally done. That's a big plus in your favor.

2. Blurry. Lighting is good, but too many sparkles everywhere. Text, unlikeable. It's not the best you've done.

3. This is great and all, but not the best either. Colors, composition, depth, all fine and great. It does, however, seem cluttered. It's as if I'm trying to see the whole picture instead of just a section as a focus, with the others as background of some sort.

I got lazy at the end here.

I'm going for ETHALICRW.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousArt
    And I've been doing photoshop work for a very long time, and I've never heard of BLANE.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (01-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thank God I'm not in the voting team, this is hard as fuck.

Team ETHALICRW:

I like the tags, especially the middle one, but what bothers me is the broken symmetry, like Matt said.

The last tag is fine, but my eyes are like all over it. It's chaotic! Oversharpened in places where it shouldn't be.

As far as the LP goes, I was expecting some Illy awesomeness from Jimmy. The photography is fine, but it was supposed to be something more WOW-ish for a Big team battle, IMO.

Team DOCERORY:

I've stated my opinion in the showroom about the LP; too much negative space and too blurry, despite the efforts the artist may have put in it (which I respect).

The middle tag is my favourite in the whole battle, but the text is weird, like really really weird. It's sharpened decently, but slapped on a weird spot because the background looks blurry and it's just not eye pleasing.

Last tag is good at first sight, but details missing as I try to analyze it further. Missing blending spots on the left of the render (around the gun). The mixture of quality is weird where the render looks completely anime and the background is half animated and half realistic. Looks like one of those "slap a render onto the background and go" kind of tags. At least in my eyes.

I too, go for Team ETHALICRW. (Not that my opinion is valued, though)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    C'mon Shift. Give us what you got.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Dicks .
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousArt
    And I've been doing photoshop work for a very long time, and I've never heard of BLANE.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keroaplt For This Useful Post:

ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (02-01-2012),Nitehawk772 (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Did all three of you (per team) make the thing by yourself? Or did everyone in the team work on it ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    Did all three of you (per team) make the thing by yourself? Or did everyone in the team work on it ?
    Individual pieces.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Individual pieces.
    Thanks for the clarification.. who made this ? [IMG]https://i868.photobucke*****m/albums/ab249/xSkriim/dark_planet_crop.png[/IMG]

It's fuckin' epic.

(lol sorry, i didnt check the entry thread so )

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post

Thanks for the clarification.. who made this ? [IMG]https://i868.photobucke*****m/albums/ab249/xSkriim/dark_planet_crop.png[/IMG]

It's fuckin' epic.

(lol sorry, i didnt check the entry thread so )
    I did .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast