Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

IW's ban tool no longer active - we are kinda safe again.

UPDATE: A new Beta of this tool has just been released, i don't know if it works 100% and actually reports people, I will make a new thread soon.

As stated by the creator of the report tool:

Hello reporters and other MW3 players,

I've decided to stop the reporting tool. This isn't an easy decision for me, but I have to be honest and tell you that I can no longer guarantee that Infinity Ward will handle your reports. Any reports that were submitted in the past two weeks have not been viewed by Infinity Ward and probably won't be.

The tool started as a nice little experiment for MW3sa, the server admin, where a centralized ban list would be used to ban known hackers and cheaters. I did some research and found out a way to handle these reports by getting them from the theater, and wrote some code for it. A few days later I saw a post on the Steam forums about a certain Ban Candy, and I decided to mail her about working together against cheaters.

She loved the idea and a first version of the tool was released. A lot of players started to send reports, Candice would view all of them and ban those who were cheating or hacking. We saw a nice drop in the amount of cheaters, we improved the tool's workflow even more and even more cheaters were banned.

However, things change rapidly at Infinity Ward. Because of all the reports, BanStache joined the team and we had two people handling the reports. At that point I got the feeling that Infinity Ward wasn't reading the reports anymore. But I kept sending them, hoping that I was wrong. A third IW employee was added to the team, BanWarden, but the reports kept queueing until at some point no report was received by them anymore.

Right now, not a single report has been received by IW in 16 days. Because of all the rapid changes in IW's team (oh, and Candice got promoted to another team), I gave them some extra time to start receiving them again, but that was a week ago and I haven't heard anything from them yet. I decided to tell the community they should stop sending reports, as Infinity Ward isn't going to look at them anyway.

The last report that IW received was on April 26th. Since then, more than 12500 reports have been sent. All of those are still in a queue, waiting for IW to receive them, but it's unlikely that IW will be doing that.

People, stop sending reports. We did a great job at the start, many cheaters have been banned, but it's over.

Thanks for reading,
    Tom / Xifon
    Now the only way to report is to email them.

This still counts:

VAC is not the only thing we should be afraid of, this is easier to evade though and BanCandy is not especially active. 5-10 daily bans world-wide as far as i can see. They are getting more and more active though.

BanCandy is an employee from Infinity Ward (the developer of MW3) that is capable of banning people if she has evidence in form of a video. BanCandy is now IW's official manual banner. There has been other ways to report MW3 cheaters, but fourzerotwo has stated that all reports should go to BanCandy and her new workmate called Banstache.

BanCandy is not booster/cheater hunting themselves.

Anyone can record a killcam or take footage from theater mode, send it to them and you will probably get banned.

If you see someone called BanCandy join your game, you should stop hacking or leave. It does not really matter if it is them or not, because BanCandy bans are manual. It can be someone that is cheater/booster hunting and records footage of them.

If you have emblem/title/stat hacked to obviously hacked stats you can reset your stats and be lucky. They might ban for resetting stats too though. So if you wanna be sure don't edit your stats to unrealistic numbers.

If you think someone has recorded you while cheating, you should leave and change name as fast as possible and hope the person didn't get your steam profile. If you change name fast enough he doesn't know who is you in his recent players

This also counts on consoles. It is not possible to change GT/PSN though.

UPDATES: This is now what her twitter says: "Infinity Ward Security in MW3 against cheaters. My workmate Banstache will also take your reports!"

BanCandy got promoted to another team, it is now BanStache and BanWarden.

BanCandy bans are NOT VAC bans
    Last edited by Nachos; 06-04-2012 at 11:33 AM.

The lines in my Steam are i's

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nachos For This Useful Post:

hochikage (05-14-2012),Larity2056 (05-21-2012),Nexrus (05-15-2012),pDevice (05-14-2012),Ruffy2 (05-13-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Well, can anyone point me to where it says BanCandy and the other guy stopped ban people?
    Because of what I see, they just stopped the Ban Tool. (Like they will still do it like they did from start.)

And from what I also know, they focus most on consoles. Since there is the money earn.

Contributor 01.27.2012 - N/A
    Donator 07-17-2012 - Current
    Editor/Manager 12-16-12 - N/A
    Minion 01-10-2013 - 07.17.13
    Former Staff 09-20-2012 - 01-10-2013 / 07-17-2013 - Current
    Cocksucker 20-04-2013 - N/A

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jorndel For This Useful Post:

hochikage (05-14-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post
    Well, can anyone point me to where it says BanCandy and the other guy stopped ban people?
    Because of what I see, they just stopped the Ban Tool. (Like they will still do it like they did from start.)

And from what I also know, they focus most on consoles. Since there is the money earn.
    If they don't handle reports from the tool they probably don't handle any at all. The other way is to send them an e-mail and i think that was what the tool did, send them an e-mail.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nachos For This Useful Post:

hochikage (05-14-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
    If they don't handle reports from the tool they probably don't handle any at all. The other way is to send them an e-mail and i think that was what the tool did, send them an e-mail.
    What I found:

EDIT:

That seems for me, it's still risky.
    We have others that is using their time on reporting hackers.

Even without the tool.
    Last edited by Jorndel; 05-13-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Contributor 01.27.2012 - N/A
    Donator 07-17-2012 - Current
    Editor/Manager 12-16-12 - N/A
    Minion 01-10-2013 - 07.17.13
    Former Staff 09-20-2012 - 01-10-2013 / 07-17-2013 - Current
    Cocksucker 20-04-2013 - N/A

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jorndel For This Useful Post:

hochikage (05-14-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    What I found:

EDIT:
    I see. I edited the thread, now the tool is no longer active but e-mail reports still exists.

And added the old info too.
    Last edited by Nachos; 05-13-2012 at 10:31 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nachos For This Useful Post:

hochikage (05-14-2012),Jorndel (05-13-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I got a few friends who play on PS3 and I was told by them that as soon as a report was made the ban will come even sooner and you are correct they do focus more on Consoles because that is where the most money is made where most people on PC even with video and picture taken most reports aren't even look at and the cheater, hacker, and booster are still able to play till this day not to mention on PS3 if you are using a trainer/unlocker and someone has proof that you are using it you will get ban proven fact lol

Rights and Equalities for the people...true justice for all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 34thca For This Useful Post:

Jorndel (05-13-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I've a friend on computer who tell me that he was banned on MW3 but he can still play (Vac ban)..
    I think, and i'm not really sure that ban candy etc will still ban with e-mail, but what type of "screen" can they send to him ?
    A high score ? Just need to be skilled.
    A shoot throught wall ? Just need a UAV.
    A osprey with 4 kill ? A lucky package.
    So many guy a little bit ... moron say cheater for a lucky boy.(sorry for the moron, but it's the truth no ? ^^)
    i don'tk know how did they ban and on what he bases their bans..
    Last edited by hochikage; 05-14-2012 at 03:49 AM.
    When you heard a sound, you're die.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    thats bullshit i just got banned like 20min ago

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hochikage View Post
    I've a friend on computer who tell me that he was banned on MW3 but he can still play (Vac ban)..
    I think, and i'm not really sure that ban candy etc will still ban with e-mail, but what type of "screen" can they send to him ?
    A high score ? Just need to be skilled.
    A shoot throught wall ? Just need a UAV.
    A osprey with 4 kill ? A lucky package.
    So many guy a little bit ... moron say cheater for a lucky boy.(sorry for the moron, but it's the truth no ? ^^)
    i don'tk know how did they ban and on what he bases their bans..
    Obviously they're using a little more, which is a youtube video/the .demo file of the game including your alias (that of course is not in the .demo file) and your steam id.

Thanks
    Update
    Okay, so IW called me today and I think (know?) the tool is going to come back soon We're working to streamline the process even more, in order to get even more people banned than before I'll keep you updated

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by KillTheHack View Post
    Update
    Okay, so IW called me today and I think (know?) the tool is going to come back soon We're working to streamline the process even more, in order to get even more people banned than before I'll keep you updated
    I will of course make make a new sticky/edit this if they activate the tool again.

Everyone feel free to post updates about this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Well Bancandy posted on reddit a couple days ago saying this "Hey, everyone. First, I wanted to say thank you again for all of the reports that you have been sending me. We are catching a ton of cheaters! BanStache and I have been non-stop at work banning these guys, so I have little time to respond anymore.

In light of my workload (and lack of visibility to you guys), I'd like to ask that you start submitting reports to my buddy Excellenze. He's an IW Community Enforcer, and he's agreed to taking on the momentous task of collecting reports from you guys and shoving them all into one big list for me.

Again, thanks for all the support. Keep it up, and we'll keep getting the cheats out of MW3."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    This is not that good news, Cuz BanCandy is a smart player or "BanTool" As I call her, I decided to play CoD 8:MW3.
    But I'm similar with these bans, I am banned on MW, MW2 :S, Because of laming/flaming.. But Pretty soon I will be on MW3 Also :S
    Last edited by SanderSwift11; 05-25-2012 at 04:42 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderSwift11 View Post
    "BanTool" As I call him,
    BanCandy is a girl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast