Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Post Ban System Controlled Test Results (May 21st, 2012)

Here are my personal ban test results.

Hacks used:

Nico's .dll (VinPub93)
    Metaject

System:

Windows 7 64-Bit

Test subjects:

Account #1
    Level 21
    Created prior to patch
    Hacked successfully without ban before patch

Logged on, started running maps, noticed system delay, kept running, game crashed, banned.
    I ran approx. 5-10 maps prior to ban, and used killall/ohk very frequently.
    Was banned after running the same map (Dethrone the white tyrant) very quickly, and multiple times.

For the lulz.

System delay screen.

Ban message.

Account #2
    Level 11
    Created after patch
    Created to purposefully get banned

Created character, ran maps 1-5, got to map "Friends?" and started repeating it, banned after 3rd repeat.
    Map completion times ranged from 2-3 minutes and I received the system delay every time.

System Delay.

Same ban message.

Account #3
    Level 10
    Created after patch
    Created to purposefully get banned

Created character, ran entire perilous ruins series (9 maps) without repeating any maps, logged out, banned.
    The ONLY thing I used on this character was KillAll, I also purposefully went slow to show longer battle times.

System delay.

Same ban message.

This concludes my testing for now, if you find something, please post it here and I will add it.

It seems nexon has stepped up their ban game, It is my person belief that they are using multiple methods of detection to catch both botting and hacking, and that this is not the only way they're doing it. It seems to me that they're more prone to ban suspected botters. Prior to this update it was unlikely to get banned prior to level 30 or so. I've been able to get a lv. 21, and a lv. 11 banned using repeatable results. Therefore it is my guess that it is going to be harder to get around getting banned for the time being, I do not suggest using main accounts with the current hack detection system, unless playing completely legit.

Possible things to avoid:

Running the same map quickly, multiple times in a row.

Running maps extremely quickly (under 3 minutes)
    Using ohk and god mode frequently as opposed to killall (as this gets the run ranked)

I hope this information helps, the more we can all figure out about the new ban systems the more we'll be able to avoid them.

Note: Thank you to The408 for running controlled tests along with me

Last edited by ik1ng; 05-22-2012 at 04:55 AM.
    "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Einstein

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to ik1ng For This Useful Post:

aberius (05-24-2012),Busterinabox (08-09-2012),centraldogma (06-02-2012),Chee12 (05-22-2012),ckdlskgkdrhd (06-07-2012),CrossingLines (05-22-2012),DarkDoug (05-24-2012),Ethree (05-22-2012),evieology (05-23-2012),EvilSaruna (05-22-2012),groovystar (05-23-2012),harteiei (06-07-2016),HaxAttaxxx (05-22-2012),Icarurs (07-16-2012),JGS (05-22-2012),jLoo (05-22-2012),loveundermytail (09-03-2012),magicb0y (05-22-2012),mason95 (05-22-2012),MCMXCIX (01-15-2013),midnight_2128 (05-22-2012),razernw (07-18-2012),skuo (07-16-2012),The408 (05-22-2012),TitaniasEtsu (05-22-2012),Vindicatus (05-22-2012),WarGreymon (05-22-2012),Zordonzig (05-22-2012),_Soma (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    lol interesting, i'm just going to stick to playing legit, and making bot accs. no way do a want to lose my main again. Good luck with your research i'm sure others will appreciate the time you're putting into this

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    This is not good. Did some runs a long side Ik1ng and what I did was run Contract 4 times, each time taking about 9 to 13min. System delay message never shows, logged out, BANNED. Account had a botted lvl 65 that used a very slow leveling method prior to the patch. Ran Contract 4 times using same method...poof.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The408 For This Useful Post:

ik1ng (05-22-2012),Vindicatus (05-22-2012),WarGreymon (05-22-2012),Zordonzig (05-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by The408 View Post
    This is not good. Did some runs a long side Ik1ng and what I did was run Contract 4 times, each time taking about 9 to 13min. System delay message never shows, logged out, BANNED. Account had a botted lvl 65 that used a very slow leveling method prior to the patch. Ran Contract 4 times using same method...poof.
    uhhhhhhhhhh...... shit.......
    guess i'm done with hacking lol. Time to find a new hobby

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethree View Post
    lol interesting, i'm just going to stick to playing legit, and making bot accs. no way do a want to lose my main again. Good luck with your research i'm sure others will appreciate the time you're putting into this
    Probably the best idea for now, I'm not touching my main personally. Thank you, will be posting my findings as I find them.

Quote Originally Posted by The408 View Post
    This more or less confirms the theory, thank you for your help. My worry is that this isn't the only way they're detecting what we're doing. Going to try to find more methods of getting banned from here.
    "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Einstein

Thanks
    :O Could Nexon Na be taking hacking as seriously as Nexon Korea now?
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleuserconten*****m/-2mhYwvrrFYs/TYWT-Bg-6PI/AAAAAAAAARM/khuTJxUqQu0/s320/tumblr_ku2f2t1Y9p1qaqo0wo1_400.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    I used the new dll to run a few raids on my main acc. I ran them very quickly and used all 3 commands and was banned shortly after.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    :O Could Nexon Na be taking hacking as seriously as Nexon Korea now?
    It seems so, yes. I've seen at least 5-10 people report getting banned shortly following this latest vinpub/HS update. Running a map multiple times seems to be a culprit, but there could very well be more. Just made a 3rd account to test with, will post my results.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    I'm still running my own set of tests. Only have 2 more accounts before I run out, so...it might be up to other people to figure it out. Will post back with my findings.

Thanks
    I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents on this topic. Feel free to ignore me completely if I don't look reliable based on my account stats.

I pretty much just ran 2 daily raid runs on my main account before I was banned by Nexon. I didn't get the server delay message during gameplay.

1st run was The Evil One, just had godmode on, and used killall after 6 minutes.
    2nd run was Betrayal, only had godmode on, after 20 minutes or so I used the killall function.

I logged out after the 2 runs, relogged 5 minutes later and was banned.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Junghi View Post
    I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents on this topic. Feel free to ignore me completely if I don't look reliable based on my account stats.

I pretty much just ran 2 daily raid runs on my main account before I was banned by Nexon. I didn't get the server delay message during gameplay.

1st run was The Evil One, just had godmode on, and used killall after 6 minutes.
    2nd run was Betrayal, only had godmode on, after 20 minutes or so I used the killall function.

I logged out after the 2 runs, relogged 5 minutes later and was banned.
    Thanks for your input, we are working on figuring out what to avoid while playing with the new .dll as we speak. It seems as though there are multiple newly instated triggers that result in a ban, we've figured out one so far, will add others as we can find them. The key is to find something repeatable, that way we know that the specific action results in a ban.

In regards to your ban I have a couple of questions, was this a newly created account, one created prior to the patch, or one unbanned from the patch? What level were you banned at? Was your character wearing armor and a weapon? Thanks again, any information we can get on this will help us combat this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ik1ng For This Useful Post:

tcgnet (07-07-2012)

Thanks
    I bet this new ban stuff has to do with the fact that we can't do this now
    "cc_send_start_game_message
    cc_change_start_game_message"

or for dewdew's console, it was
    "a_boat_start
    a_var_is_quest_ranking_shown 0"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ik1ng View Post
    Thanks for your input, we are working on figuring out what to avoid while playing with the new .dll as we speak. It seems as though there are multiple newly instated triggers that result in a ban, we've figured out one so far, will add others as we can find them. The key is to find something repeatable, that way we know that the specific action results in a ban.

In regards to your ban I have a couple of questions, was this a newly created account, one created prior to the patch, or one unbanned from the patch? What level were you banned at? Was your character wearing armor and a weapon? Thanks again, any information we can get on this will help us combat this.

My account was actually completely legit up to level 60, started using hacks to level up after that, currently 66. It was created over a year ago (way before the patch), and was never banned before. Had all my eq on during both raid battles and was done in private.
    Tried to keep everything as normal as possible even before the recent patch, I leveled through 61-66 pretty slowly, about a level every few days and never in public.

I'm not too sure what other info I can provide you, but hope this helps

Thanks
    Just thought I would mention that Nexon is monitoring these forums, so anything you post will not only inform us, but also them. If you come up with a solution they will know to block it
    Last edited by paukun; 05-22-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Junghi View Post
    My account was actually completely legit up to level 60, started using hacks to level up after that, currently 66. It was created over a year ago (way before the patch), and was never banned before. Had all my eq on during both raid battles and was done in private.
    Tried to keep everything as normal as possible even before the recent patch, I leveled through 61-66 pretty slowly, about a level every few days and never in public.

I'm not too sure what other info I can provide you, but hope this helps
    I have concluded my third test and posted the results, it seems as though they are in fact detecting the use of the KillAll command as well. My guess is that once your account has been flagged, it's only a matter of time. Since It's effecting all sorts of accounts, from new to old, level 10-level 60, it must relate strictly to in-game actions and not account stature. Thanks again for your input, it is my hope that people will be able to put different pieces together and conduct their own tests so that we may conclude how to avoid the new ban systems.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ik1ng For This Useful Post:

Busterinabox (08-09-2012),CrossingLines (05-22-2012),Junghi (05-22-2012)

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast