Thread: .Wz Editing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

.Wz Editing

Hi, ik theres problably like 3 guides out their about wz editing so 1 more cant hurt right? =) I really hope this can help all you beginner wz editors to get a background of what wz editing is and how it works so lets start = )

Chapters :
    1. Introduction
    2. Basic
    3. GFX
    4. Stats
    5. Movement

Chapter1 | Introduction

Wz Editing Is Hard to learn but once you get it youll look back and be like that was so easy! =) Okay Seriously now
    .wz editing is a big thing if you mess up or accidently delete an important part of it your maplestory might lose a feature or you will DC when you encounter it. So you must be careful.

Chapter2 | Basic

Wz editing is almost like entering the files and changing what you want although some things are "Server Sided" which means only the owner of the files can edit them.

Lets Start, 1st youll need a .Wz editing program I Use HaRepacker 4
    So To Start off practicing you should try to find a maplestory private server and either ask to wz edit or hide it =) anyways
    Lets start by editing a simple .wz file so lets start with speed.
    Here is a small tutorial on how to edit the speed

Open Up HaRepacker (Maplestory Must Be Closed During Wz Editing)
    Then click on the load .wz button and search for the file named Map.wz and load it
    then go to physics i believed thats what its called and double click on it you should see many options like
    swimspeed jumpspeed gravity walkspeed all that go down to walkspeed and select it the normal speed should be 250 i think...
    now go up to the property tabs and click Change Property and Change it to 350 or any number but sumtimes higher then 600 will lag you or dc you. Okay now click save .wz file and go replace it with ur old Map.wz and their your speed is edited!

Chapter3 | GFX

GFX stands for Graphics which is pretty much like image so what you can also do in .Wz editing is change the look of a skill or item, Although doing that takes a long time if your covering up a whole new weapon so you need the stab movement, the stand, the alert, heal, swim all that. But editing a chair with no Movement is easy. What you will need to do this is Photoshop I cannot supply a crack for that im very sorry because the crack i use i cannot share strictly im very sorry. But here is a small tutorial on what you can do to change the GFX.

Start By Opening Photoshop or whatever image editor you use.
    Take the image from the .wz file and edit it to however you want just make shure its still named the way it is and also the same img type like .png .jpg w/e it was before.
    Replace the image by going into the image part of the ID (example. 01329512) and Change the property of it. In the window that pops up go to the image section and change it to the image that you just created.
    Then do what you did in Chapter2 and Save it Their you go! You Have a edited skill or item or w/e you edited =)

Chapter4 | Stats

By Stats i mean weapon speed, damage of a skill, how many attacks all that cool stuff! now stats is a harder part to wz edit because some servers disable wz editing idk how... but they do so if they didnt here is a little Tutorial on how to wz edit Stats

Assuming you already opened HaRepacker, Load the wz file called Character.wz
    Find The ID For the item you want to edit the stats on from BannedStory.
    After getting the ID search for it in the section if its a weapon, nx, cape, shoe, etc.
    Select the ID after you have found it and open it up and go into the "info" selection.
    Then you should see some stuff like levels, jobreq, lukreq, dexreq, intreq, strreq, all that. Select One that is called Hit Count or something. Then change the property number to any number you like but i recommend under 10.
    Now go to Weapon Speed And Set To 1, Even though you think 1 should be slow its the fastest.
    Then if you would like to edit Damage. Go to Level and go to the max level which is either 30 or 20 assuming the private server has skillmaxer and edit that levels damage %. If say its teleport or something go to the Level and change the distant so instead of 150 make it 600? youll be faster then FJ! And Remember Save It! Replace it!

Chapter5 | Movement

A Skills Movement can sometimes be slow but now! you can make it faster then ever! Read the small tutorial on how to do that =)

Load the .wz file called Skills.wz
    Get The ID From Banned Story Like before and select it in Harepacker
    Here comes the hard part or time consuming if the skill has alot of animation it might take more time then needed to speed it up so, open the ID and look for the "info" again and look for the section that says effect (im pretty sure thats what its called. =D )
    you should see alot of different images of how the animation works so youll needx to open every one of them and set their delay to how slow you want it the higher the number... The slower it goes the lower the number.... the faster it goes... just remember if a GM catches you doing this he might report you so stay aware and Have Fun!

The End

I hope this really helped incase anyone was curious on .wz editing ik it might be bad cause i was in a hurry and my friend wondered how to wz edit so here it is uhm if you like it please press thanks i will edit this when i have the time but unfortunately im busy right no so stay safe, Have Fun!, Watch Out! =)
    Last edited by Hexicidal; 05-28-2012 at 10:04 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hexicidal For This Useful Post:

giza123 (05-28-2012)