Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post

Oh you actually purchased that z32? How's it? I was planning on possibly buying my brothers z32 which is up for sale after he let it go 5 years ago, we're both surprised it's showing up; or I just get an s13 or s14 and rebuild it. Hmmm

The thing about Honda's is that the lower trims and the higher trims (DX up to Type R) aren't totally different from what i've learned. Honda's have so much potential but a Nissan in my opinion can go beyond a Honda's maximum for less of a cost. Honda's are like toys, i'm starting to wish I started off with a Nissan but still appreciate the reliability, durability and mileage of my Civic.

Looks like a better choice of the 3 would be the 350z still considering the price of the aftermarket support compared to the S2000 . The s2k would be fun to have though, makes Shayne be more of an individual in his area and fulfills his long-running hopes. Why settle for less when you're already going to throw in so much money.

It's fantastic man! I bought an old junked one, so far I've swapped the engine with an LS1 (saving for an LS9), and buffed out the paint. They ride smooth as hell, but you need to swap the suspension because the handling will be shit until you do. I got coil-overs and lowered her so only my pinky fits in the wheel well, got Kumho Ecsta KU22 tires, and a new Makimoto radiator. She performs like a champ, and the gear changes are flawless after I replaced the gearbox.

If you're to go different, go with the S14. The firewall is already pushed back far enough to drop a bigger engine in it with room to spare, plus they look SEXY AS HELL with a lip kit. I'm sticking with a duraflex body for my z32.

Honda's are good for learning, and some of the older civic's can haul ass, but the amount of work and money needed to do so is ridiculous. I completely agree, Nissan starts you off with more bang for your buck to work with, rather than needing to do a complete overhaul under the hood. Hell, Honda's engines aren't that great even after you bore them out

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Jabuuty671 (06-21-2012)

Thanks
    Sorry to steal your thread Doc! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    lots of words here and there
    I think you meant Mishimoto radiator? lol. From what i've heard the z32's handling has so much work from the ECU behind it so drifting on a stock z wouldn't be so easy. Could be wrong.

Agreed, just saw some nice footage on fatlace.com from a local s14 with an s15 front-end conversion, check it out.

Yeah, Honda's are good, s2000's are on a separate level though being FR. Most other Honda's are just commuter vehicles, not sporty; hell even the Prelude is more of a grocery getter than a sports coupe.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    option 3 but dayum, thats gonna be expensive

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Get a 2000gt like a boss.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Nissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWDNissan 350Z (Coupe) - 2 Seater RWD

GET IT SHAYNE.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"]

You'll love it on a road course. And don't listen to these scrubs saying "HONDA FIT TYPE R HERPDADERP". They're only saying Honda because of Fast and the Furious The type R makes people look like tools But dat 350z got style
    The Type was from a pure practicality stand point with it being 4 seater and all.

Oh you actually purchased that z32? How's it? I was planning on possibly buying my brothers z32 which is up for sale after he let it go 5 years ago, we're both surprised it's showing up; or I just get an s13 or s14 and rebuild it. Hmmm

The thing about Honda's is that the lower trims and the higher trims (DX up to Type R) aren't totally different from what i've learned. Honda's have so much potential but a Nissan in my opinion can go beyond a Honda's maximum for less of a cost. Honda's are like toys, i'm starting to wish I started off with a Nissan but still appreciate the reliability, durability and mileage of my Civic.

Looks like a better choice of the 3 would be the 350z still considering the price of the aftermarket support compared to the S2000 . The s2k would be fun to have though, makes Shayne be more of an individual in his area and fulfills his long-running hopes. Why settle for less when you're already going to throw in so much money.

It seems the 350Z will be the obvious choice for now. I'm also thinking I could get an S2000 later down the road once they're cheaper, and I'll turn it into a track car (not for drift though, the front end geometry is no good for it).

It's fantastic man! I bought an old junked one, so far I've swapped the engine with an LS1 (saving for an LS9), and buffed out the paint. They ride smooth as hell, but you need to swap the suspension because the handling will be shit until you do. I got coil-overs and lowered her so only my pinky fits in the wheel well, got Kumho Ecsta KU22 tires, and a new Makimoto radiator. She performs like a champ, and the gear changes are flawless after I replaced the gearbox.

If you're to go different, go with the S14. The firewall is already pushed back far enough to drop a bigger engine in it with room to spare, plus they look SEXY AS HELL with a lip kit. I'm sticking with a duraflex body for my z32.

Honda's are good for learning, and some of the older civic's can haul ass, but the amount of work and money needed to do so is ridiculous. I completely agree, Nissan starts you off with more bang for your buck to work with, rather than needing to do a complete overhaul under the hood. Hell, Honda's engines aren't that great even after you bore them out
    I intended to put an LS1 in the S2000 if the engine ever shot through. I've seen people do conversion and the end result was pretty awesome. It was either going to be an LS1 or a 2JZ, both turning the S2000 into a high torque, all RPM, powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Samonella View Post

wow super spam
    I don't see any spam. He told me his opinion which is a contribution unlike your posts. Your post is more spam than his.
    Last edited by Doc; 06-21-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Austin (06-21-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Samonella View Post
    wow super spam
    mad ****** piece of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The Type was from a pure practicality stand point with it being 4 seater and all.
    eugh, really?

Thanks
    Sorry to steal your thread Doc! :P

I think you meant Mishimoto radiator? lol. From what i've heard the z32's handling has so much work from the ECU behind it so drifting on a stock z wouldn't be so easy. Could be wrong.

Agreed, just saw some nice footage on fatlace.com from a local s14 with an s15 front-end conversion, check it out.

Yeah, Honda's are good, s2000's are on a separate level though being FR. Most other Honda's are just commuter vehicles, not sporty; hell even the Prelude is more of a grocery getter than a sports coupe.
    Yeah my bad I work in hardware and have to stare at a big "Makimoto" sign all day . And you're right, without doing a complete overhaul of the suspension the handling is absolutely horrendous.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345