My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

I was only quoting you to laugh at the fact you said dumbness
    Ooh well yeah couldn't find a diffrn't word

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Oh my God. The title of this thread is simply the funniest joke I have heard in this website. Bravo.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Nathan For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-29-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by maximon555 View Post
    I work at my Father's computer shop.
    Ok so lets take that for example.

You want everyone to be paid the same, as you working in the computer shop. If you advance in your job, such as owning the shop or another shop, or even onto a totally different job: You are paid the same.

So my question here is: Do you think that everyone should be paid the same amount as you, even if they work more or work less?

i.e. 30 hour work week to a 70 hour work week?
    -------------

What about heavy lifting? What about just driving? What about people that need training? What about higher management? What about people who start their own business? What about slackers?
    --------------------------------

I guess the point here is that: the market value of a job is the best model.

Sorry but just because someone got laid off, doesn't mean we shouldn't pay doctors the same as a walmart greeter.

You need to go read about economics. Then come back.
    Last edited by Empire; 07-29-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks
    Everyone can say all Americans are fat and stupid but in reality, we have some of the most brilliant men living here and where I live (California) the majority of the people are not fat. You can point out all of the flaws of our government but when we point out your country's flaws you start denying them. You can't say we are stupid because pretty much our whole population is made up of people from all over the world including your country. I know for a fact I wouldn't live anywhere else besides the United States. In California we have amazing weather and I don't plan on leaving it any time soon.
    Occult
    استكشاف عقلك

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Occult View Post
    Everyone can say all Americans are fat and stupid but in reality, we have some of the most brilliant men living here and where I live (California) the majority of the people are not fat. You can point out all of the flaws of our government but when we point out your country's flaws you start denying them. You can't say we are stupid because pretty much our whole population is made up of people from all over the world including your country. I know for a fact I wouldn't live anywhere else besides the United States. In California we have amazing weather and I don't plan on leaving it any time soon.
    You can find amazing weather in other countries, this isn't exclusive to the US. And I'm pretty sure they would be less corrupt, and maybe even safer.

Other countries do have flaws, yes. EVERY country does, not a single one doesn't. But the US has more than almost every other country.

Personally, if I had to chose anywhere to live, it would be Sweeden. They protect their internet rights like hell, are one of the least corrupt countries in the world, AND...Sweedish chicks are hot. ^_^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Ok so lets take that for example.

You want everyone to be paid the same, as you working in the computer shop. If you advance in your job, such as owning the shop or another shop, or even onto a totally different job: You are paid the same.

So my question here is: Do you think that everyone should be paid the same amount as you, even if they work more or work less?

i.e. 30 hour work week to a 70 hour work week?
    -------------

What about heavy lifting? What about just driving? What about people that need training? What about higher management? What about people who start their own business? What about slackers?
    --------------------------------
    I guess the point here is that: the market value of a job is the best model.

Sorry but just because someone got laid off, doesn't mean we shouldn't pay doctors the same as a walmart greeter.

You need to go read about economics. Then come back.
    What i meant is that if everyone do the same job they should receive the same amount of money,example an illegal immigrant get paid less than their "legal" counterpart and both are working for the same company and both do the same job.A South African miner earn less than Australian miner who did less job. The profits earn are the same and the minerals are sold for the same price on the international market.

According to a report released by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development indicates that income inequality has increased in almost every developed country in the last 30 years, and has continued to rise since the global financial crisis.

https://www.oecd.org/newsroom/society...orsaysoecd.htm

So if the free market system works so well for every income level, why inequality keeps rising with capitalism working more efficiently than ever before?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    First off, the reason a South African miner earns less than an australian is simply the worth of money.
    -In other words the dollar is worth different amounts at different places. The dollar isn't worth the same amount everywhere, there are exchange rates and so on. Just like if i go to a rich neighborhood, the food is automatically more expensive. Why? because they can afford more. Minimum wage is different everywhere in the US, but thats because of their own economy and what is right. If you made everyone have the same wage, many small business would go bankrupt and lay people off.

*sigh* I guess you don't get it.

What you are suggesting would make people get laid off, not make more jobs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    First off, the reason a South African miner earns less than an australian is simply the worth of money.
    -In other words the dollar is worth different amounts at different places. The dollar isn't worth the same amount everywhere, there are exchange rates and so on. Just like if i go to a rich neighborhood, the food is automatically more expensive. Why? because they can afford more. Minimum wage is different everywhere in the US, but thats because of their own economy and what is right. If you made everyone have the same wage, many small business would go bankrupt and lay people off.
    A South African miner earn less than an Australian due to labour exploitation,an Australian miner earn like US $80,000(76,318 AUD) a year and a South African miner earn like US $1300(10,664 ZAR) a year,since the price of minerals in the international market is in US Dollars and base salary is determined by market pay rates for people doing similar work both miners should earn the same.The salary should be determined by the market pay rates,how much a person can earn for the company,but that's never gonna happen.
    I see why transnational corporations such as Nike and Gap Inc. resort to child labor and sweatshops in third world countries,to pay their workers wages far lower than those that prevail in developed nations.

*sigh* I guess you don't get it.

What you are suggesting would make people get laid off, not make more jobs.
    I guess that's why income inequality keeps rising.

Thanks
    The value of a dollar is worth more/less in different countries. Your argument is not sound that Africans make less per US dollar, as the value of 1 USD is worth MORE in most African countries than in Australia. As or work exploitation, that only comes to be when African militias take control of a mine, an in then they don't pay the miners at all, they let them live and their families live if they work in the pits. Those who do mine for diamonds usually end up selling them in small sub-cities to collectors for 2-500 a pop depending on the purity of the diamond after it will be polished and cut. And that 2-500 figure is in USD. From the villagers I've talked to over there, there is no real "mining career", it's if you find diamonds, good for you, if not, tough shit.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

And if you think the US is corrupt and do not live in Jersey then come here, if I had the money I would gladly stay in the US and live in Cali or Colorado, or fuck any western state. This state by itself is what makes me hate our gov't for ALLOWING the shit that goes on here, I've been happy as fuck when in basically any other state (except NY, fucking tobacco is way too expensive).

If you want to learn corrupt, come here as drive a nice car, you'll be pulled over twice a week. As soon as they get to know you be ready for them pulling you over no matter what you drive, making up lies to get their quota, ad te judges pushing it through. Be ready to see cops beat people if they so much as talk back, and then say the DRV tape went missing, and your case is turned against you without evidence. Be prepared for guilty as long as a cop says so.

People who don't live here act like Jersey is full of it an ld this shit doesn't happen until they move here. Then they usually tell me how amazed they were being profile by a cop the first day here. Shit sucks. You don't know corrupt unless your black in NYC (stop n' frisk) or if you live here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    The value of a dollar is worth more/less in different countries. Your argument is not sound that Africans make less per US dollar, as the value of 1 USD is worth MORE in most African countries than in Australia. As or work exploitation, that only comes to be when African militias take control of a mine, an in then they don't pay the miners at all, they let them live and their families live if they work in the pits. Those who do mine for diamonds usually end up selling them in small sub-cities to collectors for 2-500 a pop depending on the purity of the diamond after it will be polished and cut. And that 2-500 figure is in USD. From the villagers I've talked to over there, there is no real "mining career", it's if you find diamonds, good for you, if not, tough shit.[COLOR="Silver"]
    So thats why transnational corporations go to third world countries to increase profits by exploiting the people that work in sweatshops. Workers are hired as cheap labor since the dollar value there is higher.These companies export our work to other countries where they may as well keep the jobs here.Now i see why the income inequality is increasing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maximon555 View Post
    So thats why transnational corporations go to third world countries to increase profits by exploiting the people that work in sweatshops. Workers are hired as cheap labor since the dollar value there is higher.These companies export our work to other countries where they may as well keep the jobs here.Now i see why the income inequality is increasing
    Exactly The standard hourly rate for a Nike sweatshop worker is 1.25 USD an hour, for anywhere around 10-14 hours a day, no overtime or anything you get over here. It feeds the people for the year, but that's about it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/

Lets all follow the blame train. As much as I am bored to death of the conversation on "inequality", its really nothing more than trivial.

Its like you JUST found out about international trade.

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Everyone has their own opinions. There is NO greatest country in the world because every single country is best in it's own ways. You can say they're all equal in a weird way.
    [IMG]https://i1179.photobucke*****m/albums/x386/gaara4life12/asdasd.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by fingernig View Post
    Everyone has their own opinions. There is NO greatest country in the world because every single country is best in it's own ways. You can say they're all equal in a weird way.
    in what way is America equal to the Congo

i must know what this "weird" equality is.
    [IMG]https://i565.photobucke*****m/albums/ss95/raphaterz/268713_251040024922933_251038344923101_1074261_315 5911_n.jpg[/IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/dirtynig

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast