Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic!

This, is a MLP: FIM thread for all you bronies out there, I just know there's a few out there in the MPGHiverse.

My favorite pony is Pinkie Pie because she's carefree and awesome.

DISCUSS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trhim For This Useful Post:

Evanatorthefirst (07-27-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Favorite is rainbow dash.

Like the show and animation, but can't really consider myself an avid fan or brony since i've only watched a couple of episodes.
    ---------
    Its a lot better than it used to be thats for sure.
    ----------

Its got nice animation, a solid VA crew, and its creators love to leave lots of stuff for the fans.(which is actually pretty rare sadly enough). The show was originally intended for children but now its pretty broad spectrum of who it can appeal to. Although the toys on the other hand are a bit much for any older men to be purchasing for themselves, I'm ok with older MLP:FiM fans as long as they don't become too creepy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Evanatorthefirst (07-27-2012),trhim (07-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Favorite is rainbow dash.

Like the show and animation, but can't really consider myself an avid fan or brony since i've only watched a couple of episodes.
    ---------
    Its a lot better than it used to be thats for sure.
    ----------

Its got nice animation, a solid VA crew, and its creators love to leave lots of stuff for the fans.(which is actually pretty rare sadly enough). The show was originally intended for children but now its pretty broad spectrum of who it can appeal to. Although the toys on the other hand are a bit much for any older men to be purchasing for themselves, I'm ok with older MLP:FiM fans as long as they don't become too creepy.
    I have my little sister buy them for me.
    What can I say? I just need a rainbow dash by my side.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'll just leave this here:

(Oh, and for the record I have no problem with the show. It's the disease of a fan-base that gets to me.)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotbud123 For This Useful Post:

Evanatorthefirst (07-27-2012),Lehsyrus (07-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I'll just leave this here:

(Oh, and for the record I have no problem with the show. It's the disease of a fan-base that gets to me.)
    Sir, you are generalizing. I'm 14 and I have non-brony friends.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by trhim View Post
    Sir, you are generalizing. I'm 14 and I have non-brony friends.
    He shouldn't be generalizing thats for sure.(given the naruto fanbase and its history.)

Compared to most other fanbases the MLP fanbase is quite tame and there are far less creeps in them than other fanbases.
    -------------

Bronies are probably one the chillest fanbase around. On average they don't spam/promote their show everywhere, any haters are just told "the shows not for everyone", and they don't argue too much.

The thing is the western media hasn't ever experienced anime fans or otaku. They find 1 creepy guy and all of the sudden everyone in that fanbase is a creepy guy.
    (Try asking someone who doesn't watch anime what their opinions are on anime, its shocking).

If people find fans of this show creepy ask yourself this:

1. Does this show focus on cute actions every episode? Nope.
    2. Does this show have any little girls on it? Nope.
    3. Does this show have a good moral message on it? Eyup.

Western media has no idea what the moe genre is, what otaku are, and what REAL creepy fans are.
    (AKB48, figurines, stalking voice actors/idols, hell the whole moe genre, and just tons of creepy shit that i now know thanks to the internet).

Guys purchasing a $20 plastic pony at target are nothing to worry about.(now the brushes might be another story).

I'd rather have another 100 bronies than another fugly naruto cosplay or some retard running around with a plastic headband.
    Last edited by Empire; 07-27-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    You sir are a grade A moron

He shouldn't be generalizing thats for sure.(given the naruto fanbase and its history.)

Compared to most other fanbases the MLP fanbase is quite tame and there are far less creeps in them than other fanbases.
    -------------

Bronies are probably one the chillest fanbase around. On average they don't spam/promote their show everywhere, any haters are just told "the shows not for everyone", and they don't argue too much.

The thing is the western media hasn't ever experienced anime fans or otaku. They find 1 creepy guy and all of the sudden everyone in that fanbase is a creepy guy.
    (Try asking someone who doesn't watch anime what their opinions are on anime, its shocking).

Western media has no idea what the moe genre is, what otaku are, and what REAL creepy fans are.
    (AKB48, figurines, stalking voice actors/idols, hell the whole moe genre, and just tons of creepy shit that i now know thanks to the internet).

Guys purchasing a $20 plastic pony at target are nothing to worry about.(now the brushes might be another story).

I'd rather have another 100 bronies than another fugly naruto cosplay or some retard running around with a plastic headband.
    You sir are a grade A moron

[img]https://i515.photobucke*****m/albums/t358/panterita23/Dividers/50.gif[/img]

[img]https://i515.photobucke*****m/albums/t358/panterita23/Dividers/50.gif[/img]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Evanatorthefirst For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-27-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanatorthefirst View Post
    You sir are a grade A moron You sir are a grade A moron
    Don't worry, I know how to handle haters.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

-------------

Naruto is a shonen, a.k.a it's aimed at teenage boys. Thanks, I like something aimed at my age group and gender, vs liking something aimed at 5 year old girls.

No, they're not more tame, it's actually the fucking opposite.
    ------------------

No, they're not the chillest. They DO spam\promote their show everywhere, most haters get decimated, and they argue with everyone. For fuck sakes they shut down a Fox news station just because they were asking why grown men would like a show aimed at 5 year old girls (a very valid question).

There's a lot more than ONE creepy guy in the MLP fanbase, more than 3\4 of the fanbase is "creepy".
    Yeah, there's idiots everywhere that will hate on anything they don't like for no reason, but this doesn't even begin the justify bronies.

OK, let's ask ourselves that with ACTUAL answers now:

1. Yes, it does. For fuck sakes it's targeted towards 5 year old girls, of course it fucking does.
    2. /facepalm No it doesn't have any little HUMAN girls, it's based around ponies. But it does have pony girls.
    3. What moral message? Be friends? Wow, some fucking message. (Also, this coming from the hypocritical ****** "Empire" that said I'm a moral fag for liking Naruto's determination.)

Yes, fully grown males buying 20$ plastic ponies is something to worry about, even if the brushes are worse.

Naruto cosplay>Pony cosplay. And I'd sure as hell rather have someone wearing a fucking headband than some stupid MLP shit, at least the headband looks fucking cool, is about pride, and is from a show aimed at teenage boys. A much better thing for TEENAGE BOYS and GROWN MEN to like than something aimed at 5 YEAR OLD FUCKING GIRLS.

I honestly can't believe you're defending bronies, you make me fear for humanity Empire, GG.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 07-27-2012 at 10:34 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scotbud123 For This Useful Post:

Evanatorthefirst (07-27-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Naruto is a shonen, a.k.a it's aimed at teenage boys. Thanks, I like something aimed at my age group and gender, vs liking something aimed at 5 year old girls.

------------------

No, they're not the chillest. They DO spam\promote their show everywhere, most haters get decimated, and they argue with everyone. For fuck sakes they shut down a Fox news station just because they were asking why grown men would like a show aimed at 5 year old girls (a very valid question).

There's a lot more than ONE creepy guy in the MLP fanbase, more than 3\4 of the fanbase is "creepy".
    Yeah, there's idiots everywhere that will hate on anything they don't like for no reason, but this doesn't even begin the justify bronies.

1. Yes, it does. For fuck sakes it's targeted towards 5 year old girls, of course it fucking does.
    2. /facepalm No it doesn't have any little HUMAN girls, it's based around ponies. But it does have pony girls.
    3. What moral message? Be friends? Wow, some fucking message. (Also, this coming from the hypocritical ****** "Empire" that said I'm a moral fag for liking Naruto's determination.)

Yes, fully grown males buying 20$ plastic ponies is something to worry about, even if the brushes are worse.

Naruto cosplay>Pony cosplay. And I'd sure as hell rather have someone wearing a fucking headband than some stupid MLP shit, at least the headband looks fucking cool, is about pride, and is from a show aimed at teenage boys. A much better thing for TEENAGE BOYS and GROWN MEN to like than something aimed at 5 YEAR OLD FUCKING GIRLS.

I honestly can't believe you're defending bronies, you make me fear for humanity Empire, GG.
    *Clears throat*
    PREEEPARE TEH CANNUNZ

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

------------------

WHO'S MOANING ABOUT WHAT BAD AND NOT NOW? LIL BITCH, YOU THINK YOU SAY SHIT TO EMPIRE LIKE GTFO THIS THREAD IF U GON HATE BUT LOOK WHO'S DOING THE SAME SHIT.

You need to take your own fucking advice.
    [IMG]https://i1179.photobucke*****m/albums/x386/gaara4life12/asdasd.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    First off trhim, evant is scotbuds little butt boddy. All he does is come in a thread and flame.(I personally believe he's an alt of scotbud's).
    -All you have to do is go to their profile and push *add this user to ignore list. Its simple and effective. They won't bother you anymore. Since all evantor does is come in and flame, its best to put him on the ignore list anyways.

Secondly lets tone down the memes.

--------------------------

Scotbuds hatred for MLP is pathetic though i'll give you that.
    I'm kinda shocked at scotbud's reaction honestly. Given that he hates them for what the majority of people hate naruto fans for its kind of.....ironic? Spamming, arguing, and liking a show with kid-themes generated towards a much younger audience. Just kind of shocking really, that he hates MLP so much but doesn't realize the similarity.(hey at least MLP cosplay produces some hot chicks.)

I guess its because its "for girls". Does that make a difference somehow? Eh. Its really just in how open you are to watch a show with pink in it.
    -------------------------

Anyway on the topic of this thread: this is the typical reaction you will get for posting MLP. People hate it because they don't understand it and think its ridiculous that you watch a show generated for kids.

The problem here is that flaming them back does nothing. There is no real response or debate that will get them to stop hating, they came in the thread already with the intention to hate so I doubt they'd leave without the same intention.

Simply said: Just ignore them and move on.

MLP(recently) is a great franchise imo. Its fans love the show and the authors love the fans. They give several things in there just for the fans and the fans take that and make more with it.

^_^ Its always good to see a fanbase being productive and with a generally happy attitude. Not too many fanbases have that these days.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by trhim View Post
    Still here? Thought you left already, you much have alot of time.
    You're not doing anything productive by replying to my EVERY REPLY.
    Implying anything you said is productive to anything....
    You're still here as well, what's your point brony?

First off trhim, evant is scotbuds little butt boddy. All he does is come in a thread and flame.(I personally believe he's an alt of scotbud's).
    -All you have to do is go to their profile and push *add this user to ignore list. Its simple and effective. They won't bother you anymore. Since all evantor does is come in and flame, its best to put him on the ignore list anyways.

Secondly lets tone down the memes.

--------------------------

Scotbuds hatred for MLP is pathetic though i'll give you that.
    I'm kinda shocked at scotbud's reaction honestly. Given that he hates them for what the majority of people hate naruto fans for its kind of.....ironic? Spamming, arguing, and liking a show with kid-themes generated towards a much younger audience. Just kind of shocking really, that he hates MLP so much but doesn't realize the similarity.(hey at least MLP cosplay produces some hot chicks.)

I guess its because its "for girls". Does that make a difference somehow? Eh. Its really just in how open you are to watch a show with pink in it.
    -------------------------

Anyway on the topic of this thread: this is the typical reaction you will get for posting MLP. People hate it because they don't understand it and think its ridiculous that you watch a show generated for kids.

The problem here is that flaming them back does nothing. There is no real response or debate that will get them to stop hating, they came in the thread already with the intention to hate so I doubt they'd leave without the same intention.

Simply said: Just ignore them and move on.

MLP(recently) is a great franchise imo. Its fans love the show and the authors love the fans. They give several things in there just for the fans and the fans take that and make more with it.

^_^ Its always good to see a fanbase being productive and with a generally happy attitude. Not too many fanbases have that these days.
    One of my best friends is a brony, I've heard the same fucking song and dance over and over and have had plenty of time to formulate my opinion on it. So no, I'm not going to change my opinion, especially with the lack of arguments you two drones have.

The MLP fanbase is the worst in existence, you're the only non-brony I've met to ever defend it, but then again you'll white knight just about anything just to dis-agree with people. I didn't flame one bit until your little brony over there started (typical and expected as it was from him) I provided actual arguments, not the same can be said for you two. You tried at least, but you still failed, like usual.

Naruto and MLP aren't even remotely comparable...one is a show with an actual plot, the other is "be friends herp derp". (Not to mention at least Naruto is a lot cooler, action and etc. vs "friendship canons"...lol)

There's plenty of hot chicks that do Naruto cosplay, most of the adult females that like MLP are fat sack of shits, so I wouldn't be talking if I were you.

"It's fans love the show." Gee wilikers Batman! I never would have fucking guessed. You mean, people LIKE things that they LIKE? They are fans of things that they enjoy? Holy shit! Stop the press! "The author lovers her fans."? Wow, you mean she ACTUALLY likes something that makes her money, who the fuck would have guessed.

Yes, it being for girls makes a huge difference, if it's meant for guys and you like it as a guy, that's very different from it being meant for girls and you liking it as a guy, this would imply that you're sexually confused.

Oh, and you're going to call him MY buttbuddy, really, when you're defending MLP? That's rich. You still think that's my alt account too huh? I guess ignorance is bliss....

Overall I stopped tolerating the show once it became an over-obsession, the fanbase became even more arrogent and stupid than they were to begin with, and when rule 34 really started to affect them. I mean, hentai and etc. is bad enough, but at least that's mainly of HUMAN females. You're going to really defend people who draw hermaphroditic ponies with dicks? Really? That's what's really pathetic here Empire.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 07-28-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    *sigh*

Scot can you stop flaming, being intolerant, and just leave? I fail to see where any of this thread applies to you, or why you feel the need to hate on a shows fans instead of even discussing the show which is the whole point of the thread.

Basically all you have can be summed up into: I do not like bronies.

Fine that is your opinion. Now leave.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

trhim (07-28-2012)

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    *sigh*

Scot can you stop flaming, being intolerant, and just leave? I fail to see where any of this thread applies to you, or why you feel the need to hate on a shows fans instead of even discussing the show which is the whole point of the thread.

Basically all you have can be summed up into: I do not like bronies.

Fine that is your opinion. Now leave.
    According to you, you have me ignored. Therefor you can't see what I'm posting and have no right to:

A. Call it flaming (especially when I provided more argument points than you).

and

B. Sum it up into anything and tell me to leave.

Oh, and this is also very ironic coming from you, since whenever there's anything said about Naruto you always have something negative to say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast