Thanks

RAID 0 and 1 Questions/Help

I will try to make this short and simple. I have a 320GB HDD that has just under half a GB of space left on it and I would like to set up RAID 0 or

RAID 1. My other RAID drive would be the 1 TB HDD that is sitting 2 feet away from me serving no purpose whatsoever. I would set up raid 0,

but I read somewhere that if you already have the OS installed on one drive that the data would be lost during the RAID 0 setup. Someone

please confirm if this is true or false. My optimal solution would be to set up RAID 1 with my 1 TB drive being the mirror of my 320GB drive, but

I am wondering if doing so would make my 1 TB HDD boot-able. I would prefer this to be the case because if my 1 TB drive were boot-able after

being made a mirror of my 320GB drive from the RAID 1 process, I would be able to just switch out the drives and format the 320GB HDD that

currently has all of my data on it to be used as a backup or an external HDD or...
    This is my first post, please inform me of any

knowlege/help that you are able to offer and I thank you in advance.

Specs just in case they are needed: Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Intel 2700k, Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3 Motherboard... doubt you would need anything else... if so feel free to ask.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I don't think you fully grasp the concept or RAID ... once you have a RAID system set up, it functions as a unified disk or w/e you want to call it. Unless you're gonna do software raid I don't see how you would be able to keep your data. That being said, go read up on some articles or at least wiki RAID to see what it's all about.