Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development

As soon as I find out whether the people I want to credit want their names public I will share them openly. Untill then >:3

curse you vBulletin. How do I embed picture attachments here B/

This is an educational project. I do not intend to redistribute any Intellectual Property of wildshadow/kabam. This is just a fun venture into reverse engineering, or something. I do not and will not allow this to in any way harm the current state of of the official game, or to detour their members from the official servers, aka: This will by no means be a replacement for official gameplay!

That being said: I'm a huge supporter of open source software, and if it's possible to maintain to the above stated goals, I will release this and the source for everyone so we can all benefit from it!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm not going to derail this entire topic on who I am or where I came from, I will explain that somewhere else more appropriate

Currently, I'm developing a realm of the mad god server based on knowledge obtained from other existing projects along with previous experiences in socket programming, and the client/server model. Currently it exists in two parts for the server, and one part for the end user:

Account Server
    World Server
    Altered Client

Account Server

This is responsible for serving the crossdomain.xml flash policy to the client, as well as receiving http get and post requests from the client. Currently this just passes the crossdomain.xml policy and responds to the post request /char/list. Further down the road it will be integrated with the python application I am creating for this purpose.

World Server

This is responsible for handling the separate instances for maps along with their current entities(object/drops/monsters/players/etc)
    There's already a well established understanding of this within the forums discovered by other people during the process of reverse engineering, writing a proxy for the client, or perhaps an attempt at the beginning of server development. I can only speculate. Right now this exists in java, and c#. Will posssibly be implemented in python.

Modified Client

I've disassembled the AS3 byte code and altered the destination of these requests to be redirected to my development box. Eventually it may be possible to store this in a configuration file that the client will load. This communicates with my Account server to read the character list for the client. I suppose it either gets the GUID and password from the steam client or from the information entered within the flash client hosted on their website.

This is only the beginning but there's already existing knowledge established throughout the existing forums and it's always better to work together to achieve something like this (I'm a huge supporter of open source software). The possibilities are only limited by the combined power of our imaginations and it leaves me drooling at my keyboard -- New items, classes, monsters, new monster AI, extended AI, altered game logic ( ex: death drops soulbound bags of equipment X number of times before perma). All kinds of ideas come to my head but I don't want to get ahead of myself yet.

I will also be continuously updating this thread to reorganize and restructure information as well as use it to keep track of important information regarding this entire process, however for now this is my terrible attempt to come up with something decent on the fly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    mapser.png  

ohe-rsp.png  

rotmgeditor.png  

ohe-statdatacalc.png  

YU224.png  

zthsb.png  

qDS0A.png  

rao7f.png  

Last edited by xrythx; 07-31-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Man is distinguished, not only by his reason, but by this singular passion from other animals, which is a lust of the mind, that by a perseverance of delight in the continued and indefatigable generation of knowledge, exceeds the short vehemence of any carnal pleasure.

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to xrythx For This Useful Post:

059 (08-10-2012),255 (08-05-2012),Aery (01-23-2013),antonio223 (07-31-2012),Baddy351 (02-02-2013),BlitzXFire (09-14-2012),BrummBro (10-21-2012),cocofoshosho (09-06-2012),cru0 (08-17-2012),Dalyfe (11-17-2012),daraluens (08-24-2012),debas97 (12-09-2012),dolanmcduck (08-02-2012),gaspi98 (08-27-2012),Homie131 (03-12-2013),iAim (12-10-2012),jimkolp2 (10-24-2012),linklord (08-03-2012),Madmod2 (11-17-2012),makslao (03-29-2013),Marcus1725 (11-07-2012),muaaach (08-07-2012),pedro valdes (11-08-2012),pings (08-20-2012),Runescapenuurd (11-04-2012),sawmang87 (12-10-2012),slowtyper77 (01-24-2013),tinnetju (12-05-2012),TryXoR (11-14-2012),Typho (11-17-2013),wyler01 (10-14-2012),xThales (01-09-2013)

Thanks
    Isn't that three parts?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yes but I won't release the client, rather a package of tools to automate the changes necessary to connect :3

Man is distinguished, not only by his reason, but by this singular passion from other animals, which is a lust of the mind, that by a perseverance of delight in the continued and indefatigable generation of knowledge, exceeds the short vehemence of any carnal pleasure.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    This looks pretty sweet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    can i help with the server i mean make maps for event and other stuff im not that good with java

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Possibly when and if we do an open beta. I'm really not sure how things will turn out but I'd like to get there at some point xP

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Looks really nice, If you ever need anyone to test stuff out, find bugs etc. Pm me on here and I'll give you some contact info.

Thanks
    cant wait

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xrythx View Post
    I've disassembled the AS3 byte code and altered the destination of these requests to be redirected to my development box. Eventually it may be possible to store this in a configuration file that the client will load. This communicates with my Account server to read the character list for the client. I suppose it either gets the GUID and password from the steam client or from the information entered within the flash client hosted on their website.
    How the heck did you do that? Every time I try to decompile the stuff with Sothink, it freezes. It seems there are two files that are made to crash Sothink. Am I going to have to do it in ASM?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by molokai View Post
    How the heck did you do that? Every time I try to decompile the stuff with Sothink, it freezes. It seems there are two files that are made to crash Sothink. Am I going to have to do it in ASM?
    I never said I used sothink :P
    Also in a day or so on my next commit I might open the client utilities repository and share a link here, but given the current state of the game that's a terrible idea so most likely not until i need people to test or until the game becomes stable again. But yes you are heading in the right direction.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xrythx View Post
    I never said I used sothink :P
    Also in a day or so on my next commit I might open the client utilities repository and share a link here, but given the current state of the game that's a terrible idea so most likely not until i need people to test or until the game becomes stable again. But yes you are heading in the right direction.
    [notice]Client Utilities? We have a pretty strict uploading policy here at MPGH. Things like the official site for sothink are okay to link to, cracked versions of it aren't. Outside links to tools specifically made for hacking is also banned. Just run them by me before posting with a Private Message.[/notice]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I am ok with java but i really want to learn stuff just like this. If i could help in any way can you pm me?

Thanks

Question I would be delighted to help.

I fear this might be one of my first posts, but nothing besides this has truly caught my attention before.
    I am extremely interested in helping with development and just look at how everything works. I myself am only a mere self-taught programmer, and I would never think of hurting such a nice game as ROTMG. Being a self-taught programmer and a big fan of ROTMG, I would love to see the source code, and like you are drooling about, do cool and awesome stuff with it. I could however easily see how someone could abuse this and create a private server with a donating system.
    I am very versatile with programming languages, but I might be a little short on time.
    Please contact me if you are interested in my help.
    Last edited by martoko; 08-04-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks
    Nice looking stuff man. Let me know if you need testing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    so i would like to be invited to the prvate server when its ready to be tested if you need somebody to code or decode im your man

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast