Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJ View Post
    That's a hard question.. Let me see..

A guy thinks about what the book shall be about, A guy writes the book, A guy publishes the book.
    Ok so know apply that to the quran.

Muhammed thought about the book, spoke it, and others wrote it down.(because he was "illiterate", self proclaimed of course).

So what i fail to see is how this is the "word of god".

You see god did not speak it, god did not write it, and god did not preach it.
    ---------------

In the end your "holy book" is just a book written by another mortal saying god told him so. Just the same with every other religion, exception buddhism or such.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Ok so know apply that to the quran.

Muhammed thought about the book, spoke it, and others wrote it down.(because he was "illiterate", self proclaimed of course).

So what i fail to see is how this is the "word of god".

You see god did not speak it, god did not write it, and god did not preach it.
    ---------------

In the end your "holy book" is just a book written by another mortal saying god told him so. Just the same with every other religion, exception buddhism or such.
    And yet again im saying it for the 3rd time..

HOW CAN A GUY THAT can't write/read think of A *Book* which Arabs THEMSELVES at this time couldn't even speak like it?

Logic..
    Last edited by ArkhamJ; 08-08-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Forget the Name of the video, And i did say watch it from 1:35, It has a different thing..

So let's say.. There are Bible memorizers, Yes, But.

When you try to recite it.. And bible has MANY many shapes.. Which one will you recite it with?

How will you recite when you don't even agree about most of it?

Thats the difference.. All Muslims agree about Quran, And whats in it.
    Reciting and Having others can remake the bible occording to your scenario or at least what was in the video art different things, I may recite the bible from time to time but my memory of it is not as good as I would like, agreeing with it is also different to reciting. I don't have to agree with it but if I memorize my Favourite adaptation of it (which is the New century version) I could in turn recite the entire book (Given time).

I'm sure you could not recite the entire Quran yourself at this point in time as you are not prepared. So agreement has nothing todo with this and saying *ALL* Muslims agree with it could be a gross overstatement as well which you must take into consideration. Having one translation that's good, but Christians are tryin to translate the bible into every language known and also to very remote villages as well where the dialect does not yet have a name. This, sometimes leads to things being Lost in translation and confusion. See the difference between the two.

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by REVIVE View Post

Reciting and Having others can remake the bible occording to your scenario or at least what was in the video art different things, I may recite the bible from time to time but my memory of it is not as good as I would like, agreeing with it is also different to reciting. I don't have to agree with it but if I memorize my Favourite adaptation of it (which is the New century version) I could in turn recite the entire book (Given time).

I'm sure you could not recite the entire Quran yourself at this point in time as you are not prepared. So agreement has nothing todo with this and saying *ALL* Muslims agree with it could be a gross overstatement as well which you must take into consideration. Having one translation that's good, but Christians are tryin to translate the bible into every language known and also to very remote villages as well where the dialect does not yet have a name. This, sometimes leads to things being Lost in translation and confusion. See the difference between the two.
    Ofcourse i can't Recite it myself, Though, When i get like 5-6 (Anymatter what the number is) Of Quran Memorizers, We can recite it in a day or so..

Because we all agree about whats in the Quran, And it was only in a one Shape.

On the other hand, (Favourite adaptation of it) So everyone will recite the Bible on the shape he like? Cas i really don't get this point.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ofcourse i can't Recite it myself, Though, When i get like 5-6 (Anymatter what the number is) Of Quran Memorizers, We can recite it in a day or so..

Because we all agree about whats in the Quran, And it was only in a one Shape.

On the other hand, (Favourite adaptation of it) So everyone will recite the Bible on the shape he like? Cas i really don't get this point.
    I should have used a clearer word then adaptation. By this I mean the different version that I like or translation if you will because there are the KJV, NKJV, NIV, NLT, NCV, AMP, ETC. All of which have been updated to modern English as time progressed or have been extended upon. If a group of memorizers we put together for the Christian group, they would most likely be reciting the NIV as it is the most distributed translation around the globe.

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Thanks
    This ENTIRE debate is one person making up an excuse every time a curve ball is thrown at him. This is pointless, it's your typical "idk if you prove me wrong because I'm still right because it's my religion" bullshit.

Just pointless..

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Empire (08-08-2012),[MPGH]Ethereal (08-08-2012),Justin (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    And yet again im saying it for the 3rd time..

HOW CAN A GUY THAT can't write/read think of A *Book* which Arabs THEMSELVES at this time couldn't even speak like it?

Logic..
    Do you know the history of the quran at all?

Muhammed did not write the quran himself of course, he was "illiterate", but he spoke it to others and they wrote it down and compiled it into one book after he died.

Him being illiterate has nothing to do with the creation of the quran in any regards. There is no correlation on not being able to write effecting one's ability to speak and have others write it down.

Get your facts straight or shut the fuck up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Do you know the history of the quran at all?

Muhammed did not write the quran himself of course, he was "illiterate", but he spoke it to others and they wrote it down and compiled it into one book after he died.

Him being illiterate has nothing to do with the creation of the quran in any regards. There is no correlation on not being able to write effecting one's ability to speak and have others write it down.

Get your facts straight or shut the fuck up.
    So wait.. First off, Flaming? Not a good idea..

AND You said it yourself, He was illiterate, So how can *illiterate* Guy writes a book that Arabs themselves couldn't find eloquence Like it? No.. YOU get your facts right..
    Last edited by ArkhamJ; 08-08-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks

AND You said it yourself, He was Illiterate, So how can *Illiterate* Guy writes a book that Arabs themselves couldn't find Eloquence Like it? No.. YOU get your facts right..
    Why did you capitalize the I in illiterate and the E in eloquence?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Why did you capitalize the I in illiterate and the E in eloquence?

Aaaaaaand does that matter..?

Thanks
    Aaaaaaand does that matter..?
    Proper grammar attributes an expanding mind.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Proper grammar attributes an expanding mind.
    Well then, Edited.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

AND You said it yourself, He was illiterate, So how can *illiterate* Guy writes a book that Arabs themselves couldn't find eloquence Like it? No.. YOU get your facts right..
    For fucks sake..Empire clearly said Muhammed didn't write the Quran..
    He recited what was revealed to him from Gabriel and his companions eventually recorded it onto various items,
    such as rocks, palms,animal skins, etc. The Quran as a whole wasn't compiled onto paper until after his death.

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Wait, isn't Liam Neeson a Scientologist? I swear I heard that recently with Katy leaving Tom. Like I said before, whatever helps you sleep at night, do. So long as it does not hinder other people.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Wait, isn't Liam Neeson a Scientologist? I swear I heard that recently with Katy leaving Tom. Like I said before, whatever helps you sleep at night, do. So long as it does not hinder other people.
    Yes he left. And apparently he is thinking of converting to Islam after a trip to Istanbul.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast