Thanks

Sending pre-set Hotkey Keystrokes to Vindictus

Hey Guys,

I've recently purchased an Xbox360 Gamepad controller and I feel the need to create a little external toolbar to add more functionality to my hotkeys since a Gamepad is so limited compared to a keyboard..
    My only problem is the sending Keys part.

Basically, I do know how to do it but for some reason the Game I am trying to send the Keystrokes to (through VB.NET) doesn't recognize the pressed Keys.

I've used both ways, the normal VB.NET SendKeys.Send() function and the API function "keybd_event"

SendKeys.Send("{6}")
    SendKeys.Send("6")
    keybd_event(&H97, 0, 0, 0)
    keybd_event(&H97, 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0)

All of these instructions send the digit "6" (tested on Notepad), but InGame nothing happens.
    I've tried to see what gets send to the Game by having the chat open, and it works just the same way as with Notepad.. Although, the hotkeys are simply not working and I don't understand why. The Keystrokes are sent successfully so it doesn't make sense to me..

I've also tried to run the implemented Windows' Screen Keyboard to see if it'd be some kind of Hackshield block for certain keys pressed from external programs.. but I was wrong since everything works fine just like when I press a key on my Computer's keyboard.

Does anyone have an Idea how to work it around? The game I am trying to get this to work on is Vindictus.
    It's simply odd that simple Characters and Digits are sent.. but not pre-set Hotkeys (Only if pressed with my Keyboard)..

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
    Legend

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    Thanks for your input, Brinuz, but I don't think I can achieve my goal with Keyboard hooks as they are used to listen to keyboard inputs in a global level and not to send keys to a specific application..

Atleast that's what I've read in several posts on Google..

I guess, It might be an Hackshield issue to prevent bots from using hotkeys :/

I was wondering if there would be a way to emulate the windows' on-screen keyboard as it seems to work perfectly the same way as a normal hardware keyboard does.. Any idea?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    You are right, kinda read through your post in a quick way.

Im not seeing that working either. Since you already tried "keybd_event" aswell. Someone might have an answer to you tho.

does the onscreen keyboard work ingame?
    Last edited by 'Bruno; 09-04-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    Yes it does. Which makes my theory of the hackshield being faulty fail since the on-screen keyboard is an external program aswell..

I'm pretty much lost right now since I can't find a sense in this..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    This class will allow you to capture hotkeys even when your program doesn't have focus.

Usage example:
    Code:
    Dim HelloSystemHotkey As New SystemHotkey(HotkeyModifierFlags.Control, Keys.A, New EventHandler(AddressOf Hello_Pressed))
    If HelloSystemHotkey.Register() Then
            MsgBox("Registered")
    Else
            MsgBox("Not Registered")
    End If
    The first parameter is the modifier, all the modifiers can be accessed using the HotkeyModifierFlags enumeration, which is included in the class.
    The second parameter is the key to press with the modifier, identify one by simply using the Keys enumeration.
    The third parameter is the eventhandler which will be raised once the key is pressed -> obviously we need the Hello_Pressed sub

Code:
    Private Sub Hello_Pressed(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
        MsgBox("Pressed")
    End Sub
    The class has a property IsRegistered, this returns whether the hotkey is registered or not.
    To unregister a hotkey, simply call the Unregister() function.
    The Register() & Unregister() function return a boolean whether the operation has succeeded or not.

A hotkey registration will always fail if it is already in use by another program (or another instance of your program).
    To use multiple modifiers, use the logical or operator (please not that some bindings are not allowed by the system).
    Binding multiple keys is not allowed by the system.

So, create a new class
    Code:
    Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices
    Imports System.Threading
    Imports System.ComponentModel
    Public Class User32
        <DllImport("user32", EntryPoint:="RegisterHotKey", SetLastError:=True, ExactSpelling:=True, CallingConvention:=CallingConvention.StdCall)> _
        Public Shared Function RegisterHotkey(ByVal hwnd As IntPtr, ByVal Id As Int32, <MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.U4)> ByVal fsModifiers As Int32, <MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.U4)> ByVal vkey As Int32) As Boolean
        End Function
        <DllImport("user32", EntryPoint:="UnregisterHotKey", SetLastError:=True, ExactSpelling:=True, CallingConvention:=CallingConvention.StdCall)> _
        Public Shared Function UnregisterHotkey(ByVal hwnd As Int32, ByVal Id As Int32) As Boolean
        End Function
    End Class
    Public Class Kernel32
        <DllImport("kernel32", EntryPoint:="GlobalAddAtom", SetLastError:=True, ExactSpelling:=False)> Public Shared Function GlobalAddAtom(<MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPTStr)> ByVal lpString As String) As Int32
        End Function
    End Class
    Public Class SystemHotkey
        Public Property Modifiers As Int32
        Public Property Key As Integer
        Public Property Pressed As eventhandler
        Private Id As String = ""
        Private Hwnd As IntPtr = IntPtr.Zero
        Public Sub New(ByVal pModifiers As Int32, ByVal pKey As Integer, ByVal pPressed As eventhandler)
            Modifiers = pModifiers
            Key = pKey
            Pressed = pPressed
        End Sub
        Public Function Register() As Boolean
            If IsRegistered Then
                Return False
            Else
                Id = Kernel32.GlobalAddAtom(GetHashCode)
                Dim Listener As New GlobalHotkeyListener(Id, Modifiers, Key, New EventHandler(AddressOf Hotkey_Pressed), IsRegistered)
                Hwnd = Listener.Handle
                Return IsRegistered
            End If
        End Function
        Public Function Unregister() As Boolean
            If IsRegistered Then
                If User32.UnregisterHotkey(Hwnd, Id) Then
                    IsRegistered = False
                    Return True
                Else
                    Return False
                End If
            Else
                Return False
            End If
        End Function
        Private Sub Hotkey_Pressed(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
            Pressed.Invoke(sender, e)
        End Sub
        Public Property IsRegistered As Boolean
    End Class
    Public Enum HotkeyModifierFlags
        None = 0
        Alt = &H1
        Control = &H2
        Shift = &H4
        Win = &H8
    End Enum
    Public Class GlobalHotkeyListener
        Inherits NativeWindow
    #Region "Enums"
        <Flags()> _
        Public Enum WindowStylesEx As UInteger
            WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES = &H10
            WS_EX_APPWINDOW = &H40000
            WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE = &H200
            WS_EX_COMPOSITED = &H2000000
            WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP = &H400
            WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT = &H10000
            WS_EX_DLGMODALFRAME = &H1
            WS_EX_LAYERED = &H80000
            WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL = &H400000
            WS_EX_LEFT = &H0
            WS_EX_LEFTSCROLLBAR = &H4000
            WS_EX_LTRREADING = &H0
            WS_EX_MDICHILD = &H40
            WS_EX_NOACTIVATE = &H8000000
            WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT = &H100000
            WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY = &H4
            WS_EX_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW = WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE Or WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE
            WS_EX_PALETTEWINDOW = WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE Or WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW Or WS_EX_TOPMOST
            WS_EX_RIGHT = &H1000
            WS_EX_RIGHTSCROLLBAR = &H0
            WS_EX_RTLREADING = &H2000
            WS_EX_STATICEDGE = &H20000
            WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW = &H80
            WS_EX_TOPMOST = &H8
            WS_EX_TRANSPARENT = &H20
            WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE = &H100
        End Enum
        <Flags()>
        Public Enum WindowStyles As UInteger
            WS_BORDER = &H800000
            WS_CAPTION = &HC00000
            WS_CHILD = &H40000000
            WS_CLIPCHILDREN = &H2000000
            WS_CLIPSIBLINGS = &H4000000
            WS_DISABLED = &H8000000
            WS_DLGFRAME = &H400000
            WS_GROUP = &H20000
            WS_HSCROLL = &H100000
            WS_MAXIMIZE = &H1000000
            WS_MAXIMIZEBOX = &H10000
            WS_MINIMIZE = &H20000000
            WS_MINIMIZEBOX = &H20000
            WS_OVERLAPPED = &H0
            WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW = WS_OVERLAPPED Or WS_CAPTION Or WS_SYSMENU Or WS_SIZEFRAME Or WS_MINIMIZEBOX Or WS_MAXIMIZEBOX
            WS_POPUP = &H80000000UI
            WS_POPUPWINDOW = WS_POPUP Or WS_BORDER Or WS_SYSMENU
            WS_SIZEFRAME = &H40000
            WS_SYSMENU = &H80000
            WS_TABSTOP = &H10000
            WS_VISIBLE = &H10000000
            WS_VSCROLL = &H200000
        End Enum
    #End Region
        Private Pressed As EventHandler
        Public Sub New(ByVal Id As Int32, ByVal fsModifiers As Int32, ByVal vkey As Int32, ByVal PressedHandler As EventHandler, ByRef IsRegistered As Boolean)
            Pressed = PressedHandler
            Dim cp As CreateParams = New CreateParams()
            cp.Caption = ""
            cp.ClassName = "STATIC"
            cp.X = 0
            cp.Y = 0
            cp.Height = 0
            cp.Width = 0
            cp.Style = WindowStyles.WS_MINIMIZE
            cp.ExStyle = WindowStylesEx.WS_EX_NOACTIVATE
            Me.CreateHandle(cp)
            IsRegistered = User32.RegisterHotkey(MyBase.Handle, Id, fsModifiers, vkey)
        End Sub
        Private WM_HOTKEY As Integer = &H312
        <System.Security.Permissions.PermissionSetAttribute(System.Security.Permissions.SecurityAction.Demand, Name:="FullTrust")> _
        Protected Overrides Sub WndProc(ByRef m As Message)
            Select Case (m.Msg)
                Case WM_HOTKEY
                    If Pressed IsNot Nothing Then
                        Pressed.Invoke(Me, New EventArgs())
                    End If
            End Select
            MyBase.WndProc(m)
        End Sub
    End Class
    Hope this helps.

Thanks
    I'm sorry, I believe I should have found a better title for my Topic as I do not want to capture keystrokes.. I want to SEND KEYSTROKES to Vindictus from my VB.NET Program. The hotkeys I am talking about are the InGame ones to execute emotes, open UI Windows, etc etc and my scope is to send a key from my VB.NET Tool to Vindictus without me needing to touch my Keyboard.

Basically, the Tool is supposed to work like this:
    1. Select an Option with my Gamepad
    2. Press a Button of my choice to "execute" the Function
    3. Invoked Function shall Send the Keycode that matches the Option I want to the extern Program, a.k.a. Vindictus.

#1 to #2 are working fine.. but #3 fails sending Keycodes that are set as Hotkeys Ingame like F1-F12 or anythig else that is being used as an hotkey in the game. Note that I am NOT assigning custom Hotkeys myself.. I'm relying on the ones InGame thus why I want to send the Hotkey keycodes to the Game..

When using Microsoft's On-Screen Keyboard (Start -> osk.exe), I can execute anything within the game just like when I press a key on my keyboard.
    I want to achieve the same effect since the SendKeys.Send/SendWait class of VB.NET and the API function keybd_event don't want to work (They do work.. They do send ASCII Codes to the Ingame chat.. but Hotkeys are not working)..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Good, but code in VB must contain only what belongs to the VB interface any more.

Thanks
    I didn't really understand what you are trying to say but since API Functions can be imported into VB.NET aswell, I don't see why You shouldn't use them :P

However, I have tried to send keystrokes with C++ and it doesn't work either.

The odd thing is that it works just fine on any other Program.. except Vindictus..

Edit: I was trying to find a way to send inputs through the Device itself with the following code:

Code:
    Dim keyboardDevice As Device
    Dim keyboardDeviceList As DeviceList = Manager.GetDevices(DeviceClass.Keyboard, EnumDevicesFlags.AttachedOnly)

If (keyboardDeviceLis*****unt > 0) Then
                keyboardDeviceList.MoveNext()

Dim kbDeviceInstance As DeviceInstance = keyboardDeviceList.Current

keyboardDevice = New Device(kbDeviceInstance.InstanceGuid)
                keyboardDevice.SetCooperativeLevel(Me, CooperativeLevelFlags.Background Or CooperativeLevelFlags.NonExclusive)

keyboardDevice.SetDataFormat(DeviceDataFormat.Keyboard)
                keyboardDevice.Acquire()
            End If
    All I managed to achieve so far with this is, like with my gamepad, to capture what key's were pressed.. But I'd like to know if I could send keyboard inputs through the device itself.. Any hints?
    Last edited by Legend2007; 09-05-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks
    Problem solved.

I managed to get PostMessage simulate mouse clicks on OSK's Control buttons so that It'd input the pressed keys directly to Vindictus and it's working perfectly.

For those interested ones:

Code:
    Private MainHandle As Integer = FindWindow(vbNullString, "Window title")
    Private ControlHandle As Integer = FindWindowEx(MainHandle, IntPtr.Zero, "Class name of the Control", "")

PostMessage(ControlHandle, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, 0, MakeDWord(CoordX, CoordY))
    PostMessage(ControlHandle, WM_LBUTTONUP, 0, MakeDWord(CoordX, CoordY))
    Note: CoordX/Y are the X & Y Mouse Position Coordinates relative to the Control! Not global coordinates!

Code:
    Public Const WM_LBUTTONDOWN As Long = &H201
    Public Const WM_LBUTTONUP As Long = &H202
    Code:
    Public Function MakeDWord(ByVal LoWord As Integer, ByVal HiWord As Integer) As Long
            Return CInt(HiWord) << 16 Or LoWord
    End Function
    Code:
    Public Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32.dll" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Integer
    Public Declare Function FindWindowEx Lib "user32.dll" Alias "FindWindowExA" (ByVal hWnd1 As Integer, ByVal hWnd2 As Integer, ByVal lpsz1 As String, ByVal lpsz2 As String) As Integer

<DllImport("user32.dll", SetLastError:=True, CharSet:=CharSet.Auto)> _
        Public Function PostMessage(ByVal hWnd As IntPtr, ByVal Msg As UInteger, ByVal wParam As IntPtr, ByVal lParam As IntPtr) As Integer
        End Function
    I won't reveal how to get to the Class name though otherwise nobody will actually learn anything ;o Atleast those unexperienced ones..

Thanks everyone for helping.
    Legend

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Legend2007 For This Useful Post:

'Bruno (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Good luck on your program legend. Sorry that I was no help.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Gj and thanks for sharing. Marked solved

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend2007 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I've recently purchased an Xbox360 Gamepad controller and I feel the need to create a little external toolbar to add more functionality to my hotkeys since a Gamepad is so limited compared to a keyboard..
    My only problem is the sending Keys part.

Basically, I do know how to do it but for some reason the Game I am trying to send the Keystrokes to (through VB.NET) doesn't recognize the pressed Keys.

I've used both ways, the normal VB.NET SendKeys.Send() function and the API function "keybd_event"

SendKeys.Send("{6}")
    SendKeys.Send("6")
    keybd_event(&H97, 0, 0, 0)
    keybd_event(&H97, 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0)

All of these instructions send the digit "6" (tested on Notepad), but InGame nothing happens.
    I've tried to see what gets send to the Game by having the chat open, and it works just the same way as with Notepad.. Although, the hotkeys are simply not working and I don't understand why. The Keystrokes are sent successfully so it doesn't make sense to me..

I've also tried to run the implemented Windows' Screen Keyboard to see if it'd be some kind of Hackshield block for certain keys pressed from external programs.. but I was wrong since everything works fine just like when I press a key on my Computer's keyboard.

Does anyone have an Idea how to work it around? The game I am trying to get this to work on is Vindictus.
    It's simply odd that simple Characters and Digits are sent.. but not pre-set Hotkeys (Only if pressed with my myjad keylogger)..

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
    Legend
    Recording keystrokes on a computer can be helpful in a number of ways. One of the most common benefits of keylogging, or recording every keystroke made on a computer, is to back up any text typed in an email or file in case of an error or accidental text deletion.
    Last edited by hardenqueen; 11-04-2013 at 03:28 AM.