Thread: help

Thanks

NEED ADVICE

I recently became interested in learning to code hacks, thing is i don't know where to start.
    Ok so i have to learn c++......what are some good sources i can use?
    I mean good sources that don't go into explaining something in a full page that can be explained in 2-3 sentences. . One that gets right to the point.
    Maybe one of you experienced coders can give me the resources you used such as websites and books. And by experienced i mean ones that actually made Premium quality hacks for complex games that are hard to hack. And how much is enough c++. I mean where would it be enough for me to almost code anything. I know that u cant know C++ 100%(constantly learning new stuff) but when is enough to move to something else that is necessary for hacking.

And when finally it is enough c++, what do you move onto? Too actually make hacks yourself and not rely on anyone or their info about the game information. Too actually reverse engineer the game(thing i heard on this forum that you need to know to actually make the hacks yourself). So basically list the things in order that i should learn after c++. Not randomly but in order from which i should start and end that would help me the most in that order and why they would do so. And when is learning these at a level enough to make Premium quality hacks.

Im eager to learn and dont care how long it takes. I mean if it takes me a yr or 2 or 3, its okay, the pros didnt learn it overnight. So yes, help would be appreciated and im hoping to get an answer from one of the experienced/pro coders/hackers who actually did or do code Premium quality hacks. Also how long did it take you to actually acquire these skills.

Ty in advanced
    Last edited by blitz001; 09-13-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    You dont need to be a quality game hacker to know C++ and code C++ quite decently.
    Also, if it takes one page to explain something.. It is because there is something to explain dont you think? Those are the good books/tutorials, not the ones that say: This is String. Period.

Get a book, read it. look at stickies... Answer to your question is there.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinuz View Post
    You dont need to be a quality game hacker to know C++ and code C++ quite decently.
    Also, if it takes one page to explain something.. It is because there is something to explain dont you think? Those are the good books/tutorials, not the ones that say: This is String. Period.

Get a book, read it. look at stickies... Answer to your question is there.

and i agree that sometimes things need to be explained when you get into the more complex things, but i picked out a book from the sticky and it went on for like two pages explaining why int main() had to be the "main" function when the whole thing could be summarized in like one paragraph.

So yea those stickies are helpful...but theres so much books, just wanted advice on which ones better and where to move on maybe after c++. And someone recommended learncpp.com too me, is that site any good and does it cover a lot about c++ or do books cover more.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I read books sometimes but I also use youtube (c++ spoonfeed) and learncpp and MSDN and different websites like that. What I recommend?

No specific order:
    1) Youtube
    2) Books
    3) Threads in this section or on different forum websites

A little lesson:
    How to get user input (with integers)

#include <windows.h>
    #include <iostream>
    using namespace std;

int main()
    {
    int age;
    cout << "How old are you?" << endl;
    cin >> age;
    cout << age << endl;

Sleep(5000);
    system("pause");
    return 0;
    }

This just asks for your age, stores the age in "age", prints your age out, and then sleeps for 5 seconds and ends program(you need to hit a key)

Thanks
    yea but i sorta wanted to know whats the best book that covers most of the things you need to know in c++, and i ment what language or things to move onto after c++ not youtube or sections of forums.