Thread: approvals

Hybrid View

Thanks

approvals

how do the approvals work here?
    does a mod download the hacks and virus scans them themselves?

i always wondered because i notice the virus scans people use is a link to a website saying certain file is clean. but what if someone were to use a clean file for a virus scan but put in a dirty (virus infested) file as the actual hack.

anyway, thanks in advance for any answers.

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Basically once you release a Hack,REZ Mod, or Tools and Injectors you must scan the RAR file or the ZIP file using two different Malware Scan Providers like Jotti and VirusTotal, and once you upload the hack or w.e in the attachment and create the thread, it is the Minions job to check the files if it's clean and sometimes they will actually test it out, but if they find a virus it will automatically be deleted and the thread creator will be infracted or banned in some cases, but if the file is clean and nothing is wrong the Minion will approve it and you guys will be able to download.

Here is a nice tutorial on how to post hacks correctly and etc.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/164-combat...correctly.html

Solved?
    @.REZ
    @Polio
    Last edited by [SMA] Paradise`; 09-19-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Allen View Post
    Basically once you release a Hack,REZ Mod, or Tools and Injectors you must scan the RAR file or the ZIP file using two different Malware Scan Providers like Jotti and VirusTotal, and once you upload the hack or w.e in the attachment and create the thread, it is the Minions job to check the files if it's clean and sometimes they will actually test it out, but if they find a virus it will automatically be deleted and the thread creator will be infracted or banned in some cases, but if the file is clean and nothing is wrong the Minion will approve it and you guys will be able to download.

Here is a nice tutorial on how to post hacks correctly and etc.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/164-combat...correctly.html

Solved?
    @.REZ
    @Polio
    i understood that process.
    but what im curious about is, how do they check if its clean? from the virus scans alone? or do they actually download the file themselves and check it before approving?

basically what im asking is, how do they know if someone isn't virus scanning a fake file so it comes in clean, and not putting a virus as a hack?
    Last edited by firebullet57; 09-19-2012 at 10:54 PM.

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by firebullet57 View Post
    i understood that process.
    but what im curious about is, how do they check if its clean? from the virus scans alone? or do they actually download the file themselves and check it before approving?

basically what im asking is, how do they know if someone isn't virus scanning a fake file so it comes in clean, and not putting a virus as a hack?
    They can't fake it, well they can but it's hard, and the Minions scan it also on there computers.
    Last edited by [SMA] Paradise`; 09-19-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Allen View Post

They can't fake it, well they can but it's hard, and the Minions scan it also on there computers also.

alright thats just what i wanted to know.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    If you are worried about a file being unsafe, message a minion like myself. We check every file before it is approved, most of the "viruses" are false positives caused by packing that your anti-virus picks up.
    /solved
    /closed