Thanks

Starting out [begginer]

Hello everybody! I had been playing video games on PC for over 4 years now. I think it's time for me to learn more on how to make hacks for games or perhaps even make my own game! I am a pretty good A+ student, so I finish my school work pretty fast and I have lots of free time. About 4 hours on weekdays and all the time on weekends. I consider myself as a "noob" in computers. The only thing I know is Visual Basic, because it's so easy and "basic." I want to learn more though, I am pretty sure you can't create hacks by just using Visual Basic, so I want to learn a computer language? What do you guys recommend for a beginner aka noob? I know there is C and C++ and lots of other programs out there, but which one you recommend for me? I love reading books because of my free time, so it would be great if you could also tell me the best book that I can check out of my local library to learn C, C++, or any language. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

PS: I know some schools also teach about programming and c++, but I am only a freshmen and I don't have those classes yet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I'd Suggest if your Really Interested, it Would like to Acutally Program your own Software, (Game or Hacks for a Game Render)
    Although, I'm not sure How Equipt you are with Computers you said your a Noob, everyone has Different Levels.

I Dislike Visual Basic, but i Like it Because of the Form Programming in It, aswell as i can Make Decent Loader within it.
    Ok, Onto It.

I'd Suggest overlooking my Thread (If you Could be Botherd -> kJNR's Guidance Link

That will Basically Explain in some Good Terms, We're your ment to Learn Shit, and a Bit of my Background.
    I'll give you a Little Rundown Here incase you Dont wish to Read the Thread, as its Kinda Longish.

Anyways, I Struggled in School (Literally), Used to Fuck Around, be Up the Back Talking shit about Teachers, in the End.
    It Really Didn't help, Give being your A+ Student, you dont wanna be Stuck like me and be a Laborer.
    So When i was LEARNING Programming Lang(uages), I Struggled to Stay Focused, and did what i did at School "Fuck This Shit, CBF'd Doing it"

But Stick at it an you Get Profit over a Period of Time.
    Here's a Little Order Id Suggest you Learn to Program in.

C++ (The Basics -> Advanced | Teaches you how to Program in the C++ Syntax)
    Direct3D (The Basics -> Advanced | Teaches You how to Program Models, so in Future you can Make your Own Games / Colour Modules (aka Chams, Ect, Remove Skys via Numverts/Strides/Prims on a Drawing Basis)
    Assembly (Basics -> Advanced | So when your Look at ASM from a Dump of a Game Executable, you can find out where Addies may Lie, Breakpoint and Shit go from Their | If you Can't Understand what im Talking about thats Fine you'll learn Sooner or Later)
    Reverse Engineering (Basics -> Advanced | So you can Reverse Functions & Shit, and Make a Game do what you Want it to do Ect)

Cheerio
    kJNR | Since you Seem like your Legit, Happy to help you Alonge the way i only use Yahoo though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kJNR For This Useful Post:

N3tsky (10-05-2012)