Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdude View Post
    Yep, no exterior clients needed. It connects 1 character per server, 1 character per thread. So it does it all at the same time. They connect for 10 seconds, and if the item isn't found, they disconnect, re-enabling the Start button, so you don't spam start and lag your internet connect by connecting 100 characters. That's also to make Kabam a bit happier, as it doesn't enable that whole multiboxing crisis.

It is nearly finished. I'm debating over releasing it though.

I have no real experience in actionscript 3, by the way. Flash is definitely something I've been avoiding. Pretty neat project you have going though!
    You should make it include the prices, if that's even in the statdata.
    Also, @nilly, can't help you either, sorry!

Anyhow, I've been busy with school, so had no real time to work on any projects, although I am now trying to make my proxy more efficient (performance-wise). I hate the fact that it is like a loop-ception. Too many loops within loops, I need to find a better java collection to store/get the world Objects.

I am looking into Map though, never seen that before, so it's new to me, can possibe store the Object ID as a key, and the ObjectStatus as the value which is supposedley O(log n) for lookups, unless I am reading the docs wrong.

EDIT: I finished switching over, seems like map.get/map.remove/map.add seem to be on average-case O(1) (according to this) which is a lot better. Haven't noticed anything different in-game, but i'll switch back and forth to see if anything is different.
    Last edited by flyrocket; 10-17-2012 at 01:40 PM.