Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Koompa View Post

That is true unless he wants us to go with the story without knowing whats going on. Bad technique but ok
    I'm starting to think that you guys haven't read anything else besides naruto.............

Flashbacks are fine, I'll admit that in other series I tend to enjoy them. The reason I don't like them in naruto is because they happen so often, they are unnecesarily long, and the fights already have way too much talking.

I mean there IS other methods besides flashbacks for explanation.

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sheldon Cooper View Post

i mean I sort of agree with you, but don't you think Obito explaining everything to Kakashi in the middle of the fight is any better? THAT'd be dragging out the fight as Naruto and Guy have no clue what's he talking about and Madara was IN the story, so he already knows what's happening.

So a flashback would be the best choice for this situation.
    I don't think that happens because 1000s00 chapters back, Kakashi was surprised that tobi was obito, so I don't think anything new will come in the flashback.
    [IMG]https://i1179.photobucke*****m/albums/x386/gaara4life12/asdasd.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by fingernig View Post
    I don't think that happens because 1000s00 chapters back, Kakashi was surprised that tobi was obito, so I don't think anything new will come in the flashback.
    Dafuq is "1000s00" ?

We learned nothing new from the flash back?

- Madara Uchiha was still alive during the 3rd Shinobi War
    - White Zetsu is made from Senju DNA
    - Black Zetsu is made from Madara
    - Obito was the one that will attack the Hidden Leaf
    - Obito has Senju DNA in him
    - How rin died.

What we've learned from the flashback.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    :/ It plays on kid channels in japan. The english dub of naruto wasn't censored by any crucial amount like it was

Your point is kind of well.....moot?
    -------------------

Plays on kids channel, majority of watchers are kids, and its generated towards kids as kishimoto said himself.

I don't know what else you need for proof.
    -------------------------------------

Naruto doesn't surpass too many shonen even for kids rating lol.
    I didn't know one of the biggest TV stations in Tokyo was a "kids channel". I guess you think ABC is a "kids channel" too? (Not that there would be anything wrong with it playing on a "Kids channel", many great shows have played in "kids channels").

Can you guys take it to the PM/VM? You guys just argue constantly every week when a chapter comes out.

@Empire @scotbud123
    Tell the antagonist to stop, I actually LIKE the show. He shouldn't even be commenting in the thread if he "is disappointed" with it so much.

Sure we do. Thats always the question. But the point is: why do we need a flashback?

Its not like flashbacks are the only way to tell the story, or that they need to be done in the middle of a fight.(itachi for instance).

Honestly its just lazy writing. If you depend on flashbacks for every little explanation, you aren't doing it right.
    Please, NEVER write a story, ever. And stop trying to critique them as well.

i mean I sort of agree with you, but don't you think Obito explaining everything to Kakashi in the middle of the fight is any better? THAT'd be dragging out the fight as Naruto and Guy have no clue what's he talking about and Madara was IN the story, so he already knows what's happening.

Welcome to the world of Empire.
    >The fight is too dragged out.
    >They shouldn't use flashbacks to explain everything, they should just SAY it.

Empire Logic.

I'm starting to think that you guys haven't read anything else besides naruto.............

Flashbacks are fine, I'll admit that in other series I tend to enjoy them. The reason I don't like them in naruto is because they happen so often, they are unnecesarily long, and the fights already have way too much talking.

I mean there IS other methods besides flashbacks for explanation.
    It's a damn good thing this thread is about the Naruto chapter, and not other anime and\or how Naruto compares to them. I'm starting to think you like to antagonize people on the internet for no real reason, are you unhappy in your real life by any chance? Or are you just bored?

Naruto is a story based around the events that happened before it, saying that "flashbacks happen too much" is just stupid. Would you just prefer nothing gets explained? No, because then you would say "WTF KISHI, THIS MAKES NO SENSE, LOLOLOL LAZY WRITING".

Oh, and "There ARE* other methods". Plural broski.

Dafuq is "1000s00" ?

- How rin died.

People don't seem to understand this. I don't see why, it's fairly simple.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to scotbud123 For This Useful Post:

-Madara_Uchihă- (10-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Again, you seem to think storytelling is either flashback, or complete explanation by the badguy right then and there.

Just saying, maybe you should try other series or read a book. You'd be amazed.
    -----------

Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I didn't know one of the biggest TV stations in Tokyo was a "kids channel". I guess you think ABC is a "kids channel" too? (Not that there would be anything wrong with it playing on a "Kids channel", many great shows have played in "kids channels").

Tell the antagonist to stop, I actually LIKE the show. He shouldn't even be commenting in the thread if he "is disappointed" with it so much.

Please, NEVER write a story, ever. And stop trying to critique them as well.

Welcome to the world of Empire.
    >The fight is too dragged out.
    >They shouldn't use flashbacks to explain everything, they should just SAY it.

Empire Logic.

It's a damn good thing this thread is about the Naruto chapter, and not other anime and\or how Naruto compares to them. I'm starting to think you like to antagonize people on the internet for no real reason, are you unhappy in your real life by any chance? Or are you just bored?

Naruto is a story based around the events that happened before it, saying that "flashbacks happen too much" is just stupid. Would you just prefer nothing gets explained? No, because then you would say "WTF KISHI, THIS MAKES NO SENSE, LOLOLOL LAZY WRITING".

Oh, and "There ARE* other methods". Plural broski.

People don't seem to understand this. I don't see why, it's fairly simple.
    Scot, I'm sorry but no one actually said its a kids show JUST because it plays on a kids channel.(even though that is a logical conclusion).
    --------------
    I do what I want.(lol antagonist)
    --------------
    I already answered bazinga up there, but I never said they should just "say it".(although naruto, kakashi, and such still will have no idea what really happened).

My logic is that Kishi is dragging his series out for more money. That is all this is, and quite frankly its pretty damn obvious. I mean a LOT of this 4th war was fighting already defeated foes, talking about meaningless bullshit like "artifacts" or the laughable "strategy". This arc just reeks of desperation.(not unlike the bleach fullbring mind you).
    ----------------------------------
    Just to re-iterate.

Flashbacks are ok, IF:
    They are not spammed.
    They are not always in the middle of a fight.
    They are used for meaningful things.

Naruto spams flashbacks like well........a lot. I mean for every other fight there is a flashback. That is not needed.
    --------------------------------------

Oh sweet we learned.......stuff I already knew or stuff that isn't really important.

Sorry but yet again, nothing new happens in naruto.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Again, you seem to think storytelling is either flashback, or complete explanation by the badguy right then and there.

Just saying, maybe you should try other series or read a book. You'd be amazed.
    -----------

Scot, I'm sorry but no one actually said its a kids show JUST because it plays on a kids channel.(even though that is a logical conclusion).
    --------------
    I do what I want.(lol antagonist)
    --------------
    I already answered bazinga up there, but I never said they should just "say it".(although naruto, kakashi, and such still will have no idea what really happened).

My logic is that Kishi is dragging his series out for more money. That is all this is, and quite frankly its pretty damn obvious. I mean a LOT of this 4th war was fighting already defeated foes, talking about meaningless bullshit like "artifacts" or the laughable "strategy". This arc just reeks of desperation.(not unlike the bleach fullbring mind you).
    ----------------------------------
    Just to re-iterate.

Flashbacks are ok, IF:
    They are not spammed.
    They are not always in the middle of a fight.
    They are used for meaningful things.

Naruto spams flashbacks like well........a lot. I mean for every other fight there is a flashback. That is not needed.
    --------------------------------------

Oh sweet we learned.......stuff I already knew or stuff that isn't really important.

Sorry but yet again, nothing new happens in naruto.
    Maybe it's because i'm high but I honestly feel the need to say this.

SHUT THE FUCK UP! NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR ANIME AND MANGA STANDARDS. WE WATCH AND POST WHATEVER ANIME-RELATED MATERIAL WE WANT HERE.

You feel the need to point out every flaw that doesn't flow with your standards. Especially when you obviously dislike it, but come to a new Naruto thread EVERY WEEK just to point out flaws.

Tl;dr: Stfu, no one cares about your standards. Since you obviously dislike Naruto, stay away from our threads?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to -Madara_Uchihă- For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (10-23-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    I like how some of you guys think Kishi would change his style of story telling when this far deep.

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Dafuq is "1000s00" ?

- How rin died.

Talkin bout next chapter.
    [IMG]https://i1179.photobucke*****m/albums/x386/gaara4life12/asdasd.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    New chapter tomorrow.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

SHUT THE FUCK UP! NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR ANIME AND MANGA STANDARDS. WE WATCH AND POST WHATEVER ANIME-RELATED MATERIAL WE WANT HERE.

You feel the need to point out every flaw that doesn't flow with your standards. Especially when you obviously dislike it, but come to a new Naruto thread EVERY WEEK just to point out flaws.

Tl;dr: Stfu, no one cares about your standards. Since you obviously dislike Naruto, stay away from our threads?
    I doubt he'll listen, I've been trying to say this for a WHILE now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Wonder what will happen in the next chapter

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

You see this is the hypocrisy I see. "shut the fuck up, i was arguing with you".
    -----------------
    More or less I'm just ashamed at how pathetic naruto has become over the last 2 years.

Every long-running series has a bad arc, but 2 years with weekly chapters is overkill.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

You see this is the hypocrisy I see. "shut the fuck up, i was arguing with you".
    -----------------
    More or less I'm just ashamed at how pathetic naruto has become over the last 2 years.

Every long-running series has a bad arc, but 2 years with weekly chapters is overkill.

And he's still complaining about something he's disappointed in. I'm starting to think the only reason you read the weekly Naruto chapter is to point out flaws and tell us.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to -Madara_Uchihă- For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (10-23-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

And he's still complaining about something he's disappointed in. I'm starting to think the only reason you read the weekly Naruto chapter is to point out flaws and tell us.
    :/ I read like 20-30 different series-release each week.(more depending upon the release schedule of monthly/long manga).

I check up each week on naruto to see if the plot has advanced any farther, or if anything important happened(9/10 times thats a no).

There is a bunch of flaws in naruto(i'll make a thread on the odds), but I comment each week simply because I find it amusing your opinions on naruto.(not to mention scot gets upset every week).
    -----------------------
    :/ only reason I bash naruto is because scot begs for it. Its no worse than half a dozen other shonen, but it has fans that white-knight it so its more or less fun to mess with you guys.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

:/ I read like 20-30 different series-release each week.(more depending upon the release schedule of monthly/long manga).

I check up each week on naruto to see if the plot has advanced any farther, or if anything important happened(9/10 times thats a no).

There is a bunch of flaws in naruto(i'll make a thread on the odds), but I comment each week simply because I find it amusing your opinions on naruto.(not to mention scot gets upset every week).
    -----------------------
    :/ only reason I bash naruto is because scot begs for it. Its no worse than half a dozen other shonen, but it has fans that white-knight it so its more or less fun to mess with you guys.
    So in a nutshell you like to annoy people that don't agree with you..?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to -Madara_Uchihă- For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (10-26-2012)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast