Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

[ROTMG] Official Technique Thread [ Share your Tecniques here!]

I and guessing many others need to know some Techniques other then hacking-

You know i do hack and all, but is it fun to get off the hacks and be LEGIT 0.o so I need some Techniques so post them here Images are allowed and
    just have fun as a community! Even post a technique for certain mobs! it would help alot!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Make a knight >:3
    Knights are pree epic, i only just started playing one a couple weeks ago, but now i have all the best items and 4/8 stats maxed.
    I duo'ed Ocean Trench with another knight in a matter of second, we both ran up, he used Colossus and I used Ogmur, and then we just went right in deep with DBlades and bam, it was already over with us barely taking damage. I got Csilk from that run

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Dam
    Thanks Bro

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    ent gods lead their shots so if you sidestep back and forth they wont aim directly at you.

soloing them you don't need to kite the mob, just side step back and forth, chances are he wont ever hit you in a 1 to 1 battle.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    GodSlaying Techniques.

Young apprentices, thou shall teach thy art of godslaying. Note these techniques are for mid, short range classes as long ranged classes need no technique whatsoever

1. Medusa (green bi@tch)

This little girl is easy to put down. Simply circle around her while attacking. Yes it might be daunting at first, but heck, grow a pair and smack dat green girl right in da face.

In the case of more than 1 player fighting a med, take care that you don't run into her shotguns.

2. Slime God (AKA SHYTGOD)

ok this heap of smelly poop can actually fight back! Well to solo this without any trouble at all, (No trouble means taking no damage at all) requires you to have a decent speed stat. You simply need to approach the god diagonally and then circle it. And voila.

3. Sprite God

No its not a blob of jelly, its actually a high priority god to take out in a wall. to kill it, strafe between the shotgun and quiet bomb and try to get into it in between these shots. Alternatively, you could walk straight past it in a straight line. But this is more for mid ranged classes

4. Ent God

Pretty easy to take out. Strafe left and right, changing direction when the god is about to shoot, and you'll be achieving the ent slaying skill lvl 100

5. White Demon

The most irritating god for melee classes, that is if you don't know how to kill it. Well both techniques take quite a bit of skill to get the hang of. First way is to stay within your attack range and dodge the armor breaking shots as they fly, or you could make a sudden charge towards it during its attack cooldown which makes it shoot backwards. Not easy to kill, but it hardly presents a challenge in the first place

6. Ghost God

Another troubling foe for the short ranged. The technique is similar to that to kill like a white demon. However mistakes will punish you much harder here.

7. Beholder

A very simple god to take down unless you are terrible at dodging, of which i suggest you stop playing ROTMG or you play some other less ball requiring class. simply stay in your attack range while slipping between the 4 directional shots.

8. Djinn

Just walk straight into it and it'll flop onto the floor. Or you could alternatively circle it. However the circles that you do must be slower than that when facing a medusa.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Advice on classes.

JUST STARTED ROTMG? NEVER HEARD OF A STAT POTION? NO SOULBOUND DAMAGE? HAVE TROUBLE NOT DYING AND LOSING YOUR PROGRESS? Want to stop dying and farm up?

Gentlemen, its all about the classes you pick.

If you want to farm and max out quickly, you require low risk characters with a low death rate. The classes below make great 1st starting farmers to build your foundation on

Priest

My personal favourite. Press a button, and your hp problems are gone! Almost no chance of dying unless you walk into a medusa. However the bad point is the damage. It struggles with dealing damage, however in ROTMG, its better to be safe than strong. You will get drops. Just slightly fewer.

Wizard

A great class for farming as long as you get rid of the reliance on healers. Carrying health pots will quell the need for a heal every 3 minutes, however being as flimsy as a priest in shotguns, a Wizard without full health being hit in the face would almost always die. Good damage, but riskier of the 'safe' Classes

Necromancer

The halfway house of the two classes. Has half a decent heal and half a decent damage. Use this if you want higher accuracy and some form of healing

Sorcerer

Great class to get soulbound damage. One blitz of lightning and voila! 5 instances for soulbound drops. (Assuming you hit 5 gods). However without any form of healing in the godlands, i wish you the best of luck. Health potions again, a must

Classes not to be picked for farming

These classes, unmaxed would spell the death of your hard earned character the instant you make a tiny mistake.

Rogues

Everyone loves invisibility. But when you get shotgunned by a medusa because someone is standing behind you, its game over! Pick this class if you already have a reliable farmer or a maxed character

Knights

Woot! SUCH A COOL CHARACTER! YAY!
    Calm the #%^! down. 30 defence is NOT going to help you stay alive. The reason why knights are good is BECAUSE WHEN THEY ARE MAXED, 100 damage is nothing. But when you're not, 100 damage still hurts. An unmaxed knight is the perfect character to make you go "WTF NO!!!!" when you eat a shotgun and die. So unless you have knight tops and plenty of defence potions, its a no no for the unmaxed character

Well other classes are okay in farming, depending on the situation. If you prefer to stick with a group, assassins, and archers might still be of some use. I left the paladin out of the not to be picked classes as he has just enough ability to get himself out of trouble.

Hope you like this guide and yes im awfully bored. Cheers

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to voltick For This Useful Post:

Infineon752 (10-27-2012),JustAnoobROTMG (10-29-2012),runekri3 (11-20-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by voltick View Post
    GodSlaying Techniques.

Young apprentices, thou shall teach thy art of godslaying. Note these techniques are for mid, short range classes as long ranged classes need no technique whatsoever

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Advice on classes.

JUST STARTED ROTMG? NEVER HEARD OF A STAT POTION? NO SOULBOUND DAMAGE? HAVE TROUBLE NOT DYING AND LOSING YOUR PROGRESS? Want to stop dying and farm up?W

Gentlemen, its all about the classes you pick.

If you want to farm and max out quickly, you require low risk characters with a low death rate. The classes below make great 1st starting farmers to build your foundation on

Hope you like this guide and yes im awfully bored. Cheers
    haha brilliant job i didn't exactly thank cause you helped me but because it was a great tut/explanation, nice job

And yes I did delete the middle parts cause they were simply too long
    Last edited by Infineon752; 10-27-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    I would love a tall well-built woman with good
    Reputation, who can cook frogs
    legs, who appreciates a good fuc-
    schia garden, classical music and tal-
    king without getting too serious.

But please only read lines 1, 3 and 5.

If I Helped you. Thank me.

Thanks
    That was long man

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Im glad we are Posting On this thread alot! *BUMP*

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thanks guys for the compliments, going to do one on events and dungeons

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

So you finally got your maxed defence on your knight eh? Or you have finally gotten your planewalker. Think you can take on the world? Think again. To max your mana, vit or wis, you'll need to do events/dungeons, and for most inexperienced players, you'll die trying. So how are you going to take them down? here's how

Cube God

Ahh the attractiveness of the perfectly equal sides of a cube. So alluring to take down. But if you're not careful, you'll eat it's jello shotgun. So here's how not to.

For knights: Find an opening where you can approach the god without being gangbanged by a group of small innocent slowing cubes. If you did get slowed, try again later when it has worn out. You need to then approach the god diagonally then proceed to stun. Continue to kill in peace. AS YOU ARE ALREADY MAXED, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TROUBLE WITH CUBE MINIONS. Carry potions to heal if you're nervous. If the stun duration is over, strafe the cube by moving left and right AND..... repeat

For Rogues: I advise you to get a planewalker/endless twilight or anything with 5.5 invisibility along with a pair of eyes. The common way that rogues die is 1: by lag or 2: by idiots. So before you invis and run into a cube god, please look at the minimap first before jumping in. If there are people chasing you for the kill DO NOT CHARGE STRAIGHT IN. You either A: wait, B: Attempt to go around it to the opposite side or 3: use a plane walker to teleport. This will make you behind the attacking direction of the cube god. Proceed to afk and kill.

Skull Shrine

Not as tricky as compared to the cube god, but equally lethal. The key is to break through the red flaming skulls and hit the main skull. Usually, a stun for a knight can suffice. But the same tactics apply for both knights and rogues

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Not a technique, more like common sense, but run as many dungeons as you can. Specially if you can solo them. Sprite world is one of the easiest and you get a dex pot with small chances of some very good and expensive items as well (EP, planewalker and inc) and T4-5 abilities which is not bad if you are starting or can't afford top tier ones. It's also generally faster to get 3 dex pots (which you can sell for a def) than killing gods until one drops def.

Following voltick's tips, try to farm godlands solo. Specially if you don't have high stats. There are few things that are more rage inducing than dying because someone else pulled 3 medusas that bombed your head without you even noticing. Plus while farming solo you are always guaranteed to do soulbound damage.

Finally, stay away from leviathan gods. Specially if you are melee class.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Pentaract:

well if you have high enough def (it doesn't really matter that much.) what i do is run around to each tower get SB damage for each one and let the others finidh it off i usually get 2-4 SB bags...
    I would love a tall well-built woman with good
    Reputation, who can cook frogs
    legs, who appreciates a good fuc-
    schia garden, classical music and tal-
    king without getting too serious.

But please only read lines 1, 3 and 5.

If I Helped you. Thank me.