Thanks

Traveling large distances

Hello everyone. I hope you will share with me some of your experiences within Dayz regarding my topic of interest: Traveling large distances.

Scenario
    For example, after death you spawn on the coast - your base is north on the very edge of the map and it contains everything you need to get playing again.

Question
    How would YOU get there? Please consider you have no team to give you a ride.

Of course the aim is to get there as fast as possible to get all my supplies.

My current means of getting there, is using Dayz Navigator - finding some wheels and spending 45mins traveling. I aim to cut this time down. And also cut down the chance of death while traveling.

My only two ideas are:

(1) Get "battleye whitelisted" on someone's shady server and use a teleport script. This assumes that after the whitelisting process your player still syncs with the hive although I am not certain this is the case.
    (2) Discover a server which has tweaked vehicles - maybe they have repaired choppers everywhere use that server to travel then switch back to my "home" server.
    (3) What is your idea / method?

Please, discuss.
    Last edited by affie; 11-10-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    1. The Whitelisting offered by Sgt.Jonny is legit. His server is connected to the main hive, so that will work as you want it to.

2. Is very rare and probably impossible on an official server, as a restart removes spawned vehicles.

Thanks
    You could edit the dayz_anim.bin file to have the classes not be banned, but other clients would have to use the same file that the server is.