Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

You are the definition of "pathetic". Your arguments are invalid.

>We can see microscopic particles, with something called a MICROSCOPE.
    >Have you ever heard of FIBER OPTIC? And yes, we CAN see light "travelling", we have sensors for that.
    >No, they are not "binary operations", they are simply registers. A "1" represents an mV rating of 3-5, a "0" is 0-2.9 mV. A binary operation involves operands, which is pure "mathematics", having NOTHING to do with register operations on a processing level.

So because every example you gave was wrong, your initial argument is wrong. Stop posting stupid shit.
    Going to play the devil's advocate.
    This is purely off memory, but here goes
    > We can't see atoms, they are smaller then the wave lengths of light lol
    > You can't see light. If you're in a vacuum and I shine a beam of light right in front of your eyes, you won't see it. You can see what it hits, but you can't see light.
    >( I have absolutely no knowledge on this field, simply creating logical conclusions off my existing knowledge on science) We have no idea how electricity works, we are simply making observations and are directing it to make "things work".

Thomas Edison once said, "We don't know one percent of one millionth about anything."
    Belief of god is in my opinion a waste of time. There is no point trying to fill in gaps we'll never truly understand. Or we will within the next 2 seconds since everything in this universe is random according to our observations of it.
    A Better question worth investing in is, What should we do about our existence?
    Instead of living on hope of a God, a better thing to do is help other people. A interesting quote that I think is ideal to live by is by W. H. Auden, "We are here on earth to help others. What the others are here for, I have NO idea."

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

Good job for willing to find out and escaping indoctrination
    Move out when you can, tell them you're an atheist/agnostic (assuming based on post) and ask them to respect you for that
    If it doesn't work send me a VM/PM and I'll show you a video on what to say lol
    No point in burning bridges, just make sure you don't continue the cycle.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    GA interesting quote that I think is ideal to live by is by W. H. Auden, "We are here on earth to help others. What the others are here for, I have NO idea."
    Playing the douche bag, what if we're not the helpers but the helped, shouldn't then we do whatever we want?

No point in burning bridges, just make sure you don't continue the cycle.
    Well, I see it as burning the bridge to build the new one because the old is too weak or leads to the wrong direction
    Or renovating it and turning it to a new direct works too
    Last edited by 666HiddenMaster666; 11-28-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks

Playing the douche bag, what if we're not the helpers but the helped, shouldn't then we do whatever we want?

Well, I see it as burning the bridge to build the new one because the old is too weak or leads to the wrong direction
    Or renovating it and turning it to a new direct works too
    Holy shit you have a bad interpretation. In other words it means, be cooperative. Having your head up your own ass won't get you anywhere due to a lack of true purpose.

He's over the bridge, no point turning back and burning it. Or rebuilding it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Holy shit you have a bad interpretation. In other words it means, be cooperative. Having your head up your own ass won't get you anywhere due to a lack of true purpose.

He's over the bridge, no point turning back and burning it. Or rebuilding it.
    Lol, true, but I don't get how the douche bags always wins... maybe not in the long run?

Yeah there's that, but for some people, sometimes something happens and they turn back. The idea of burning it is to make sure one continues on instead of running back, not matter how hard it is.
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Thanks

Lol, true, but I don't get how the douche bags always wins... maybe not in the long run?

Yeah there's that, but for some people, sometimes something happens and they turn back. The idea of burning it is to make sure one continues on instead of running back, not matter how hard it is.
    lol what do douche bags have to do with anything?

That's completely untrue. Here is me giving you an idea. If I say say don't think about elephants, you instantly think of elephants. But the idea isn't yours. It takes true inspiration to believe in an idea. He came up with the idea of god not existing by HIMSELF. Unless his parents give him a insanely subtle drug(and he has no idea he's been drugged), and he sees god or a angel or some bs. It's not happening.
    Last edited by noob555; 11-28-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks
    Going to play the devil's advocate.
    This is purely off memory, but here goes
    > We can't see atoms, they are smaller then the wave lengths of light lol
    > You can't see light. If you're in a vacuum and I shine a beam of light right in front of your eyes, you won't see it. You can see what it hits, but you can't see light.
    >( I have absolutely no knowledge on this field, simply creating logical conclusions off my existing knowledge on science) We have no idea how electricity works, we are simply making observations and are directing it to make "things work".
    >He said particles, not atoms.
    >We can in fact see light "traveling", did I say see the light traveling by eye? No, hence why I put it into quotations. We can see light is traveling by basic physic calculations and spectographs. Look up the Planck constant. He also did not specify whether it was in a vacuum or not, he simply said "light traveling", by which if you add dust particles you CAN see light "traveling".
    >Are you kidding me? You're just trying to by a moron aren't you? We are NOT specifying whether we know anything about electricity, we know are talking about binary code, in which is calculated by miniature capacitors either having a specific charge within a range or not having that charge.

I was also not pointing anything out about religion, I was speaking how his argument was invalid. Your rebuttal was absolutely unintelligent, you didn't even use any thought behind your response. What are you, in middle school? That was the quality of that rebuttal, I KNOW you can do better than that 555.

Thanks

>He said particles, not atoms.
    >We can in fact see light "traveling", did I say see the light traveling by eye? No, hence why I put it into quotations. We can see light is traveling by basic physic calculations and spectographs. Look up the Planck constant. He also did not specify whether it was in a vacuum or not, he simply said "light traveling", by which if you add dust particles you CAN see light "traveling".
    >Are you kidding me? You're just trying to by a moron aren't you? We are NOT specifying whether we know anything about electricity, we know are talking about binary code, in which is calculated by miniature capacitors either having a specific charge within a range or not having that charge.

I was also not pointing anything out about religion, I was speaking how his argument was invalid. Your rebuttal was absolutely unintelligent, you didn't even use any thought behind your response. What are you, in middle school? That was the quality of that rebuttal, I KNOW you can do better than that 555.
    > In the physical sciences, a particle is a small localized object to which can be ascribed several physical properties such as volume or mass
    atoms was an example
    > Misread. My bad.
    > I was simply trying to show that even if you're more knowledgeable then him as well as I, there is no point in calling his posts "stupid", due to the lack of a base line of our understanding. And as I was saying, I was playing the devil's advocate. Personally I call people out on shit all the time. But from the ideal morale standpoint, it is unnecessary.

Also the rest of the post wasn't directed at you...
    Last edited by noob555; 11-28-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks
    > In the physical sciences, a particle is a small localized object to which can be ascribed several physical properties such as volume or mass
    atoms was an example
    > Misread. My bad.
    > I was simply trying to show that even if you're more knowledgeable then him as well as I, there is no point in calling his posts "stupid", due to the lack of a base line of our understanding. And as I was saying, I was playing the devil's advocate. Personally I call people out on shit all the time. But from the ideal morale standpoint, it is unnecessary.

There are points in calling his posts stupid. He made a stupid claim that he didn't earlier look up facts to a person with a superiority complex. That's the epitomy of stupid to me.
    TRADES:0
    BUYS: 1
    SELLS: 0
    SCAMS: 0

Thanks
    atoms was an example
    > Misread. My bad.

My bad I was having a fit of rage as I dropped my remote on my nuts....I'm not even joking.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    lol what do douche bags have to do with anything?

That's completely untrue. Here is me giving you an idea. If I say say don't think about elephants, you instantly think of elephants. But the idea isn't yours. It takes true inspiration to believe in an idea. He came up with the idea of god not existing by HIMSELF. Unless his parents give him a insanely subtle drug(and he has no idea he's been drugged), and he sees god or a angel or some bs. It's not happening.
    The old stories of how the douche bags gets the nice girls and how the nice guys become forever alone

He came up with the idea of nonexistent deity, but he can also do it the opposite way, usually by hallucinations. I know that brains naturally seeks for patterns, and I do experience and notice a lot of patterns of different events. No, it doesn't convince me to fall on my knees and pray, but it does give me doubt. I'm in the middle of agnostic atheist and full on atheist, and the most religious I'll ever become is a deist, unless sky daddy actually brings his/her kid down (I'd probably think I'm hallucinating first).

Thanks

The old stories of how the douche bags gets the nice girls and how the nice guys become forever alone

He came up with the idea of nonexistent deity, but he can also do it the opposite way, usually by hallucinations. I know that brains naturally seeks for patterns, and I do experience and notice a lot of patterns of different events. No, it doesn't convince me to fall on my knees and pray, but it does give me doubt. I'm in the middle of agnostic atheist and full on atheist, and the most religious I'll ever become is a deist, unless sky daddy actually brings his/her kid down (I'd probably think I'm hallucinating first).
    Not sure if trying to create conversation or just dumb.

---------- Post added 11-29-2012 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-28-2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

My bad I was having a fit of rage as I dropped my remote on my nuts....I'm not even joking.
    wat.(creates blanket post because I'm beta)

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KaylagoesLOL View Post
    There are points in calling his posts stupid. He made a stupid claim that he didn't earlier look up facts to a person with a superiority complex. That's the epitomy of stupid to me.
    grammar
    stahp

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Trying to create conversation, not trying to be dumb, thanks for being nice

Thanks

Because the nice guy is either a pussy or has a introvert personality.

Thanks
    Never reach for something while raising a remote the change the channel above your head and get distracted. Bad things happen.

Thanks

---------- Post added 11-29-2012 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-28-2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

grammar
    stahp
    sahhrry man wuz an ipadd
    TRADES:0
    BUYS: 1
    SELLS: 0
    SCAMS: 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast