Thanks

Gibb's Revision 134 Borderlands 2 save editor doesn't let you change skillpoints

Howdy,

For PC version of BL2.
    The editor lets you adjust money, which I verified is at 100 million now in game, however for the life of me I can't get it to alter skill points.
    I've ran the editor as admin (even though I'm admin)
    I've tried setting the save file as read-only
    I've even tried a procedure I read about elsewhere, where a guy did these steps:

a) Loaded the save file in the editor
    b) Went into game and loaded up a DIFFERENT char than the one i'm changing
    c) While in game on that other char, I go back to the editor and make the skill point changes to my first guy
    d) I save the editor
    e) Back within game, I load up that guy, but there still is no skill point changes

I love the effort to produce an editor, but I'm curious if the skillpoint portion was tested. I hear everyone thanking the editor author and talking
    about modding weapons, but hardly anyone mentioned skillpoints, as if they didn't even try it yet.

I don't want to have to pay $40 for another year of membership at ************.com just to get one trainer to add skillpoints. Waste of money.
    So it's either this editor working, or I have to wait for Willowtree 2 to get finished.

Anyone else successfully added skillpoints?

Thanks
    You could also use a free trainer such as:

Borderlands 2 v1.0-Update 6 Plus 26 Trainer by FLiNG (sends a warning about game version 'may' not be supported but it works fine)

Thanks
    r134 ?? really ?
    i was totally confuse, isnt it the latest revision is r133 ???!????!!!!!???!?!?!?!????!!!!!?

https://*****************/folder/d/0B_...hGWG85TkE/edit

edit : oh, my bad, i feel like a complete retard now, didnt see the update at front page.
    , its ok. sorry.
    Last edited by machine56; 11-30-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Thanks
    Yeah, I just used that FLING trainer you linked. It complained about the version, but it added skillpoints. Thanks sir

Thanks
    The reason adding extra skillpoints no longer works in the Gibbed editor is because starting with patch 1.2.0, the game now sanity-checks your points when you load the character just like it does with bank/inventory size. Gibbed knows about it, but there's nothing he can do.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MPX View Post
    The reason adding extra skillpoints no longer works in the Gibbed editor is because starting with patch 1.2.0, the game now sanity-checks your points when you load the character just like it does with bank/inventory size. Gibbed knows about it, but there's nothing he can do.
    You're mistaken. You can still mod skill pts. The only reason Gibbed doesn't work any more is because it has the wrong address. Use the trainer above, use cheat engine and you can still mod them.

Thanks
    What do you mean by wrong address? It's a save file editor, not a memory editor. Anyway, I am referring to comments made by the author himself; see, for example his response to the first comment here. Note that you can manually change individual skill values by editing the SkillData collection in the Raw tab, but you can no longer simply add unspent points to later allocate in-game because unspent points are sanity-checked on load.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    what I did was go to the RAW section and scroll down to 'Skill Data'....select it and then change the 'grade' to whatever (I changed all mine to 5, or 1 for the single point skills)....this seems to work for me on the 360 (I run a USB thumb drive back and forth between my laptop and my xbox)....hope this helps

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by VinFiend View Post
    what I did was go to the RAW section and scroll down to 'Skill Data'....select it and then change the 'grade' to whatever (I changed all mine to 5, or 1 for the single point skills)....this seems to work for me on the 360 (I run a USB thumb drive back and forth between my laptop and my xbox)....hope this helps
    Gibbed's changed a lot since then. The more recent versions have been fixed so that your level can't be set above 50, nor can you give yourself extra skill points.

I'll test if manually upping skills works, though.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Directly modifying your skills definitely still works.

About to test if they can go beyond their natural limits.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Nope. You can max out all skills, though.