Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Whats wrong with the XBOX 360 XBLA Compatibilty Pack? And when is it gonna be fixed?

It seems that ALMOST EVERYONE is having MAJOR probs downloading the new Compatibility Pack for XBOX 360........it's VITAL for online play and has left MANY ppl scratching their heads, followed closely by them tearing their hair out at the root.......when I first tried to DL it, it got to 99% then went back to 97%....98%....99%....then back to 97%....that repeats for a minute or so......then "Can't Download Compatibility Pack"....W....T....F?!?!??!?!...so ....then I tried moving(NOT deleting) the 'old' compatibility pack on my HD to a xbox formatted USB (you could just delete it, but say better safe than sorry)....just as well....coz when I reloaded the game all the extra content had GONE!!! I tried Re-Downloading the Comp Pack....the download started working... then SAME PROBLEM?!?!??!?! There seems to be a LOT of ppl with the same prob screaming on FB....anyone got any inside info or are up to date with whoever GB is gonna fix this literally during the final countdown to new DLC release....Fukups of this proportion has sunk games companies before...I hope they CAN fix this asap?!?!??! peace out

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Addressed by ChrisF from the GBX BL2 forums
    Compatibility Pack Download Issues - The Gearbox Software Forums
    A new Compatibility Pack is rolling out on Xbox 360 in advance of tomorrow's release of Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt.

We're receiving reports that some are receiving a "Can't download compatibility pack" error message while in the process of downloading this content. We're working with Microsoft to address this and expect the issue to be resolved within hours.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by VinFiend View Post
    It seems that ALMOST EVERYONE is having MAJOR probs downloading the new Compatibility Pack for XBOX 360........it's VITAL for online play and has left MANY ppl scratching their heads, followed closely by them tearing their hair out at the root.......when I first tried to DL it, it got to 99% then went back to 97%....98%....99%....then back to 97%....that repeats for a minute or so......then "Can't Download Compatibility Pack"....W....T....F?!?!??!?!...so ....then I tried moving(NOT deleting) the 'old' compatibility pack on my HD to a xbox formatted USB (you could just delete it, but say better safe than sorry)....just as well....coz when I reloaded the game all the extra content had GONE!!! I tried Re-Downloading the Comp Pack....the download started working... then SAME PROBLEM?!?!??!?! There seems to be a LOT of ppl with the same prob screaming on FB....anyone got any inside info or are up to date with whoever GB is gonna fix this literally during the final countdown to new DLC release....Fukups of this proportion has sunk games companies before...I hope they CAN fix this asap?!?!??! peace out
    =+=+=+UPDATE+=+=+=
    OK, So this is apparently an issue that GB are aware of.....according to their twater feed, it'll be back up in a few hours and they're extending the current 'Hunt Vermi till you pump his pox spawned giant insect ass into the ground repeatedly family fun day' event coz they are taking longer to fix itt than the fist "few hours" they seemed to be expecting......seems nobody is interested in fixing shit on a Monday night in muuurika (can't say I blame 'em...but this is WORLD SHATTERINGLY IMPORTANT DAMMIT!!!!)