Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH News (11/30/12)

16th Edition
    11/30/12

Quippie Contest
    Earlier this week, Gab's Slave #2 made a thread for a 'Quippie Contest'. Contestors are supposed to take a plain Quippie, and edit it into something creative and appealing to Dave, Arun, and Gab's Slave #2 (they are the judges) with specifically Paint. The winner's will get their very own slave - Gab's Slave #2 will become a slave of the winner. If you'd like to read more on the contest, see the entries, or possibly enter yourself, go here.

User News

Polo has regained his cock and his freedom once again after winning the cocksucker voteout for the month of December! You can find the results of the cocksucker voteout here.

Along with the voteout, we've had a few members demoted to the title of "cocksucker" this week. You can see who newly received the cocksucker title under "New Cocksuckers".

Take part in the Quippie contest! Re-design Quippie to whatever you want him to be! Time is running out as you only have 2 more days, so make your entry now!

Postbans/Milestones

Congratulations to Temperrr on 6,000 posts!
    Congratualtions to Dave84311 on 20,000 posts!
    Congratulations to Hannibal on 23,000 posts!
    Congratulations to Versa's Wood on 9,000 posts!
    Congratulations to -BiESi on 3,000 posts!
    Congratulations to DenelfJr on 4,000 posts!
    Congratulations to REVIVE on 5,000 posts!

Birthdays

Happy Birthday to reveng3d!
    Happy Birthday to Arhk!

Promotions

Congratulations to Veherdyn on Minion!
    Congratulations to Koompa on Minion!
    Congratulations to Vice Versa on Minion!
    Congratulations to Markus on Minion!

New Cocksuckers

Slender Man
    Denelf
    Ecstasy
    Cyborg
    APESmoker

Good luck with no freedom, constant abuse, and utter hell.

Interview - [MPGH]DoubleDutch

[MPGH]Time: When did you first join MPGH?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: First of September, 2007.

[MPGH]Time: How did you stumble upon MPGH?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: Well, I was looking for WarRock hacks and I stayed to release some of my own hacks, I only released a few though, since I'm not very good at coding I let other people do the advanced work for me.

[MPGH]Time: What was your first impression when you joined MPGH?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: For a few months or maybe even a year I've only seen the WarRock section, it was really neat and organized at the time. Moderators did their job very well. When I joined General for the first time it was like a complete chaos, but I liked it very much. I left the WR section for it and got really active in General.

[MPGH]Time: Did you do any sort of contributions prior to getting minion? If so, what kind of contributions?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: I've never been a minion, I got moderator though, that was before the whole minion era. Moderators had way more control and respect. I moderated the WR section for about half a year and I resigned when Liz came to the forums to moderate the section. Because there's only so much room for mods.

[MPGH]Time:On the time you stayed on MPGH , did you find anyone who might serve you as an inspiration or role model?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: The time I first joined there was a really active person in the WR section, I forgot his name though, since it was letters and numbers randomly. He was a good coder and active member of the WR section. After that I never really had a role model. Because let's be honest, is there a real role model in the General section?

[MPGH]Time: What's the weirdest thing that has happened to you on MPGH?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: Once, when I was a moderator, there was a small group of people rioting against me because I ruled with an iron first. No tolerance at all. They started claiming that I edited threads and changed the downloads to virusses, that I banned people for no reason etc etc. It didn't bring me down though.

[MPGH]Time: Do you believe that Arun and dave are one?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: Definitely not, in fact, Arun used to support me a lot during the times I was a moderator, I could ask or tell him anything and he'd pretty much instantly help me. Thought about a year after that he banned me for a year because I jokingly called him a spic. Liz lifted the ban after about 6 months. I didn't mind it very much because I was busy doing other things at the time. Dave on the other hand is very good at ignoring people and asking Arun do to stuff so he doesn't have to himself. I think he's more business minded.

[MPGH]Time: Do you have any hobbies outside of MPGH?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: Oh yes plenty, I like doing triathlons (Swimming, biking, running). Hanging out with friends, playing games.

[MPGH]Time: Do you have any favorite music artists or bands that you listen to?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: Not really, most bands I listen to, I only have 1 or 2 songs of them, because I simply don't like the rest of their album or songs. So I have a ton of different artists I listen to, which is a lot of variety.

[MPGH]Time: Do you have any favorite games?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: League of Legends is definitely my favorite game, after that probably Minecraft. Pretty fun games to play. I don't game that much anymore though. And for the PS3 I like the GTA series, can't wait for GTA 5.

[MPGH]Time: Who has helped you out the most on MPGH?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: I'd say Liz and Arun helped me the most, Arun got me to my Moderator position at first and has just been good support. I used to fight a lot wth Liz and honestly we hated eachother, but we're good now, she's also a good support and a nice chat.

[MPGH]Time: Do you believe you are perfect at what you do?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: Oh definitely not, everyone has flaws or has made mistakes. But that doesn't mean I'll acknowledge them. I can be very stubborn to deal with and that's my ways of going. I can be a very nice person as well.

[MPGH]Time: Do you have any favorite quotes to share with us?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much. (don't take that too serious)

[MPGH]Time: Before we wrap this up would you like to give a shout out to anyone?
    [MPGH]DoubleDutch: I'd like to give a shoutout to Time for interviewing me

[MPGH]Time: Thanks for the interfiew mate

Interview - [MPGH]arunforce

Arhk:
    [MPGH]arunforce:

Arhk: I'd like to ask you some questions as MPGH verges on being seven years old. How do you feel about the direction MPGH is heading in?
    [MPGH]arunforce: I think there is room for improvement, but it looks solid.

Arhk: Well I agree, I believe we are moving forward. Seven is most often said to be a lucky number and is regarded in Abrahamic religions as a number of completion & perfection. What are some experiences you'd call lucky in the making and maintaining MPGH, & how close is MPGH to your personal vision of its completion and perfection?
    [MPGH]arunforce: I wouldn't call anything lucky, just a lot of hard work and some sleepless nights, and wouldn't consider it anywhere near completion, it's just ever evolving to fit the changing landscape.

Arhk: I guess things really do happen to boil down more to skill rather than luck. Sounds really like MPGH is a full-time commitment for you. Do you ever regret any amount of time you spend working on MPGH?
    [MPGH]arunforce: Everyday of my life.

Arhk: I'm sure many OPs can sympathize.
    [MPGH]arunforce: The worst part is you can't stick it on your resume or anything, unless you're applying for the CIA or some shit.

Arhk: I didn't know the CIA recruited people form MPGH lol.
    [MPGH]arunforce: CIA always wants black hats to hack China.

Arhk: If I told you I was hacking your MSN right now and installing a keylogger, how would you respond?
    [MPGH]arunforce: I'd laugh and block you. Wouldn't be the first time I heard that one

Arhk: Do you believe that MPGH is something that could be ended with you or Dave or do you believe it's grown to be something more than what can be ended simply?
    [MPGH]arunforce: Well when we started, it was quite different than what it was before, we pushed different ideas about that now are common in VIP and public hacks releases, in that way it would live on, but even if we terminated it, I doubt it would be before someone started a mpgh2 or whatever up to keep it going.

Arhk: I personally feel also that the MPGH community would live on even if the FBI did a complete raid on the server for no apparent reason.
    [MPGH]arunforce: Well we don't host any illegal content and it is offshore, I'm sure the FBI have much bigger fish to fry. But I agree, people are closer together from meeting on the forum, and would still want the community regardless, hacks or not.

Arhk: Well, just one more question before I drop in my bed like a stone. Could you describe Dave's love of cake to MPGH?
    [MPGH]arunforce: An addiction that has no ends, means, or bounds. He'd sell MPGH in a heartbeat if his cake supply ever dried up. Consider yourself lucky... and warned.

Arhk: I'll try to to keep that in mind. Well laterz bro.
    [MPGH]arunforce:

Arhk:
    I mean daddy.
    [MPGH]arunforce: I only have 2 rat sons, grat and tundrat.

Arhk: Fuck you and that cake loving ****** for ignoring me. I leave for like a few months and I've been replaced by rats. You a horrible daddy.
    [MPGH]arunforce: I love you son.

Syria's Internet Blackout

As you all probably know, disaster has been striking the Middle-East for months. To add on to the problems and conflicts, Syrian government officials have shut down their Internet in an attempt to cut-off rebellion communication. Not only their Internet, but their airports and cellphones in certain areas. Chaos can only be considered an understatement, as the Syrian is melting itself apart, as a result of their civil war. Imagine your daily life without Internet, or any source of electronic communication. This is exactly what the citizen of Syria are having to deal with, and the world can only do so much to help end the chaos.

New Leadership in China

China's general secretary, Hu Jintao, has now been replaced by Xi Jinping, a nice, easygoing man who feels calm and relaxed, stepping up into his leadership role. Unlike his predecessor, Jingping is a much friendlier person, and likes to get straight to the point. He hopes to connect to his people, but no one is certain on his goals and plans for the future of China. To emphasize the importance of this event, China only changes leadership every decade. And of course, China is one of the superpowers of the world, thus an impact that echoes throughout the world. Our little knowledge of Jinping is the outcome of him keeping a low-profile during his political career. He has quietly, but effectively risen his way to the top, which has essentially been his dream.

Back To Square One

Egypt has finally found peace within its people. Or has it? Although they have democratically elected Mohammed Morsi as their president, the people of Egypt have yet to simmer. Morsi's win at the prime minister election of last June was only won by a %1 margin against his opponent. This clearly shows that many people are discontent with what he was, and is doing. Several analysts have predicted a "second revolution," which will be bloodier than ever, and will include Islamists, non-Islamists, liberals, women, and even Christians. Already have attacks and protests happened against Morsi. More is yet to happen, as protests continue on, for and against Morsi.

Potential Missile Launch in North Korea

South Korean officials have confirmed that they have seen signs of preparation from North Korea for a missile launch. Not too long ago, they have already tried, but failed, to launch a satellite into space. That technology can easily be converted into launching missiles; long-range missiles. Although North Korea has yet to develop a nuclear device to mount on a missile, their "signs of preparation" tell us that something fishy is going on inside those borders. China, North Korea's "financial aid," will of course be angry if North Korea does launch any sort of missile and start a nuclear war. Over the years, China has wanted North Korea to loosen up the tension in their region, not worsen it. But look at the bright side: North Korea still hasn't been able to develop a missile that can travel more than 800 miles. But no one is certain whether they are capable of doing such. Many believe that a missile can be launched any time in the upcoming weeks. Only time will tell.

GTA V PC version is under consideration

Anyone excited for the upcoming GTA will know that currently, the game is confirmed for both Playstation 3 and Xbox. What does that mean for the PC version?
    Rockstar Games have said that the PC version depends on their business model, since they are not a platform holder. Dan Houser from Rockstar Games had a few words to say about the PC version of the game in his latest IGN interview:
    Everything else is up for consideration. That’s all I can give you. The main thing is we are not…we are a third-party publisher. We’re not Nintendo, we’re not Sony, we’re not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there’s the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market. If that’s on Apple we put something on Apple.

London DLC for Cities in Motion

Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order just announced the release of a new DLC dedicated to London for Cities in Motion, the transports simulation available on PC since March, 2011.
    From Westminster to Square Mile, Cities in Motion: London will include many places, monuments and vehicles. It will also feature three new scenarios including the Olympic Games, which took place in London last summer.
    This new DLC is already available for $4.99 on a few downloading platforms, including Steam.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/cim.png[/img]

GTA: Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition coming to iOS and Andriod

Earlier last week, Rockstar proudly announced that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition will be released on iOS via the App Store and Android through Google Play on December 6th, with iOS version priced at £2.99 and Android version at £3.72. No USD price, yet.
    The 10th Anniversary Edition brings the full GTA experience to the table, with high-resolution graphics, and several enhancements that are unique to the iOS and Android devices. This version brings, updated character models, lighting effects, a new and more precise firing system and a fully customizable control layout.
    Here is a complete list of compatible devices below:
    Apple iOS Devices: iPad, iPhone 4, 4S & 5, iPod touch 4th & 5th Generation
    Android Phones: Motorola Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Photon, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Rezound, HTC One X, HTC One S, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy Note 1 & 2, Samsung S2, Samsung Galaxy R, Sony Xperia Play, Sony Xperia S, P, T & TL, Sony Walkman Z Series Media Player, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Google Nexus 4
    Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, LG Optimus Pad, Medion Lifetab, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 / 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Sony Tablet P, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Flyer, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10

Ace of Spades coming on Steam in December

Ace of Spades, the independent Minecraft-looking FPS will join the list of games available through Steam next December with a bunch of new maps, weapons, mods and improvements.
    Up to 32 players will can struggle in full destructible environments, which can be rebuilt and customized, in this Steam version.
    Ace of Spades was originally released on April 13, 2011 as a Free-to-Play.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/aos_small.png[/img]

Bioshock Infinite won't have a multiplayer mode

Recent rumors stated that Bioshock Infinite might not feature a multiplayer mode. Ken Levine, creative director of Irrational Games, revealed on Twitter that there won’t be any multiplayer mode for Bioshock Infinite, and their decision is final.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/ken-levine-bioshock-infinite-no-mul.jpg[/img]
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/ken-levine-bioshock-infinite-no-mul_2.jpg[/img]

Max Payne 3 Painful Memories DLC launches on December 4th

Painful Memories, the fourth DLC for Max Payne 3, is set to be released on December 4th. Inspired by Max's past, the DLC will include four all new multiplayer maps, two new assault rifles, new avatars and items, as well as an all new burst.

You'll be able to re-visit the Roscoe Street Subway bloodbath of the original game, the gloomy Walton's Bar in the city of Hoboken, the luxurious yacht owned by the Branco family, or open fire over Canal de Panamá. All of those maps are, of course, specifically made to be played in multiplayer - so bring your friends (or foes, if that's your thing).
    Furthermore, two all news assault rifles - the IMG 5.56 and UAR-21 - will be available for you to shoot your way through the maps with.
    And finally, the all new Hangover Burst. Upon activation, this makes any enemy respawning have blurred vision, as well as reduced stamina and health.

The pack will be available on December 4th for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE and $10 on PlayStation Network and PC (Rockstar Pass owners will receive this content for free).

Dishonored DLC and possible series

The first DLC for the successful first-person action game Dishonored will be available on all platforms on December 11 and is named 'Dunwall City Trials'.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/dunwall_city_trials.png[/img]
    Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials will bring 10 distinct maps that will test and track your combat, stealth and mobility skills. These maps include an arena battle where you fight waves of of tallboys, guards, weepers and thugs but also a gravity-defying run of drop assassinations, and a race against the clock.
    Together with those maps there will also be a global online leader board as well as a set of achievements.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/dunwall-city1.jpg[/img][img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/dunwall-city2.jpg[/img]
    Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials will be available on Steam for $8.45

In other Dishonored news, the sales of Dishonored have been high enough for Bethesda to consider making a new franchise. Bethesda VP of marketing Pete Hines had a few words to say regarding the future of Dishonored:

Although no online numbers were revealed during the sales of Dishonored, but 460,200 boxed copies sold in North America during its launch month of October.

Miner Wars 2081 Released

Miner Wars 2081, the action-survival space shooter game built around the concept of 6DOF (six degrees of freedom) is finally released. After its initial revealing back in 2010, the game has slowly gained popularity.

The game, featuring fully desctructible open-world terrain, is set in the year 2081, only a few years after the destruction of every planet in the solar system. The player controls an advanced miner bot, able to dig, harvest ores, travel the solar system or fight enemies. Throughout the game you are introduced to a wide array of missions, including rescue, exploration, base defense, stealth, harvesting and racing.
    The game has been Greenlit on Steam, and is available for $20 until December 12, where it will jump back up to its original price of $25. It's also available at GameStop, Desura or the developer's official website.

The Humble THQ Bundle has been released

The Humble Bundle THQ Edition has just been released. Just like all other Humble Bundles, you can pay your own price - down to as little as one penny - for a group of games. This time around, the focus is on THQ.

Giving away 7 well-known games, including Metro 2033, Saints Rows the Third, and Darksiders, in one amazing bundle, the bundle will run for another 13 days and two hours. Plenty of time to get your wallet out. Something special about this bundle to keep in mind is the fact that the games are Windows and Steam exclusive. If you're running Mac or Linux, you're out of luck (unless you get hacky).

The full list of games is:
    • Darksiders
    • Metro 2033
    • Red Faction Armageddon
    • Company of Heroes
    • Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    • Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
    • Saints Row: The Third (SPECIAL: Pay over the average - currently at $5.46 - to earn this game)

Microsoft success and disappointments over Black Friday. (Win 8)

Since the release of the newest operating system, Windows 8, over 40 millions copies have been sold internationally! Heads of Microsoft have come out to compare this with Windows 7 that sold 60 million over a period of two and a half months. The amount sold is ground breaking in terms of being the fastest selling operating system as of date. With good news of sales user content should reflect postive; however, this is not the case. Many critics claim that windows 8 is to large of a transitional shift from 7. Many features have been added with a neat layout yet confusion is the number one claim from users. Popular site theweek claims "If you use Windows 8 on a desktop PC with a keyboard and mouse, it can feel awkward at times, frustrating at others, and confusing." Some views of windows 8 provide good feedback to Microsoft such as TechRadar scoring the operating system with a 4.5 out of 5. A huge plus is the new security that is added to improve the state of the computer. Many flaws such as the loss of a start menu and modern UI can plague some people's choice from switching. Overall the general public may not be able to fully adjust towards the big leap, however it has been a successful leap!
    [/list][/list]

MPGH News Team
    Last edited by Psychotic; 12-01-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

DoubleDutch (12-03-2012),Dreamer.JR (12-01-2012),Fox (12-01-2012),Geometrical (12-10-2012),Janitor (12-01-2012),[MPGH]KING (12-04-2012),[MPGH]Liz (12-06-2012),[MPGH]Luke420 (11-30-2012),Maxedout (12-01-2012),numanumajosh (12-01-2012),Royce (12-01-2012),StupidFuck (12-12-2012),Vehrdyn (11-30-2012),Viktor (12-01-2012),~Shadow (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Great news .
    Fix my name

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thanks for this,good job!Always enjoy reading the interviews!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vehrdyn View Post
    Great news .
    Fix my name
    Hmm.
    Well maybe.. Our News is correct, and maybe YOUR name is wrong? Change your name to Veherdyn. .

Kidding, on it.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    good job man really starting to like this

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke420 View Post
    good job man really starting to like this
    Good man, I'm glad. ^^

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Very nice.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Guess what, ur a month behind.

Ill read the interviews tomorrow
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post
    Guess what, ur a month behind.

Ill read the interviews tomorrow
    month behind on...?

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

month behind on...?
    Look at the title of the thread.
    Are we in October?

Gee whiz whoever does the gaming news sure is the cat's meow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bowlcut For This Useful Post:

Bernard (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    nice job psy .

Thanks
    Nice as always, keep it up!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitekillr View Post
    Look at the title of the thread.
    Are we in October?

Gee whiz whoever does the gaming news sure is the cat's meow.
    LOL. CHANGED IT. NO ONE SAW THAT.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016